“fab”

Apartamentos Fariones
Ranked #12 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 14 July 2014

fab appartments spotless very friendly and helpful staff buffet breakfast beautiful rooms spotless and cleaned every day fresh towels every day fab pool area only downside people putting towels out on loungers to claim them early but apart from that would def recommend them 10/10

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bronagh72

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just back from a brilliant holiday in Fariones Apartments. The apartment was nice, pool was great and we especially liked the rooftop terrace. We ate breakfast a few times and it was always very nice, even glasses of Cava! Throughout the fortnight we were there the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. The apartment was cleaned every day and we got fresh towels whenever we wanted. Location is fab, half way between old and new town, close to the beach and the Biosfera shopping centre. The only bad thing was the lack of loungers and parasols around the pool - actually there were enough, but other people put towels on them early in the morning and then didn't use them. We had a one year old with us so needed a parasol to keep her in the shade. This meant we had to set an alarm to get up and 'reserve' loungers - not very relaxing on holidays. I know the hotel probably don't want to annoy anyone by removing towels, but they need to be stricter on this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank majellica
apfariones, Gerente at Apartamentos Fariones, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments which I will transmit to my team at the Fariones Apartments. It’s true our breakfast is of a good quality with natural orange juice, a variety of cold meats, fruit and cava.

The situation with regards to the sunbeds is something we are working on, and our maintenance staff will remove towels in the morning if they are on the beds more than half an hour without being used. This way people will not have to wake up early to obtain them

I reiterate my gratitude to you for your comments which help us to improve our service

Yours sincerely,
Nélida Rosa
Apartamentos Fariones Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We are currently at these apartments and it is the fourth year that we have stayed here. However, having watched the standards deteriorate over the last few years from the complimentary wine and fruit welcome basket being replaced with a bottle of water to the surcharge of a euro to change your pool towels I eventually encountered an incident which even my loyalty to the truly lovely staff couldn't let me not mention.
Last night we had a bad outbreak of cockroaches in our apartment. This had happen ended two nights ago also but having lived in Australia for many years I kind of thought that I could survive a few cockies. However last night I fly I was losing the war against them and my seven year old son Was massively freaked out and refused to go back to bed or indeed to go back In to the apartment. So we went to reception and asked to be moved to another room (my son Was in his pyjamas). The receptionist wasn't hugely helpful and insisted that there were no free rooms. I explained that my son wouldn't sleep in the apartment with the roaches and he said the hotel was full. Eventually he agreed to ring the manager. She didn't answer but after a few minutes she rang him back. He turned to me and told me that if we moved quickly we could have another room. I didn't really understand the rush , was annoyed that there was a free room after all but he had told me there wasn't but returned to our room to pack. A maid appeared within seconds, initially I thought she was here to help us pack but she started cleaning the room. A maintenance man appeared with keys for the new room and we went into a much smaller room. It was only when I saw people arriving with suitcases that I realised what had happened. One of the rooms prepared for the new people had been hastily re-arranged for us and they had moved some unsuspecting family into our old room with the cockroaches! I rang reception and asked to speak to the manager. That was last night and I was reassured that my request was in the book. Nothing has happened though we have been here all day waiting for an explanation and so for the first time in my life I am on trip advisor telling people to not come to the apartments that I have spent four years defending. Shame on you Fariones apartments for moving people who have spent hard cash into a cockroach ridden apartment. We will NEVER stay here again. Disgusting place, disgusting ethics.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Thebevster333
apfariones, Gerente at Apartamentos Fariones, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

I am very sorry for your discomfort and we hope you can enjoy the rest of your stay

We do indeed put as courtesy in all of the rooms a bottle of water on arrival.

The Fariones Apartments has an environmental certificate ISO 14001 which tries to minimize the excessive use of washing pool towels which was occurring before. For this reason we have introduced a charge of only 1€ if a client wishes to change their towel but pool towels are still offered initially free of charge. This has reduced the water consumption and the use of chemical products.

With regards to the cockroach I am extremely sorry about this as I stated to you on the telephone. It is true that we did have a 100% occupation rate this day and there was only one apartment left to arrive so this was the reason why we needed to change your room quickly. The fore mentioned room was then cleaned thoroughly before being occupied and the new clients did not experience any problems. We use an external company that provides us with a preventative plan for these issues so I am sorry that they have failed on this occasion. We have changed their protocol so that this does not happen again.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies again and appreciate your comments which will help us to improve in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Nélida Rosa
Manager Apartamentos Fariones

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in fationes apartment for a week in july .the apartments were excellent .cleaned everyday. The staff were very helpful and friendly .the pool area was in excellent condition. The breakfast was good.would go back oon a hearth beat

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at these apartments June'14, The apartments are kept spotless, cleaned every day and towels changed daily if required. Pool, sun deck and surrounding areas are all kept very clean. Sunbeds are kept by towels put on them early morning by other travellers which is a shame but you can sometimes get a bed on the top sun deck in the afternoon . Buffet breakfast is good. Apartments are quite at night, occasionally you can hear noises from above apartments coming through the vent for the cooking rings in the kitchen .Location you are very close to bars,restaurants, beach and shops

Room Tip: higher floors facing the sea are good,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a great holiday in Lanzarote with my husband, my daughter and her friend. We stayed at the Fariones apartments which were very nice and also very clean. A lot of the staff cannot speak english and this makes things a little difficult. The pool area and sunbathing deck is very nice and there are plenty of sunbeds for everybody. The pool itself however is very cold and not heated as mentioned in the Booking.com description, also the pool closes at 6.00pm which is too early as the sun is still very strong at this time of day and it's nice to be able have a swim if you have been out cycling or walking.The location is excellent as they are right in the centre of both the old town and the strip. The breakfast is nice but could be pushed out until 11.00am to allow people who work all year round have a lie in whilst on holidays. The only other negative is that we had a ground floor apartment and could hear every word and move made in the apartment above us.
There are plenty of really nice restaurants all within easy walking distance of the apartments.
I think the apartments are really nice but nothing special for the money they are charging.

Room Tip: We requested a seaview room but did not get one. We were in a ground floor apartment near the front...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jackson64
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We returned to Fariones Apartments for a holiday last week. It had been four years since our last visit. The apartments are very clean, good facilities and the breakfast is very good too! The lady on reception was very efficient and offered an alternative apartment from our first allocation to one which had air conditioning (lovely!). The only complaint we would have is the pool side wasn't cleaned down each evening as there was food debris left around and the ants had a field day!!! Also smoking was a problem around the pool and immediately around the entrance to the cafe. If smoking wast permitted within these areas, it would have made our stay a lot better. Thanks to all the staff and management for a lovely holiday xx

Room Tip: Second and third storey rooms give an excellent view (but no AC)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple