“excellent hotel”

Ranked #45 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
england
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just back from a week at this great hotel,
the rooms are large and spotlessly cleaned everyday, the food is very good and varied for all inclusive, the pool area is clean and loads of sunbeds to go around, the underground waterfalls and trees are amazing and I've never seen the same anywhere which makes the hotel very special, all of the staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you,
the only small problem is the entertainment on a night, it could have been better but we looked at this weeks entertainment board and it looked like it had a better selection of acts then the week that we had so I suppose it's the luck of the draw, but that is a very small gripe,
the planes are good to watch when you're sunbathing too.
I really can't see how people can moan about this hotel but then again I suppose it's different experiences and also some people just like to moan,
well done to all the staff and management at the Beatriz, would definitely go back.

Room Tip: ask for a sea and pool view,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank casperlad
Diego P, Director Comercial at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks a lot for your time and comment! It is very nice to see our guests enjoyed their days with us. We put a special effort not only in the attention, but also in offering a varied selection in our buffet, it is really nice you appreciate it. Concerning the night entertainment, we try to offer different shows through the week. However, we will inform the direction about this part for them to take note.

Have our best regards and, hope to see you soon again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Gloucester
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one week from 6th April. The hotel reception was speedy and friendly. Our room was spotlessly cleaned every day, it was large and had a great view over the sea and airport runway - we requested this via email. The food was always hot and with a an excellent variety. A good selection of shops were available in the hotel. The spa was fabulous and a free ticket to the amazing water spa with hamman and sauna was given when hiring the room safe. Hotel staff were lovely and the pool area and bar always accessable as you are not allowed to save pool beds with towels early in the morning. We had a lovely holiday for the money we paid. We were able to travel by bus to many resorts, although the bus stop is quite a walk. To find the bus stop, we found it easier to walk back along to the shopping centre and cut though to the main back road, once we had found the way it was easy. We will definately go back to this hotel and quiet resort of matagorda. Look very carefully on the beach and you can even find precious green olivine crystals amongst the rocks. Due to some reviews, we visited with an open mind and we were very happy indeed with our hotel and holiday. Thank you Beatriz playa.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Jac4
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion about the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very glad to learn that the hotel and its facilities were satisfying. I hope that we can welcome you again soon for another lovely break. Please don't forget to get in touch with us inadvance for a room resrevation or any other questions.

England
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was our fourth visit to this hotel and we were looking forward very much to yet another break there.

We had a very negative experience this year, in our opinion the hotel has gone down hill, the room wasn't cleaned very well at all.. As we were queing for the lunch time buffet there were birds sat in the food as bold as brass eating the buffet, how unhygenic!.

Also there were experienced members of staff who were very rude, they were certainly old enough to know better.

The internet was absolute rubbish this year, free Wifi hardly ever on and the paid wifi was very patchy and not worth the money.

The only positive was the spa, lovely experience.

Goes without saying if we return to Lanzarote it won't EVER be back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ManGlassAndMe
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to learn that you were so dissatisfied with your last stay. I wish we could have tried to solve these problems during your stay, as it is most important for us to do everything necessary to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. We will take the hints given in account and rectify these points. Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my son,.its a well-maintained spacious hotel,.no mad rush for sunbeds in the morning, very laid back. Our room had a seaview and you could lie on the bed watching the waves and the planes landing! Food was fine, plenty choice and i didnt find it cold at all. Entertainment is low key but think it will be more in summer season. Staff are all pleasant and friendly, you can pay for drinks in the sports bar at a reduced price. Lovely liquer coffees and fresh cocktails, worth the few euros extra. Lovely 6km pedestrianised promenade right outside,.ideal for runners and good fun to hire a flintbike for a few hours and see about. Good choice of quiet clean beaches on doorstep too. Would recommend

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank FoshFife_Scotland
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripaAdvisor. I am pleased to find out that you liked the hotel, its facilities and its situation. Special hanks for the nice comment on our staff, they will appreciate it! I am glad that you liked the food we offer and I am very sure that you description of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa will provide relevant information for other travelers. We would be very pleased to welcome you again as our guests in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa.

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to many all inclusive hotels from Sandals and Iberostar but also more budget style AI's over the last 10 years both in Europe and worldwide so consider my opinion to be informed. There are THREE massive issues for this hotel, firstly the food; a good selection but always luke warm and never served on hot plates! The irony of this is that plates are stacked in plate warmers but on 3 separate instances I observed the italian a la carte being an example the heating machine was not working! the buffet is kept hot by what can only be described as a 50 Watt light bulb which means even food placed down is luke warm after 10 minutes! The evening entertainment was truly excruciating, starting at 10pm (why so late?) it mainly consisted of the same dreadful dancing and backing singers. The third major issue is this hotel asks you to pay for everything other hotels include for free; Wifi (20 euros per week), fridge (21 euros per week), tea and coffee making in room (21 euros per week) beach towel service (15 euro refundable deposit but then 1 euro each time you wanted a fresh towel) add these costs and the hotel is not as cheap as what first appears. other gripes were that there was no inside bar area during the day, which seems odd considering the size of the hotel (over 400 rooms) and overall the hotel needs a refresh decor wise with cracks and peeling paint in evidence both in the main hotel areas and bedrooms.

There are some Positives of this hotel in that the choice of facilities are good with games rooms, shops and also an excellent spa which although costs 12 euros is well worth a visit.

Overall the hotel staff work very hard and the service provided is good but it is clear the owners are cutting corners with a lack of investment at a hotel that could given its facilities be so much better. Add 80 euros to the price as that is what you will be paying if you want a comparable price including fridge use lol!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ben A
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to learn that we couldn't meet all your requirements and that you were partly dissatisfied with your stay. I hope that you could even though enjoy your holiday and I would like to thank you for your very nice remark concerning our staff and their service. Thanks as well for recommending our Spa. The points of criticism will be considered and transmitted to the decision makers, thank you for your feedback.

Unst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from a week in March on the all inclusive package . When arrived the hotel looked very nice from the outside was impressed . Till we entered our room . All I can say I was shocked and horrified at the state of the room for a 4 star hotel . The walls were dirty plaster falling from the wall were the balcony sliding door was . The beds in my eyes had not been changed from previous guests . As hairs on the pillows marks on the bed sheets .the balcony table had not been washed . All rusty the windows had not been washed . Yes I would give the hotel for 4stars for the grounds yes well kept pity the inside was not looked after as outside . The other disappointment was that during the day there was no bar open inside the hotel open for drinks , you had to sit at the pool bar or walk there every time you wanted a drink . The food in the restaurant was was ok always something there you could eat not the best quality I've tasted . The pool side buffet in the afternoon for lunch I would not suggest eating there as the birds were picking at the food there was no protection for the food and staff just did nothing . This is one way of contracting food poison as birds carry all different disease . We decided to eat in the main restaurant for lunch . The entertainment at night seems to be a bit robotic . But ok. I have filled in a formal complaints form . About this hotel . I don't tend to write reviews but I had to on this occasion . I would hate other people to waste there hard earn money . In booking a holiday at the Beatriz resort and spa . THANK GOD THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER .

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank robert f
Diego P, Director Comercial at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Robert,

We are very sorry the hotel did not fulfill your expectations, let me apologize for that and for the problema at your room when you arrived. The room should have be prepared for you, and this was our mistake. Concerning the birds, it is indeed a problem for us as well but thanks it just happens in this period of the year as there are nesting, believe me we are perfectly aware and do take the measures we are allowed to, as nets at the entrance of the restaurants, ultrasonic devices meant to avoid them, we do even feed them before the opening of the restaurants but we cannot possibly do much more as there are strict laws about bird protection.

If you decide to trust us again, I would be very pleased if you could contact me once you have made your booking. Have our best regards.
Kent
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We just got back, we were a bit worried about the planes going in and out, we should not have worried, yes they do come and go but sometimes you forget about it. The staff at reception were so helpful. all the hotels we have stayed their hygiene was the best, in the dinning hall all the chefs clothes were so white not a spot on them, only thing I will bring up is all inclusive guests were told in evening meal eat on left as other side for paying guest, being disabled I could not sit at back, so had a few words did not like it one of the waiters but who carers we paid as well, the meat craved by the chef melted in your mouth, for breakfast I am a fussy eater and if I can find things to eat you will, every breakfast you could look for, did Italian not nice food wise all of guest we spoke to said the same. Bar of night was great soon got to know what you want and entertainment was not bad we enjoyed it, went for some walks, done the wht show worth the visit ( drag queens) go to the volcano I went and even being disabled was ok, glad I went and jade ( our rep) was great always saved the front seat for me help so much, the carnival was on lovely but to much for me floats went on for 4 hours, made our one margate look a bit sick. You must do the spa it's heaven hubby did not want to go in, but he had to, to help me, we had to go again before we came home he loved it, was a bit expensive we were only one of 4 that was in there made a bit cheaper I think people would use it more. Pool was been use a lot, when we arrived it was windy for 4 days, did not use pool bar for lunch only once, we prefer the main one, lovely waterfall goes though the hotel and birds sings is lovely only think is you got the gnats biting nicely so don't forget your gnats cream, it was a long walk from airport to coach it was difficult for me to do the walk but I got there.
I have read other reviews on here and was a bit worried, but we thought we go and make up our own mind and its a holiday that you make it, we had a big room we 2 steps down and a flat screen TV and settee opening on to a lovely balcony looking out over the courtyard and pool. We got into the bar and sat just in front of the bar so we went there about 7.15 as it got a bit packed so don't know what it be in summer, did lot of games for adults and children and children got there own club house room.
Yes we will be going back and we would recommend this hotel to anyone and from me all my family and friends would tell you it's got be good for me it must be good, usually by ten days I want come home but after 14 husband and me wanted stay longer, so hope this review helps any one going to the hotel, the staff were so good on the desk when I muck up my internet which is 20E for 7days in wi fi room it's free. They gave me another 7 day wifi. We thought that 3E a day was expensive for the safe, also so tea making equipment was 3E a day we took our own and left theirs on the table, you only get CNN or sky news not unless u can speak Germany or Spanish,
Ok and if any wants any questions please ask I will answer best I can hope this helps

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank vixen173
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed your holiday so much and it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Thank you for letting us know about the food in the Italian restaurant, we will take that in account and have already changed some of the dishes.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in advance for a room reservation or any other wishes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#9 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
#15 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!