We are currently at these apartments and it is the fourth year that we have stayed here. However, having watched the standards deteriorate over the last few years from the complimentary wine and fruit welcome basket being replaced with a bottle of water to the surcharge of a euro to change your pool towels I eventually encountered an incident which even my loyalty to the truly lovely staff couldn't let me not mention.
Last night we had a bad outbreak of cockroaches in our apartment. This had happen ended two nights ago also but having lived in Australia for many years I kind of thought that I could survive a few cockies. However last night I fly I was losing the war against them and my seven year old son Was massively freaked out and refused to go back to bed or indeed to go back In to the apartment. So we went to reception and asked to be moved to another room (my son Was in his pyjamas). The receptionist wasn't hugely helpful and insisted that there were no free rooms. I explained that my son wouldn't sleep in the apartment with the roaches and he said the hotel was full. Eventually he agreed to ring the manager. She didn't answer but after a few minutes she rang him back. He turned to me and told me that if we moved quickly we could have another room. I didn't really understand the rush , was annoyed that there was a free room after all but he had told me there wasn't but returned to our room to pack. A maid appeared within seconds, initially I thought she was here to help us pack but she started cleaning the room. A maintenance man appeared with keys for the new room and we went into a much smaller room. It was only when I saw people arriving with suitcases that I realised what had happened. One of the rooms prepared for the new people had been hastily re-arranged for us and they had moved some unsuspecting family into our old room with the cockroaches! I rang reception and asked to speak to the manager. That was last night and I was reassured that my request was in the book. Nothing has happened though we have been here all day waiting for an explanation and so for the first time in my life I am on trip advisor telling people to not come to the apartments that I have spent four years defending. Shame on you Fariones apartments for moving people who have spent hard cash into a cockroach ridden apartment. We will NEVER stay here again. Disgusting place, disgusting ethics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments Fariones are 200 metres from the “Playa Grande” in Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. The 138 apartments, which are fully equipped for maximum comfort, are surrounded by pleasant gardens. Employees provide a warm, personal service and they aim to make guests feel welcome in surroundings which respect the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Apartamentos Fariones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Fariones Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen