“Lovely Setting, Great location”

Apartments Parque Tropical
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Wfd
“Lovely Setting, Great location”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Location: Just two minutes walk up a hill from the main strip area but yet no noise at all, one shop across the road and a cheaper Spar a five minute walk.

Bar & Restaurant: As a coeliac requiring gluten free food I was delighted that Nico's, the on sight restaurant has gluten free pasta, pizza etc and is certified gluten free. They serve gluten free beer as does the pool bar. Staff in bar/restaurant very friendly and prices reasonable.

Complex: The setting is very attractive with flowers & cactus trees. Two pools, one on the upper level suitable for children and the lower pool is much deeper. Very sheltered even when breezy at the beach just down the road. Plenty of sunbeds available although people do leave towels on them.

Apartments: Very comfortable with everything you could need. We requested an upstairs apartment with pool view and that's what we got. Cleaning is excellent and plenty of fresh towels. The beds are slightly uncomfortable even with a mattress topper but not too bad. Overall we were extremely satisfied with our apartment.

Room Tip: Request upstairs appnt with pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WfdSari

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Finnish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good location and friendly staff. We were asked not to throw toilet paper in the toilet but then they could at least clear the paper every day. We had a mouse in the room two nights and the last night was the mouse inside a bag of potato chips. Dont sleep after 4 a clock in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 127Jan
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hi myself and my husband stayed here recently. It was our second visit to Parque Tropical. We got a lovely apartment overlooking the pool and it was lovely and clean. There are a few things we both thought could be improved upon. Firstly, there was a sign over the toilet in the bathroom that said no paper was to be put down the toilet, I don't remember this from the last time we stayed here and it's not ideal!! Secondly, the bath in our apartment definitely needed to be replaced it was very dirty looking, discoloured, stained, and it was very slippery when having a shower, also the seal around the tiles looked very dirty although it was just from wear and tear. Finally, it really annoyed us that so many people put towels on the sunbeds and then disappeared for the day only to arrive back at 5 p.m. and lie on the beds for an hour, very frustrating, but it happens everywhere. We would stay here again as it has lots of positives, it's location is great, the restaurant is really good and the apartments are spacious.

Room Tip: I would suggest a first floor room on far side of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 706bot
Mallow, Ireland
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just back after a week at this complex, it was our 5th time staying here. WE are booked again for return trip in June with extended family, 4 appartments in all. This isone of the best places to stay in Lanzerote, my thanks to Peter and Carol at reception for there best personal attention at all times,also the pool barman who recalled our previous trip. Management could price themselves out of buisness if they up the cost too much from season to season

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryBohan
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We needed a little sun in February and chose a random apartment in Puerto del Carmen ,Lanzarote. I knew the island from 30 (!) years back, but not the hotels. And what luck we had !!! A big apartment , with separate bedroom and a kitchen with all you need if you want to cook your own food. The cleaning service was superb , even the dishes "disappeared" every day. Two swimming pools and a pool bar. We would like to stay here again if we go back to Lanzarote again one day!

Room Tip: I recommend travelers to wish for apartments A , because all the A ´s are on the top floor and have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siri1
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel could be so much better.
I contacted the hotel for a room upstairs in advance. I didn't get though they told me they would solve it a couple of days after we arrived. The communication with the reception was poor with tired staff.

I had to pay for TV, I had to pay for worthless wifi connection. Though I payed for it I couldn't use the wifi on 2 devices at the same time.

When we arrived to our room, practically in the basement the room was quite nice and tidy. BUT, after 5 minutes I heard my mom screaming from the kitchen. A tiny mouse ran over the kitchen floor. Not so tidy after all...

Along came a janitor and spray killed the mouse under the sink. So, the next guests after us will probably feel the smell of dead mouse.

The only thing that was really good was the cleaning service. Very nice.

If they improve and listen to their customers they could become a good hotel...

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was my 3rd return to this complex. I booked direct with the apartments(no agent), was travelling with 3 friends to celebrate my birthday. Having been here before I requested an apartment in a specific block due to noise levels and not wanting a ground floor, however on arrival was giving the worst apartment possible, basement, on the road side next to the night gate and the cleaners room..... I did advise that I was very unhappy with this as had requested months in advance a specific room location, Peter the guy on reception was apologetic and on reading previous views I can see possibly the reason I was not given the requested room, due to issues with the Apartments owners.

All of the above besides these are fantastic apartments, pool was great, no race for sunbeds however still the same reserving taking place and then the beds not being used. Apartments clean, towels changed 3 times in the week with everything you could need for self catering.

Apartments are 2 min walk from the strip and centro atlantico along the side road. We had another fantastic time here and will definitely return.

I would recommend these to anyone my only issue with the basement rooms is there is absolutely no ventilation, you can't leave the window / door open for safety reasons and therefore the entire room is damp always, our clothes where damp, the bedding was damp, even our boarding passes where wet!

Pros - Central, clean, friendly staff, supermarket across the road,

Cons - basement room , dampness, noise level

Room Tip: Specify no basement
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends