The complex is extremely clean and in a quiet area of Matagorda but not too far from the Promenade, the local shops and bus stop.
The staff are lovely. Apparently, they always dealt through a firm in Ireland who supplied them with all their customers. The firm recently went bankrupt so they are in the process of building up a website and advertising for themselves. We only found it on the internet by default - although you can book it now with booking.com. Of the 32 apartments, there were only 3 occupied. It was like having our own private place ! The handyman was there from early in the morning, sweeping up a few leaves, cleaning the pool and touching up with paint here and there. The whole place was pristine.
We stayed on the top row ( of two levels .) There was a lounge area with bedsettee and a television which you had to put coins in, a kitchen with fridge, kettle, toaster, two halogen rings and a microwave. Some of the apartments have ovens. Ask if you prefer one. The bedroom had two comfy beds. Not many hangers in the wardrobe, take extra if you have a lot of hanging-up clothes. The bathroom had bath with shower over and toilet and washbasin, all spotless. Towels were changed every other day or every day if you leave them in the bath. The balcony had three chairs and table and a glorious sea view. You can watch the planes going past over the sea to the nearby airport ( no noise, though, it's a kilometre away ) There is a sea view too, from the lower level.
Turn left out of the complex to the shops and right to the bus stop on the main road. It's a comfortable stroll along the Prom to Puerto del Carmen. And if you walk the other way, you can walk under the aircraft as they come into land. Keep going this way to Playa Honda, a lovely place, although it is a bit more than a gentle walk. It's even further to carry on to Arrecife but we did it and didn't need oxygen masks althoug we were in need of a sit down and liquid refreshment when we got there.We took the bus back !
You can hire mosquito plug - in things from reception and buy the tablets to go in them from there, too. Make sure they give you the bottom plug and workings of the kettle when you arrive. We searched all over for it to make a brew only to discover that they are kept at reception, probably some kind of security measure.
The staff, Fatima and Lissett are so lovely. Very friendly and helpful. We couldn't have asked for more, and I would reccomend these apartments to anyone who wants a quiet, clean place but not too far from the hustle and bustle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 31 Self-catering apartments: 29 one-bedroom apartments and 2 two-bedroom apartments. Free services for our guests: Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet access in reception, Late check out from apartment if availability, Courtesy room / luggage storage on the departure, Suitcases storage for next holiday here, Print boarding pass, Order a taxi in advance, Modify the dates of stay if the availability and monetary value fits, Free map of island & street map of Puerto del Carmen, Free bottle of water. General: Outdoor pool with sun beds, Library, Snack bar, Pool table, Tourist desk with a lot of useful tips about our island, plenty of activities to book for you: Trekking, Bicycle rental, Fishing, Car hire, Excursions all over the island. Services at extra cost: Self-service laundry, Safety Deposit Box, Fax/photocopying. Apartment Facilities: Air conditioning / heating in the bedroom, Safety Deposit Box (extra cost), Wardrobe, Kitchenette, Refrigerator, Cooker, Microwave, Oven, Electric Kettle, Toaster, Coffee maker, Kitchenware, Bathroom, Hairdryer, Toilet, Bath or Shower, Bidet, Seating Area, Telephone, Radio, Satellite Channels, Flat-screen TV, Sofa, Tiled floor, Wake Up Service, Towels and bed linen, Maid service... This is a small complex run by a Lanzarote's family. Ideal for people who like a quiet and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Apartamentos Villa Canaima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Villa Canaima Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Villa Canaima Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen