“Very Poor”

Blue Sea Los Fiscos
Ranked #80 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my partner stayed there for 11 days on an all inclusive and we ate there three three times, it was awful.what a waste of money the food was repetitive and bland and the bar served your drinks in plastic vending cups, the room had sockets hanging off the walls and you had to pay for the tv. Never again will we stay there beware.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with this one
5  Thank Georniki
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Much-esteemed clients,

Thanks for your participation and for having narrated your experience. I am sorry about the socket hanging off the wall, which is something unforeseeable.

Regarding the plastic cups, only plastic can be used at pool areas, that is a general safety rule.

Best regards from Puerto del Carmen.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

we have just returned November 2013 from a 7 night stay at los fiscos lanzarote,first of all the good points about the hotel.
good point number 1 its in a hot country,good point number two the menu is very easy to remember because its boiled fish chips and rice every day twice a day for the whole week,
and now the bad points,the hotel is very badly in need of a overhaul,the paint is peeling the electrics are from the 60s,on our 1st night we had no electric 5th 6th night no hot water, we only use hotels as a base so we can explore the country,but under no circumstances book all inclusive at the hotel unless you like boil fish chips and rice every night,we booked half board and threw the towel in after 3 meals of you guessed it boiled fish chips and rice and took off to the nearest steak house,as i said ealier we only use hotels as a base so would we use los fiscos again,not in a million years

Room Tip: book into another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gary t
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am very grateful for your observations and explanations. I wish to add to your comments that we do not know the menu that you have mentioned (three times), but the one I have specified in my previous answer.

Many thanks again for your participation, and I send you my best wishes.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I travelled to Lanzarote on the 4th of October and stayed in the Blue Sea Los Fiscos for 6 of our 7 seven nights...
On arrival the hotel seemed nice, clean and basic. Check in took some time, we were to recieve a large room however, there were plumbing issues so we were given a small room and because of the hassle a free safe or if we wanted to switch the next day we could, a fair service from the offset.
The small room was not ideal as there was no access to a balcony/terrace with sunlight, it was basic but at least it was cleaned regularly.
Food and drinks were ok, before arrving we decided to eat out for dinner as we heard the Lanzarote restaurants were great, which they were. Breakfast was good, lunch was hit or miss but expected at the budget price we paid for all inclusive.
The pool was a decent size and depth, the only reason for dirt, I believe, is smokers using cups for ash trays and not binning them so ash goes everywhere.
The location is closer to the harbour down very large steep hills which could be a nightmare going up in the heat during the day.
Our main problem was when our room (no. 157) flooded on two occasions. The 1st time it was dealt with and cleaned, the 2nd time however sewage/blockages came up and into the room where we slept. This happened to our two neighbours either side also, it was unliveable so we were given another Blue Sea hotel to stay in for the night. The reception staff dealt with the problem well and politely, I did find it weird there was no manager or duty manager on shift.
The manager the next day offered us a free safe as compensation, which we already had, she then offered us all inclusive, we already had that too... My boyfriend asked for a new room and although we got it she seemed sceptical to change it. Although this was our only occassion dealing with managent (Lola Bueno) she did not seem to have the same customer service skills as her other staff. She didn't seem to care at all, she dealt with the issue briefly in 2 minutes, followed by a sarcastic "I'm sorry".
All in all we don't let little things ruin our trips and we have never complained anywhere before.
It was a great holiday and although the plumbing was an issue you can't fully blame the hotel. Its basic and clean, but we would book elsewhere next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank hcorri1390
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel beginning of October. We found all the staff very friendly. Had a fantastic time in Lanzarote. The only problem was the food, which everyone complained about. The staff seemed to have a repetitive approach by saying ' that's your opinion' which I have seen several times times on this site. I would like to hear a proper explanation from the Manager, to stop leaving the staff answering all the questions. I and my partner will stay here again, but will eat in the local pub again, I am sure this will delight the Manager.

3  Thank mary19775

Thanks for such an interesting review! I am very pleased to give you a proper explanation -as per your wishes- by writing a brief summary of the menu contents:

- Meat: duck, turkey, chicken, rabbit, pork, beef
- Fish: Salmon, hake, panga, fogonero, sole, cod, squids
- Shellfish: mussels, clams, crayfish
- Legumes
- Vegetables
- Stews
- Soups
- Pastas and lasagnes
- Sauces
- Assorted desserts (fresh fruit, ice creams, sweets...)
- And many more dishes

I would please request you to send me your suggestions to the hotel email, and I will be delighted to study your proposals.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just got back from 10 days holiday and wasnt really sure what we were going to find as I made the mistake of looking at tripadvisior the day before we left and seen some terrible reviews since I had last looked when booking holiday.

However upon arrival the reception was bright and clean and helpful staff helped to reassure me.

The room we were allocated was very clean and bright with a very large lounge area, bedroom and a decent bathroom.

Most of the complaints I have read tend to concern the quality of the food which bearing in mind what we had paid (£325 for 10 nights for 2 people plus flights) was of a good standard. Always hot and properley cooked with a fair choice on offer. Let me tell you now you wont find steak and lobster on the menu but if you expect to pay peanuts and get something for nothing then you in the wrong place - what you will find is a decent cooked breakfst with usual cereals etc, some choice for lunch and dinner along lines of salad, pasta, burgers, hot dogs, chips, lots of fish dishes, chicken nuggets, stews, turkey, pork .... ok not top of the range cusine but you do get what you pay for.

Drinks ... if you want to get smashed out drunk then this aint the place for you .. the drinks are served in small plastic glasses with ice so not much room for the alcohol but if you like to pace yourself then you find an issue .. you can only get 2 drinks at a time per person but so what ? it stops the less mature guests getting totally legless and annoying everybody else.

Sunbeds ... unlocked at 10.15 which suited us as gave us time for a leisurely breakfast before having a nice day lounging in the sun without worrying we wouldnt find a sunbed as everyone had been "reserved" before 5am by a towel.

Pool .... its clean and well maintained but not brand new and cant see why there have been negative comments about it ??

Maids / cleaning ... the place is spotless and tidy with rooms cleaned every 2 days, want your towels changed then leave the dirty ones in the bathtub, they clean behind the sofa and under the bed .... sheets are grey and probably need replacing but they are clean.

Bad points ..... only 1 which is you cant flush toilet paper down the toilet but place it in a basket !

If you want a good value holiday you wont go wrong with this hotel.

6  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have just spent 3 weeks here. I think it must be the worst holiday i have ever had.The food was terrible unless you like chips 3 times a day.There was only one noisy bar with plastic beakers no lounge to relax in to get away from the noise.There was no security the bar closed at 11pm with people bringing there own drinks in and singing and shouting till the early hours. The maid did not know how to make a bed or clean the room properly every 2 days There was no ashtrays provided so everone used the beakers that they had been drinking out of for dimps .These and the tables were not cleared or cleaned untill 8-30 in the morning. mike

Room Tip: go elswhere
7  Thank michael w
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

I am grateful for your participation by means of the expression of your observations and experience.

I am pleased to inform you that there is a lounge at the reception area (downstairs).

All your viewpoints shall be taken into account and examined.

Again many thanks and best regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend where very impressed with this place. We had fab room very clean. Lovely food, friendly staff. Drinks good to very strong as no measures used so beware lol. Cant wait to go back after Christmas x

• Stayed: October 2013
#68 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Terrazas
Terrazas
#83 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!