“Mixed”

Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
cork
“Mixed”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked to stay here privately. No receptionist when we arrived she only works 10 to 3 Monday to Friday . The lift was the grottiest i have ever seen. The apartment looked good with a pool view. It could have done with a good clean. The public areas were very well maintained and regularly cleaned. Yes there was a dead cockroach outside our apartment but it was removed the following day. At least it was dead. No matter which way u tried it there was a steep hill to return to the apartment from the strip. The pool was advertised as heated. In my opinion it was still cold. It was very quiet around the pool. on one of the days there was only one other person on the sunbeds which is fine if that suits u but pretty boring if u like people watching. No music , no bar. vending machine only.

Room Tip: Pool view or sea view both are good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CorkLou

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
limerick ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed in the Ocean Lanzamar at the end of may/early June. The complex is very well kept and it had a lovely pool area. Most apartments in this complex have Irish and UK channels on TV which is great to have when you have a few hours in the evening to pass away. Apartment I stayed in {218} had everything you could want including a full size fridge/freezer, washing machine, three fans which on this occasion weren't needed and a safe also in the bedroom. Three different wifi signals around the complex. Spar just behind complex. Never a problem getting a sunbed. Very quiet and no traffic etc. to keep you awake. Very short walk to Old Town, slightly further to Strip but only a ten minute walk. Would definitely go back to this complex.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank ann18ac
Carlisle
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Had a lovely holiday here with the wife. Travelled in off season so the weather wasn't great but everything else was.

We had a lovely view over the pool. The beach is a nice stroll away and we loveld being in the more sedate part of del carmen.

Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank EdgarJon
Peacehaven
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Lovely apartment we stayed in apartment B316 ref. code Home 241089 on www.holidaylettings.co.uk Apartment bright very clean and nicely decorated with a modern look. Felt very happy going 'home' to apartment each day after being out and about, felt like home from home.We were picked up from airport with no worries about finding apartment when you first arrive in new place.
The apartment has everything you need, included in apartment a washing machine, clothes horse, iron and board. Frances even supplies you with beach towels. Also a safe,and flat screen TV with some English/Irish channels.
There is a small balcony with sun from midday until sunset overlooking the gardens and pool.
The complex itself is very nicely kept clean tidy with a heated swimming pool and childrens pool.
The complex feels safe and security conscious with a coded front door to enter complex.The Spar Supermarket is just across the road selling everything you may need fresh fruit veg and meat counter.The apartment is ideally located for both the old and new town promenade, with plenty of restaurants only 10 minutes away.Bus route ( also on Spar road) to other resorts Costa Tequise, Playa Blanca also the new Hop On Hop Off sightseeing bus stops close by apartments.
Would love to return to apartment in the future

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
13 Thank PeacehavenWalker
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I got back from another visit from Ocean Lanzamar in which I had stayed a year and a half ago. It was just as good and just as clean. I really love staying there. My friends stayed in another apartment in the complex, so I was able to see what another apartment looked like, considering I stayed in the same apartment again as last time. I much prefer mine so very much. Don't get me wrong, their apartment was very clean and had everything, but mine was so much more comfortable and modern. A few people asked me for the email address of the complex so they could get in contact with someone about booking, but this time I also remembered the apartment I stayed in. I could not remember it last time. Had too much fun.
The email is --- cmcororke@hotmail.com
The apartment number I was in was 210 :-) :-)
I know you will love staying in Ocean Lanzamar, it is a great place..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sunshine365days
Louth
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I am just back from another visit to the Ocean Lanzamar apartments. This time I stayed in November, since my last visit, the pool is now heated by solar energy and has been fitted with safety panels to prevent accidents.
I was fortunate this time to have an apartment on the top floor facing Southwest. What a joy it was, full sun from midday until Sunset. To be honest we spent more time on the balcony then at the pool as our view was amazing. Our apartment was like a little home from home, with a TV, microwave, mutlipurpose oven grill and a double hotplate. it also had an iron and a washing machine.
I really like the Lanzamar apartments because of their security policy in relation to entering and exiting the apartments. A keypad code which is changed on a regular basis.
The Lanzamer are in a fantastic location, close to the old and new town, five mins from the shopping centre and the bus stop is just 2 mins away if you fancy exploring the island.
I am looking forward to my return visit in 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hayzelllady
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I loved Ocean Lanzamar. I think our vacation was even better because we stayed here. The apartment we stayed in was on the second floor and so comfortable. Excellent location and it over looked the pool. It was privately owned we were told. It was all done up and very modern. I really felt like i was at home . It didn't feel like I was in a hotel but in a home. I would highly recommend Ocean Lanzamar.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family