Beatriz Playa & Spa
Hotel THB Flora(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Restaurant
Seaside Los Jameos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$195
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Gloria Izaro Club Hotel(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$104
  • Restaurant
Montana Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$100
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Pool
VIK Hotel San Antonio(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$162
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
  • Pool
Hipotels La Geria(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$103
US$89
  • Pool
BelleVue Aquarius(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$133
US$112
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Barcarola Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$139
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
US$288
3,235 results
All reviewsburger barthe oriental restaurantpool barclose to the airportanimation teamplane spottingrefurbished roomevening entertainmentplenty of sunbedsplanes comingreception staffgreat holidayplenty of choicebig hotelsea viewkids clubpay euros
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We returned home on 23 aug after a 2 week stay.
We have visited the hotel several times and I have never felt compelled to write a review but felt I had to as some people write things which are just not true. One comment says no food is available unless at mealtimes. There are rolls and cakes mid morning and late afternoon or fruit if you prefer.
The reception area is immaculate and beautifully furnished. Staff are great.
The pool area is very clean. A cleaner is walking around all day picking up plastic cups ( blown by the wind), scrubbing the shower area, cleaning the floor and generally keeping things nice. The floor may have been sticky if a drink had just been spilt but cleaners can't be everywhere all of the time!
Entertainment has improved on the whole with a great Beatles tribute band, magician and juggler... Not too sure about the Lion King act though! I agree it would be nice for couples to have somewhere to drink whilst the mini disco is on although my husband and I did end up singing The choo choo song and a few others!!
We once stayed on the ground floor and I agree it can be noisy. We e mail Eric now to request a particular room with lovely view of sea and pool. A lovely room makes such a difference.
Staff are great... Special mention to Eric and Patricia.
It's a good idea that people can't use the pool before 9 am as this ensures no early reserving of beds.
We were pleased that room had been decorated since last visit and new furniture on balcony. It seems like comments are being acted upon as bar area very clean in afternoons too now as well as all areas. I agree that the bedspreads aren't great!:)
Our only complaint is that the best area in the entertainment area ( elevated near waterfall) was reserved every eve and the guests didn't appear until 10pm. One night there was no one there at 11 pm and lots of guests had to stand.
All in all I would certainly recommend the Beatriz and thanks to all staff for a great stay.
Thank you for the free bottle of cava upon arrival and one for my birthday, free tickets to the spa and a lovely birthday surprise .
Amanda and John Ingram

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Amanda I
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Mr/s Ingram,

I would like to thank you for your review in the travellers community TRIPADVISOR, especially you bringing some precision and correction to other reviews. THANK YOU. I have to add a special Thank You from myself and my assistant Patricia for your lovely remark about us.
Believe me it will always be a great pleasure for us to receive you again and again.

Thank you one more time and we are looking forward to see you again.

My best regards

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Arriving back from the hotel only last week I must say that I was apprehensive about the reviews I read. The hotel has a beautiful reception area and I would imagine the hotel in its hay day would of been first class.
The rooms are rather tired they need better bed spreads and a lick of paint. but they are only to sleep in so they didnt ruin our stay.
Cleaned daily and towels fresh, we had tea making facilites no extra cost. air con worked very well.
The food was excellent quality plenty of choice for every one, the pool side bar had excellent choice daily and the children loved the burger bar and ice cream parlour.
The salads were excellent and the hotel catered for many nationalities, we are abroad not at home and people forget this.
Food can get repetative so try something new.
There were plenty of sun beds and we were able to get up at a reasonable time without having to keep beds.
The pool area was dirty and very sticky this should of been jetted daily ,I ruined a pair of flip flops bcause of it being so sticky.
The bar and restaurant around the pool was at times very busy and yes spanish people do not like queing but We just ignored them and enjoyed the company of our friends and the people we meet.
The staff at the pool side bar were at times giving out chilled bottles of water to the spanish but we just took it on the chin and chilled we were on holiday.
The alcohol was to our liking we drank all sorts they were not watered down, as some people mentioned.
My Daughter enjoyed the entertainment at night, there could of been more to do in the day as we have teenagers.
There are lots of mosquitos in the bar area I was bitten terrible because there is a waterfall in side I took all the necessary treatments but they still got me.
We love Matagorda we have been 3 times and our friends have been 4 times. Lanzarote is a beautiful island and matagorda is flat and the beach is lovely.
Go and enjoy the hotel and the area, it is not a 4 star by our standards but we had a great holiday and we will be returning again.

5  Thank louise j
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to learn about your experience and that you would stay again with us.
Thank you as well for your remark regarding the comments you have read about watered down drinks, wihch are, obviously not true. THANK YOU.
About the surrounding of the swimming pools we have put one more person to look after it’s cleaning. And I am sorry for you to get bitten by salvage mosquitoes, this is actually due to the heat of this summer, as we, normally, do not have this problem as much.

It will be a great pleasure to receive you again in the Beatriz Playa & Spa.
Looking forward to see you soon, please, do receive all my best regards.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just returned from 11 day stay at the Beatriz Playa in Matagorda. I have to say that this was one of the better all inclusives I have stayed at. The food is excellent and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. Shower Gel, Shampoo and soaps are all provided as is a hair dryer.Local drinks are available all day by the pool and in the evening in the Show Bar. The pool area is clean and safe and the hotel generally is highly rated. Pool towels can be obtained for a returnable deposit of 15eu per person.
We travelled as a couple without children and therefore the downside for us, and it is a thing that the management need to address urgently, was that there is nowhere, within the All Inclusive Deal, to go in the evening other than the showbar. This means that you either have to suffer the kids Mini Disco and loads of doating parents trying to appease their offsprings, or pay to use the Piano Bar or an Offsite facility. All inclusive should be exactly that. We chose the latter after a few nights of torture which means that we probably missed out on some good late evening entertainment. If you arrive late you don`t get a seat.
The other complaint was that we were given a room directly above the Showbar which prohibited us, due to the noise, from turning in any earlier than midnight. When requested, an alternative room was not available at the time.
The big advantage for us was the fact that the pool area was not open until 9.00am and reserving sunbeds was forbidden. There were ample beds for everyone and even if you went out for the day, you could come back and find a place by the pool.
I recommend the Spa. Great way to relax and not over expensive. 12 Euro for 2 hours.
All things considered this was probably good value for money but, with very little effort, could have been perfect.
I will probably not return.

Room Tip: Do not accept a ground floor room above the Showbar. Boy is it loud. Rooms 87 through 110 are definately a no no if you retire before midnight.
3  Thank RobertTamworthStaffs
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I read all the reviews before booking this hotel and I was so glad that I made the right choice. What a great place it was, we were a family of 5 and we were made welcome from the moment we stepped foot into the reception. Reception staff were very friendly and they attend to you quickly and explain all that you need to know. We had the junior suite which was immaculate for us, very clean, had a living room and an interconnecting room as well. The hotel is massive with lovely views wherever you are.
Food was excellent at the main buffet restaurant with various dishes to please everyone. The service is excellent here, kids loved the variety of the desserts. They also have show cooking during lunch and dinner where chefs cook meat/fish in a dedicated area. If you prefer the healthy option there are plenty of fruits and salads to go around as well. The Oriental restaurant food was ok, but not at a standard you would expect. Didn't visit the Burger bar or Pizzeria so cant comment.
They also have a mini club for kids activities which they throughly loved, gives the parents some time on their own too. Pool was lovely and the bar right next to the pool was handy too for drinks and food. The main show bar was great in the evenings as it had variety of shows. The bar staff were great and they serve extremely quickly, I wished they served like this in UK. There is also an Ice cream parlour within the hotel which opens from 2-6pm and this was a hit with the kids. There a very good spa as well which costs €12/person. Beach is right on the door step so it was easy access. If you love planes then this is a paradise as you can see them flying over to land at the nearby airport, so make sure your camera has lots of memory cos i almost filled mine up taking pictures of the planes while sunbathing near the pool.

I think the mixture of tourists are good with the right balance of Spanish/English/Germans. We found the Spanish very friendly and always had a smile on their faces.

In summary, this is a great hotel and most of the issues you may have read in other travellers reviews have been sorted out as I did not find a single negative issue with this hotel. If you are two minds about making a decision on this hotel, go ahead and book this place, as you will not be disappointed!

7  Thank Blue737

Dear guests,

Thank you for your review about our establishment, it is always a pleasure for us to read the satisfaction of our guests, thank you as well for you to share your experience on TRIPADVISOR, which, I have no doubt, will encourage other travellers to choose the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa for their holiday on this beautiful island.
Many thanks again.

We do hope to receive and satisfy you again and meanwhile we remain.

All our best regards

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We went here on a week long family all inclusive holiday in May 2012. The hotel is advertised as a 4* it is definitely no more than a 3*. Yes it looks good from the photographs on the various travel websites and you can tell that at some point (probably about 10 years ago) it was a nice clean good 4* hotel. The communal areas look the part with the polished marble and statues, but that's just on the surface and at first glance. The room was in desperate need of decorating it was very tired looking, although the beds were made daily the floor was only brushed and cleaned once during our stay. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room as was advertised but available at a cost it would have been cheaper to buy our own kettle. Oh and the iron yes at a cost you guessed it everything is at a cost so if you are all inclusive and have already booked to stay here then take at least 80 euros just to cover the cost of a safe, iron and kettle. They don't have ironing boards we asked mind I'm glad as that would have blew the budget. The food was not good it was poor. We are not fussy eaters but it was monotonous same, same, same all week. We have been on a number of all inclusive hols and don't normally eat out but on this holiday we ate out 2 nights we had a laugh though (at our own expense) as one night there was a joint of beef being carved the first decent thing I'd seen for evening meal so I joined the queue the lady in front of me dared to ask for a second slice of beef ooh the look she got for daring to ask for more it was carved and I think that chef could do the job o a meat slicer on the thinnest setting! you could actually see through the slices they were transparent. I seen three vegetables in the week and they were all on the one night! very poor show, Drinks well I drink supermarket own brands and Aldi's finest but I couldn't drink what they were serving up yuk absolute rubbish we went into the paying bar for a decent drink. The only good thing about this place is the pool area nice and vast plenty of sunbeds and on the front line to the beach. the food on the lunchtime at the pool area is far superior to the evening meals and that's only what you'd expect from a decent caf. Also if you like plane spotting this is a good place to be. Location is not good though a taxi ride into puerto del carmen which is lovely and only 5 euros. Otherwise you have the commercial centre about 5 minute walk - give it a miss you'll be the only ones there ok if you like your own company! This place has put me off All inclusives in Lanzarote. Don't stay here and if you do don't choose the all inclusive deal - be warned. Loved Lanzarote though and Puerto del carmen will definately return but self catering somewhere more central, Oh I nearly forgot the entertainment is poor very poor for anyone over the age about 8 or if your totally drunk but it won't be from the AI drinks here.

Room Tip: High floors with sea view good for the plane spotting
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family