“Thrown Into The Deep Blue Sea, TERRIBLE”

Apartamentos Kontiki Club
Ranked #73 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Firstly if your even thinking about staying here read this before you make a booking!

The Kontiki has just ruined my complete holiday!

We arrived at 10pm at night to a very unhappy receptionist.

She says and I quote ' The hotel is over booked but you can stay at our 4* hotel just up the road'

By this time alarm bells are ring, we kindly say no thanks this is where we have booked, we want to stay here (Other family members had already arrived and checked in).

The rude receptionist was having none of it, and I quote ' Go to this hotel tonight and I will sort this out in the morning'

Due to the time of night and the conversation going nowhere we gave in.

So we were whisked away to the posh UPGRADED 4* hotel.

Guess what it was a complete dump!! Miles away from the previous hotel we booked!! It looked more like a Spanish hostel cross Butlins hoilday camp.

Children were running around everywhere, Swearing at each other, it was truly the pits and certainly not a 4* property as promised!!

So we rang back the next day complaing again ' Ring me back later on in the day'

We were constantly fobbed off, anway after numerous telephone calls we were moved to a hotel much closer bit this was not what we booked.

My family flew in from the Midlands and booked the Kontiki, so we were separated all hoilday.

The thing that really annoys me is the hotel just did not care or show a sympathy!

I shall never return here as the customer service is non existant, and manners from the staff are just laughable.

Trust me stay away, there are much nicer and less noiser places to stay.

**********************************AVOID**********************************

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carabut2
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear guests,

We thank you for your feedback, and we are very sorry about the inconvenience; we regret that your holiday experience was not the one you expected.

Best wishes.

Customer Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Kontiki Club

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed in room 202 from 29th November for 10 nights and I have to say I was very happy with our stay here.

We travelled as a young couple looking for a nice relaxing break which is exactly what we got.
The apartment was spotless, it was cleaned every second day and we got fresh bed sheets every 4th day.

The view from our balcony was looking onto the lovely pool area, we were also very near to the pool bar which I have to say contrary to another review I read was not noisy at all!

I found all of the reception staff very friendly and helpful.

Location could not have been any better, shops, restaurants, bars and a fabulous beach all located at the foot of the hill.

I would have no problem returning to the Kontiki, we thought it was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura K
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear customers,

We are grateful for your feedback and observations, and specially happy because you had a relaxing, lovely holiday.

We are glad to know that you are returning to this complex of Puerto del Carmen.

Best wishes,

Cutomer Relations Manager for Lanzarote

Reviewed 15 December 2013

just back from this place, had money stolen by the staff from my wallet, and my wifes purse by the staff !!!! on our last afternoon popped out to read the paper, double locked all doors ! was gone 1 hr only. the maid came in made the beds, strange considering we were off home that night ! pulled the curtains so they could not be seen and went through our belongings ! the manager did not want to know and ran away when confronted ! he was useless !!!!! will not be staying with these thieves again !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank acefixer
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear guests,

We are very sorry about any inconvenience. We have read your review with the utmost attention, and we are investigating your case with the relevant departments.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

First of all...the good points. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The location is stunning and the views from the hotel are some of the best I have ever seen. The food is good and the prices I thought were reasonable. The hotel is right next to the shops and restaurants and this has to be one of the best resorts I have been to. It has everything. However the downsides to this hotel is that it could get very noisy at night (maybe not the hotel's fault) but it was very hard to sleep. The beds were incredibly hard and uncomfortable. The pool is supposed to be heated but it was FREEZING. It it was heated, it wasn't by much! Hardly anyone used it. The apartments were a very good price so it was ok for a short trip but I wouldn't go there again. A heated pool is always top of my list of priorities and I was disappointed by that the pool was so cold.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room...the view is phenomenal
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandwellman
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear customers,

Many thanks for expressing your feedback and remarks about your holiday amongst us, and we are happy to know that you liked the location and the resort.

Customer Relations Manger for Lanzarote

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We paid for a sea view apartment for Mid-November- (Mid November in Lanzarote is extremely comfortable - a little pleasant chilliness at the early hours and during the day, a 22-25 degree heat which allows you to put on your summer wear and maybe even dip in the ocean, if it's warm enough.)

1.The rooms had basic but presentable, modern furniture. The bathroom needed some upgrade but it had all the facilities and was cleaned (like the rest of the apartment) one time yes and one time no - we were always left with enough towels and enough bathroom paper.

2. A big thumbs up for the staff- all the receptionists were multilingual and extremely helpful. The outdoor pool-area cleaning guys have really high standards of cleanliness. Also the attendant who cleaned our room, was extremely sweet, discreet and helpful

3. The price we paid was unbelievably economical - we paid 150 euro each for 10 nights for 3 pax - the room was seafront - excellent view, lovely breeze, with palm trees just above our heads

4. Relaxing /lounge area free for all to enjoy, with deckchairs and outdoor beds, were you can sip some nice cocktails or just read a book, with an unobstructed sea view.

5. Location couldnt be more excellent. few minutes walking distance from bus stops / bank atms's ... and it s in the heart of the very touristic part of Puerto Del Carmen

Thanks for the experience

Lara Calleja
Room 208

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lara C
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear guest,

We are really happy to know that you had a pleasant, well-deserved holiday, and we wish to welcome you at our complex anew.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Having done all inclusive for 16 years and not staying anywhere less than 4 star for a long time I was a little aprehensive as to what to expect! Well I need not have worried! The apartment setting and location is perfect. It is very peaceful and the extensive views over the sea , along the beach, across to fuertevenura from the chill out area where you can sunbathe or just chill, totally spoil you. You normally have to pay premium for views like that but not here at Kontiki. You are 2 minutes from the beach and yes there is a step hill! But to be honest, don't be put off! I am the most unfit and laziest person and it only takes a minute to walk up. Even then you can take a short cut through the complex through a set of gates halfway up or if you prefer to avoid, there is another road next to Oriental world that is less steep and takes you past 2 well stocked spar shops, we call it roller coaster road as it goes up and down. The hotel accommodation is large, spacious, very clean and all you need. There is a bar serving food and drinks all day if you don't want to venture out but with so many good value bars and restaurants on your doorstop it would be a shame not to enjoy at least some of them! Staff are friendly and always on hand if need be. Absolutely fantastic value in a great location. I would definitely return again!

Room Tip: Looking for a view at a cheap price? This is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank selinacc
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed for a week in October. There were some positives about this hotel such as it's in a great location for easy access to the strip, beach and old town. The apartments are large and ours opened out onto the pool. The pool and sun terrace were beautifully landscaped. The pool bar had a great range of drinks, nice food and friendly staff. However the negatives by far outweighed the positives. Most of the apartments had been redecorated but ours had not, it was tired and shabby. You were expected to pay the same despite your room not being of the same standard. The pool area did not open until 10am which was useless for an early riser like myself. You couldn't even sunbath before this time as the sunbeds were chained up! The beautiful sun terrace was closed and locked up before the sunset, which seemed a bit pointless. The pool is not heated as advertised and there is no air conditioning. You had to pay extra for everything, wifi, safe, tv, kettle, and toaster. By which time you were now down at least 50 euros (some of which is returned at the end of your stay). On check out day we had been told we could probably get a late check out (for an extra fee of course) as we had an evening flight home. However on the day we were told this was not possible due to the hotel being very busy and all the guests arriving early. I found it hard to believe there was nothing they could do considering the room next to ours had been empty all week however we accepted this. We enquired about luggage storage and showers to be told the luggage was left just inside the front door where anyone could steal it and there were no showering facilities. We spent the day in the hot sun by our old room, the cleaners did not appear to clean it until 15.30!!!! I was so angry that we had been forced to check out at 11am despite me being pregnant. To sum up I feel the staff were very unfriendly, unhelpful and at times rude( with the exception of the bar staff who were great) and you felt as if you were there to fit in with their timetable not that they were there to meet the needs of the customer. I advise people to avoid this hotel, such a shame as the place has such potential.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here request a room which has been redecorated and opens onto the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire h
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear guests,

Thanks for your participation, thus contributing to the service betterment.

We apologise for the inconvenience you might have encountered, and we are very grateful to you for having visited us.