Myself, family and friends have been staying at La Penita on and off for the last 15 years and consider it to be our home from home in the sunshine. We love staying at these apartments, Susi the Manager and all the staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The location is great with everything within walking distance with lots of restaurants and bars, something to suit all tastes. This time we stayed for 3 weeks from June running into July. It is nearly 4 years since we were here and whilst I do not wish to seem too negative there are a few things that I feel need to share with reviewers:
1. We found out that a number of the apartments on the complex have been sold to Spanish people and they obviously can use all of the facilities. At weekends, especially Sundays, the families, friends and relatives descend onto the pool area and create what can only be described as feeling and sounding like a 'Spanish Blackpool,' very, very loud. The children run around unsupervised and dive bomb into the pool. The children are left to roam the complex during the evening up to 9.30 - 10.00pm. One Friday evening a group of them were playing hide and seek and running up and down the balconies outside our apartments for 2 hours. They and some of the adults are using the pool up to 9.00pm at night when it quite clearly states in the apartment brochure that the pool should not be used after 7.00pm. Is there one rule for them and a different rule for us? On Saturdays and Sundays we didn't stay around the pool.
2. We all know that we are not supposed to reserve sunbeds but as some people were out at 7am reserving beds and if you want to be in a particular area then you have to be up early to put your towels out because of this. We then went down after breakfast for most of the day. Some of the reserved beds were not used and this is really annoying. One elderly guy came down like clockwork every day at 7.30am, reserved 2 beds an umbrella and a table and pegged it all down, without fail he then removed them at 5.30pm, he never used them in all of the three weeks we were there! More supervision needed around the complex both during the day and night time.
3. Some of the towels, bedding and pillows need replacing as they are very tatty. Bathroom cleaning not great, front of toilet and under toilet rim quite dirty.
We are all for people enjoying themselves and are not averse to noise and love to see kids enjoying themselves, but this time the atmosphere had changed from what we are used to.
I hope the management take on board our comments and hopefully we can enjoy many more happy times at La Penita.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Penita Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Penita Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- La Penita Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen