“Not the best holiday!”

Ereza Apartamentos Los Hibiscos
Ranked #54 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My family and I had a two week stay here during the middle of August. The apartments are well kept, clean and very spacious. The bedroom is facing the corridor and has large windows that do open but as I say this is onto the corridor and with NO air con you suffer with the heat. I only slept through the night twice during our stay and that was either being just too hot or noise from outside.

Restaurant is okay, food is good quality but not much variety (I am a fussy eater but always found something to eat) Drinks are also available, just help yourself.

Pool bar is okay, drinks are generous (even had to dilute my G&T it was so strong), downside was that there is normally only 1 member of staff, so waiting times varied - 20 mins was our longest!

Pool - read other reviews and do the maths.... 142 apartments and around 50 beds!!!! Apparently the number of sunbeds is down to health and safety but I can not see how they can extend the area to improve this.

Beach is lovely and a few minutes walk from the hotel, watch out for the fishes (they don't bite) and take some bread from the restaurant and feed them (kept my kids entertained for ages). Very worthwhile getting yourself a snorkel.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants along the strip to keep you entertained in the evening, there is NO entertainment in the hotel!

Lastly should you want to do a trip whilst there, would highly recommend the Volcano one, book this through an agent (plenty along the strip). DO NOT go by car, the cars queuing to get in where waiting at least 3 hours to get to the car park, the coach drives straight in. Plus you get to see more as it takes you through an area that cars are not allowed.

Would I return? Yes to Lanzarote no to Los Hibiscos.

2  Thank Debs D

Reviewed 30 August 2012

First things first - I would like to point out that neither myself nor my partner are complainers or snobs but I really feel compelled to share our experience of this hotel so that others do not go through what we did.

Upon arrival we were greated by a helpful man in reception and given our room keys. The room itself was lovely and clean and the lounge had a balcony with a great sea view. The bathroom was basic but again nice and clean and our room was small but clean........ thats where the good bit ends.

Now for the things that made us change hotels after 4 nights.......................

1. No aircon in the rooms (which we were not told about when booking with Thomas Cook)
2. Our bedroom window faced onto the coridoor which everyone walked past to get to there rooms further down the block
3. The All Inclusive restaurant looked like a cafeteria in a prison so was not a place to 'dress up' for the evening and have a nice meal
4. The one and only bar was the pool bar which again was like a cafeteria with plastic tables and chairs
5. We counted 50 sun beds for a hotel which as 146 apartments
6. The pool and pool area was too small to accomodate the amount of people there
7. You had to queue from 9:00am to get a sunbed (pool opened at 10am)
8. On the 4th night we had screaming kids and idiots banging on our bedroom windows at 2-3 o'clock in the morning

Needless to say we packed up our things and moved to another hotel and began to enjoy our holiday.

If you are going to stay here then the only thing I would suggest apart from DONT is to only go B&B or half board - the all inclusive is simply not worth it - there are fair nicer places to go and eat in the evenings on the strip wher you can dress up and have a good evening

3  Thank luv2travel7273
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We recently stayed at Los Hibiscos, after reading some of the reviews here we were a little sceptical. We booked "all inclusive" (our first experience of all inclusive). I would describe the hotel as full board rather than all inclusive, the food is served in sittings rather than available all day as advertised and it can be a bit ropey, there were times we only discovered what we were eating after we saw the same food in nearby supermarkets (out of a possible 20 sittings for lunch and evening meals we only ate six times), breakfast is ok, so long as you're ok with fried food every morning!

The bar closes at 11 every night, there are quite a few bars nearby but if you're paying for all inclusive I would expect to get a beer after 11 at night!!

3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 29 August 2012

the apartamentos where excellent. not one bad thing to say about them. very close to the beach which was very nice.the staff where very friendly, the pool bar was very nice, nice view from the balcony at the sea. we are comeing staying there again this year, for a week cant wait. love kerry and adrian x see yhuu soon

Room Tip: looking over the sea
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian O
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Went with a group of 30 people..very much enjoyed the apartments.Close to the beach and promenade..great places for food along promenade also.Supermarket across the road from apartments as well which is handy.Rooms were clean,neat,tidy and quite spacious.Never too far away from bars restaurants and nightlife..all in all a great holiday at los hisbiscos!! :D

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Blaino316
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Iv just returned from a great holiday. My boyfriend and I really didn't know what we were going to get from a 3 star as we are used to staying in 4 and 5 stars so we were very pleasantly surprised.. Rooms were very clean as maid was in every day we were there( 9 days ) .. Food wasn't bad but a bit samey.Breakfast was the best... . We ate out 4 times as its very cheap and loads of restaurants to choose from..
The beach was a stones through from us so as we like the beach we went most days but pool was ok also.. Only downside is they never opened the gates to the pool area till 10 o clock and if your not prepared to que up then u will get no lounger.. This place needs more room around pool area as ther is not enought by far for everyone that's there..
I would definatly go back but will go bed and breakfast.,

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed in Los HIbiscos from 12/8/12-19/8/12. First I will start with the negatives. My biggest bugbear was queueing at the steps leading to the pool from 8.45am till 10.00am If you are like me and my hubby who love sunbathing by the pool all day then you will have to queue. There are only 60 sunbeds and 300 guests so it is a must to be up early for a sunbed. Once I got a sunbed I started to relax a bit, the next negative the pool bar doesnt open until 11.00am so had to go to restaurant for soft drinks to take to the pool from 10.00am and the restaurant manager wasnt happy. Although I was informed when booking there was no entertainment I thought to myself oh well it doesnt matter cos its all rubbish anyway but when you are sitting in a bar at night on holiday and there is not even background music and most tables are playing cards to keep themselves amused then I would have welcomed the rubbish entertainment - at least it would have been something to watch. On the plus side the apartments were spotless and spacious, the new manangement are doing a great job. The food was actually fine, although it is so cheap to eat out at the many restaurants 2 minutes away from apartments that we didnt mind eating out at night even though we were all inclusive. We went for a sunny and chill out holiday and apart from the morning queing this is what we got, so would recommend if you are not looking for too much going on and also the price was excellent so cant complain too much. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: We were in block C which got the sun from about 11.00am all night so was a good room. Some of the ro...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple