“rubbish”

Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“rubbish”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have just spent 3 weeks here. I think it must be the worst holiday i have ever had.The food was terrible unless you like chips 3 times a day.There was only one noisy bar with plastic beakers no lounge to relax in to get away from the noise.There was no security the bar closed at 11pm with people bringing there own drinks in and singing and shouting till the early hours. The maid did not know how to make a bed or clean the room properly every 2 days There was no ashtrays provided so everone used the beakers that they had been drinking out of for dimps .These and the tables were not cleared or cleaned untill 8-30 in the morning. mike

Room Tip: go elswhere
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank michael w
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
I am grateful for your participation by means of the expression of your observations and experience.

I am pleased to inform you that there is a lounge at the reception area (downstairs).

All your viewpoints shall be taken into account and examined.

Again many thanks and best regards.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
neath
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend where very impressed with this place. We had fab room very clean. Lovely food, friendly staff. Drinks good to very strong as no measures used so beware lol. Cant wait to go back after Christmas x

1 Thank floppywoppytoppy
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have just got back from a 10 day and although I can recommend Lanzarote the hotel was terrible. The food was just disgusting no other way to explain it. We lasted 2 days and then refused to eat lunch and dinner in the restaurant. Breakfast was just edible so we just went out for our other meals,anyone we spoke to never had a good word to say about the food,the own brand drinks were not much better. It is a low cost budget hotel but there is no excuse for serving the slop they put out .The pool are was not very clean always waiting for the sunbeds. The rooms were dreadful peeling paint, beds that were hard as rocks and the lights kept tripping out,to make sure they changed the bedding i had to strip it myself and leave sheets in bath and then they were dirty looking. Puerto Del Carmen is lovely particularly round the port just don't stay in this dreadful excuse for a hotel.All i can say is we found some great places to eat,but we exceed our budget,and the Excuse hotel Manager did not care and the staff were not friendly either!!!! We will be going back as we have been recommended of better places to stay, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO NO ONE !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Donna201350
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear guest,

I appreciate both good and bad opinions, and I would like to say that I intuit you did not speak to the clients who like our food, as most clients enjoy it (we present many different dishes you can choose from). In fact, you assert you spoke to me about the food, and that is strange because no client has complained to me. Yet we regret that your holiday was not as expected.

I am very glad to know that Lanzarote has pleased you.

Many thanks again for your contribution and best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My family stopped at this hotel from the 18\10 for the week ,when we arrived we were given 2 ground floor apartments ( 153 and 154).I had also read the previous reviews prior to arriving stating a burglary had happened there in one of the apartments anyway as I checked our room out (153) I noticed there was no lock on the bedroom window (it had been removed and a small lock screwed to the bottom of the frame which didn't stop the window from being pushed inwards}.I went down reception and told Sergio that I wasn't happy about it and had read the reviews, he said there hadn't been a burglary there in all the time he has been there,then said he would send the maintenance man down .I sat in the room for 20 minutes waiting .My wife went to reception and stated why should we hire a room safe then have to sit in a room waiting on our holiday to get a window lock fixed (obviously been badly botched before) which should have been fixed before we arrived, anyway after a few exchanges of views we got offered a 2 bed apartment above the dining room which we accepted.This wasn't the best start to the week ,we went for a drink at the pool which has to be said was clean and the bar area was looked after.the dinner\lunch food did get a bit mundane and same y for the first few days but in fairness it wasn't to my taste and you cant cater for everyone.The breakfast was good ,a very nice selection of food,as the week went on the food got better ,it was always cooked properly. The entertainment man LIAM did an excellent job and was a quality guy.I would also like to say what a good job the other staff do as I noticed they put in long hours (cheers). The weeks holiday wasn't too bad in the end ,we went home chilled out what more can you ask, I know the hotel is trying to improve and the manager sometimes replies to reviews so if I was to offer tips for improvement they would be get some new table tennis bats and new balls ,look into getting new beds and some newer\modern bed linen,refurbish the dining room as the floor tiles are cracked and if you could air con in the rooms. also do a few more curries , paellas and if you could put something in the pasta sauces as there really boring .
The hotel was 15 minutes walk down to the beach and shops ,it is not ideal to walk if you have mobility issues but the taxis are cheap 3\5 euros depends if you get a taxi driver(most were miserable gits) that takes the longer way back then develops the no understanda when asked.I also found that the some of the shop assistants changed there friendly attitude towards you if you dithered about buying something off them (i had this happen twice and so did a couple of other people at the hotel) so don't feel pressured just leave it ,they will tell you it fits even if its too tight. There is a lot of british and irish people in the hotel and around the island.

Room Tip: dont get room 146\147 over the dining area as the air con systems very noisy, the rooms above the po...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank patsy w
Many, many thanks for your review and your suggestions about the food: in fact, just after reading your review I spoke to the chef to introduce your recommendations from today. As I always say in my answers, I appreciate suggestions and participation.

About the rest of the recommendations, you can rest assured that I will take them into consideration.

I am very pleased to know that you had a nice holiday and you enjoyed entertainment.

Best regards.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We only paid £330 each in the school holiday. The food was basic but could always find something to eat. Rooms were ok for a 3 star.
Would go back for same sort of price.
Beach was about 15 min walk down a hill taxi up the hill was 2.5 euros.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I saw the Blue Sea Los Fiscos online and booked through Blue Sea Holidays, who I will NEVER use again. The advisor gave me a price and details of the stay saying that I was all inclusive, which included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, all drinks and bar snacks between 11-1 and 3-6.
I confirmed the booking and was then told that I would have to pay an additional charge to get a decent room !! I told the advisor that the additional charges had not been mentioned previously and I wished to cancel. He told me that as the flight had been booked I could not cancel.
I called back the day after to cancel as being mis sold, but again I was told I could not as flight was booked, they did however admit the advisor was 'naughty' and refunded the additional cost.

We arrived at the hotel at approximately mid day and was told that we could not get into the room until 2pm, we were given wrist bands and told we could use the bar and we could take lunch at 1pm.

We went to the bar (located at the side of the pool) and I ordered a beer and a wine, they both came in plastic cups and in equal measures !!

When we finally got to the room, which was on the lower level, we found the size more than adequate for two people. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living/dining area which included a two ring cooker, sink and fridge.

The cleaning standard however was virtually non existent!!
during the eleven night stay the towels and bed linen were changed only once , and this was only when I complained.
The cleaner turned up at 4pm one day with mop & bucket etc , so we sat outside allowing her to get on, she straightened the bed and left. At no time during our stay was the floor swept or mopped !!

Food was basic and very repetitive, on one occasion frankfurters were served at lunch, Dinner included a frankfurter casserole and the day after a frankfurter omelette !!

With regard to bar snacks, this was a cold sandwich (ham and cheese) the presentation was like a three year old had wrapped the cling film !!!

The 'entertainment' took place at the pool bar nightly and consisted of a picture quiz/bingo/karaoke and part games. Liam tried hard but lacked charisma.

There are a lot of stairs at the hotel and no way of avoiding them between bar and dining area.

The hotel is set back near the old town and it is a 10/15 minute walk to town (25 min walk to 'the strip' or beach.
The walk down is quite steep and we usually used the taxi to come back (these are quite cheap)

All in all we were disappointed with the hotel and would not use again.

On the day of departure we had to take the suitcases to the end of the road for pick up (NOT RECEPTION)
Pick up time was 7-45am, as it was an early pick up we asked if it would be possible to get any breakfast or a coffee, but were told no as the kitchen did not open til 8 am (NOT EVEN A COFFEE!!!}

Additional costs
Safe jn room = 20 euros a week
TV = 4-50 euros a day / 20 a week
Wi Fi = 3 euros 3 hours ( or can be purchased daily/weekly} most bars in town have free
Wi-Fi

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Johnmoz36
Dear customer,

Many thanks for your contribution by expressing your opinions and viewpoints.

As to the towel change, there is a sign in the bathroom indicating that towels are to be placed in the bathtub to be changed; nonetheless (although you do not place them there) we change them every time we see them wet on the cleaning days, which are every two days. On the other hand, snacks are not only ham and cheese, there is a variety of cold meats.

Thanks again and best regards.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The previous bad reviews on this hotel were of concern to us but we found nothing to complain about! We spent a lovely week here, the rooms were fine (apart from the rather hard beds), the food was good & plentiful with a great selection to suit all tastes. Yes, the drinks were served in plastic cups but as the bar was by the pool area, glass would not be a good idea from a safety point of view. I have not written a holiday review before (despite dozens of holidays abroad) but felt I had to this time as the hotel does not warrant such bad reviews as have been given. If you want a 5 star holiday, then pay a 5 star price & go elsewhere.

5 Thank Jackie631
#28 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Apartamentos Barcarola Club
Apartamentos Barcarola Club
#9 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!