Firstly the location is excellent, handy for the beach (a hop, skip and jump away - well almost!!), shops and restaurants, taxis and buses. It's quite quiet in Matagorda which suited us just fine. The superior bungalow we were in (block 2, number 15) was clean, spacious, had a garden with sun loungers, a patio with a table and chairs and was situated right beside one of the pools in the complex with a snack bar beside it (we didn't use this as we were self catering). I've put up a photograph of the details of cleaning etc for Thomson customers. The kitchen was perfectly equipped for a two week holiday although the cooker only had two rings and you couldn't get the two largest pots on at once!! You'll also need a cork screw if you're drinking wine without a screw top as there wasn't one supplied. As we had a superior bungalow we had air conditioning but surprisingly only in bedroom? This wasn't really a problem though as there was a lovely breeze throughout the day and if you opened the windows and the back door the living area was kept lovely and cool. The only reason I gave this bungalow four stars is because of the beds!! The mattresses were the hardest things ever (and I like a firm mattress). I asked at reception if they could provide less firm ones only to be told these were all they had and the reason they were so hard was because they were new and hadn't been broken in!! In the end we put the padded covers from the sun loungers on top of the mattress on the bed which made all the difference. A taxi to Puerto Del Carmen cost us 6 euros including a tip and to Playa Honda was 8 euros. You could take a leisurely walk to Playa Honda following the promenade route round the airport in about 45 minutes but the walk to the centre of Puerto Del Carmen will take a while longer so I'd advise you to take the bus which costs about 2 euros one way. The tour company Customer Travel provides reasonably priced tours around the island and they do a tour to Teguise market which only costs 4 euros per person which is just as cheap as getting the public bus. The public bus can be found at the front of the Jameos Hotel which is a 10 minute walk away. Rancho Texas is definitely worth a visit and take your swim gear, the water park area is a good place to chill though there aren't any rides just a pool and kiddies play area. For a great meal walk along the beachfront to the Caballito de Mar restaurant, it's very reasonably priced, the staff are lovely and the food is delicious. For the money we paid this was a fab location and the bungalow was ideal for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas has a unique location so that you can enjoy to the maximum your vacations of relax and leisure. Located in the tourist center of Puerto del Carmen, the three-star-resort is in front of Matagorda, a long family beach of golden sand and perfect for walking as well as the practice of water sports. The resort is just a few minutes away from the capital Arrecife, the airport of Lanzarote and a great golf course. Just a few meters away you´ll find the promenade Avenida de las Playas, which communicates with Puerto del Carmen and is ideal for taking a pleasant stroll, do sports or simply enjoy watching people come and go. Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas causes surprise due to its wide open spaces as well as its architecture – typical from Lanzarote in white and green colors. It has 134 completely independent apartments divided in seven sectors with their own pool. Four of the seven pools are heatable and three of them count with an enabled space for children. The resort also disposes of a restaurant-buffet and a snack bar. In common areas you can get free wifi connection. In Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas we put everything at your disposal for you to enjoy this experience in a welcoming ambience. Lanzarote, known as “the volcano island”, is pure geology, full of spectacular aquatic and moon-like landscapes. It is the land of contrasts: the white houses, the volcanic red and the turquoise crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic. It is land of works of art-nature, delicate and merged with the landscape. Lanzarote is pure harmony between the man and nature. In Lanzarote you will find the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya (Timanfaya National Park): truly a spectacle declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, it is the island of the eternal spring. The appealing and surprising spots will fascinate and captivate you. Lanzarote is the ideal place for the practice of water sports. The unique climate, the optimum water temperatures and trade winds make of Lanzarote one of the best spots worldwide for surfing and windsurfing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalows Las Gaviotas Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen