We stayed at the El Dorado for one week in January 2012. We paid for one-bedroom apartment but were upgraded to a two-bedroom Bungalow (B3). The apartment itself was very spacious with two bedrooms with terraces towards the “adult” pool area, two bathrooms with showers (one did not have warm water) and bathtub, spacious living/kitchen area with a large terrace towards the “kids” pool area and with a an ocean view. Although the furniture and kitchen area were in good condition, the room itself would have needed renovation. Parts of floor tiles were missing, mirrors were partly broken, there were pieces of wall missing from the corners, etc. In addition, floors were not clean: socks were always full of dust when walking in the room. Furthermore, there was a renovation of the apartment roofs ongoing, and due to this the painters were doing the renovation on and next to our terrace during most of the week distracting our privacy. Despite of these problems, we liked the apartment very much: it provided space to relax both inside and outside with great views to both pool areas and the ocean still having its own privacy due to some palm trees between the apartment and the pools. Furthermore, traffic noise was not a problem with this apartment due to its central location in the hotel plan. I would highly recommend selecting one of these central bungalows, preferably B2, B3 or B4 – especially if you are travelling with children.
The hotel grounds were, as said earlier, well maintained and very beautiful. There was lots of space and free sun loungers in both pool areas. Our kids were the only ones that we saw using the kid’s pool during our whole stay. Pools were heated and cleaned properly. Hotel also had small children’s playground. Entrance to both the streets in front and at the back of the hotel was handy. Although safe, the entrance in the back of the hotel was not very easy to use, especially not when walking with two strollers: you first have to open the first door with the key card, then close it, and then open the next one.
The location of the hotel was perfect: in the border of the old town/harbour and the new town/beach strip and next to the Biosphera shopping centre. In my mind, there are only a few (if none) hotels with better location than this in Puerto del Carmen. There is only a couple of minutes walk to both the old town and to the new beach strip. There are many good restaurants both in the old town/harbour and the beach strip. There are also some good restaurants along the way from the hotel back entrance to the old town (i.e. very close to the hotel). If you like to eat breakfast in a restaurant, please note that the restaurants in the old town do not open until 10.00 – 10.30 am. Some restaurants open at 09.00 at the new beach strip. Before this, you can get breakfast from the Biosphera cafe on the entrance floor (max 2 mins walk from the hotel) which opens at 08.30 am. If you like snorkeling or diving, I’d highly recommend Playa chica, small beach closest to the hotel.
In conclusion: perfect location, spacious rooms with good views, beautiful grounds, would badly need renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos El Dorado are situated in Puerto del Carmen, less than 500 metres from the beach. The complex features well-equipped apartments, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. The El Dorado complex is located in the centre of Puerto del Carmen and 10 minutes' drive from Tias. The apartments are a 20-minute drive from Timanfaya National Park and less than 7km from Lanzarote airport. Facilities at El Dorado include a restaurant serving tapas and international dishes. It also has a cocktail bar and snack bar. Apartments at the El Dorado complex are spacious and have a living room with sofa bed and satellite TV. Kitchens feature an oven, fridge and coffee-maker. Air conditioning, central heating and a safe are available for an extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your LABRANDA El Dorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- El Dorado Puerto Del Carmen
- El Dorado Lanzarote
- LABRANDA El Dorado Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen