“It is what it is”

Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel is situated about a 15 mins maximum taxi ride from the airport, it is up a hill from a very tired looking town, but there are a couple of nice bars and restaurants within walking distance.

If you are looking for a clean no frills hotel then the los fiscos would tick the boxes, the room we stayed in (147) was clean and very spacious upon opening the apartment you could smell the bleach and the rooms were clean but we found that the beds were hard and they had a rubber sheet between the bed sheets and the mattress.

As opposed to all inclusive I would say that this hotel was more of full board with limited drinks, the breakfast and the lunch seemed to be better than the dinner but we always found something to eat, the food was always well prepared and hot but the only drinks you could get with lunch / dinner was wine, sangria or water or machine fruit juice hence no carbonated soft drinks or more to the point no beer.

In fact on the very subject of no beer, upon entering the hotel after 2000hrs on the sat night the 1 and only bar in the hotel with the one and only beer pump was a pub with no beer unless that is you want a can or bottle of beer then the barman could SELL you a beer (in this day and age 1 beer pump to serve a full hotel is not acceptable) and there was no beer until Sunday afternoon when the pump was mended, then when I went to the bar there was no white wine but hereafter there was no problem getting drinks from the bar.

I have stated in my heading it is what it is and here goes for what you don't get included in your 3* stay beer or cola with your meals, snacks at anytime but you can hire a safe 20 euros a week, kettle & toaster 20euros, the telly in the room was also pay per view 20 euros for a week as was the wifi. In fact the only time it wasn't 20 euros was when you wanted a late check out of after 1500 it then jumped to 40 euros. Needless to say I booked the shower room and headed for the local bar to purchase a beer with my lunch.

Even although we checked out at 12 the receptionist cut off our all inclusive bands (first time ever) bearing in mind we couldn't get beer till more than halfway through day 2 of our stay I thought this showed the hotel up to be what it is.

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN but it is what it is and if you can see past the points that annoyed me then you will should enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: one away from the walkway as you can hear luggage being wheeled along through the night
1 Thank Fowsky
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear clients,

Thanks for your participation and your feedback. Firstly, I apologise for the inconvenience of the beer pump. Secondly, I wish to explain that the kettle and toaster do not cost €20 a week, but €8 (the deposit is refunded at check-out).

I am glad that you found the food suitable, and I send you my best wishes.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
manchester
Reviewed 19 November 2013

(The Good)..Second time for us here. We wanted a cheap all inclusive chilled break, which is what we got last time. so we knew what to expect. Found the staff very friendly and the rooms although could do with updating were clean and spacious The drinks in little plastic cups, we were used too so didn't bother us, as the only bar there is situated by the pool area.....

The Bad).. the food has definitely gone worse since our last visit..( Feb 2012) . its very bland and although there's meat advertised, there's not a lot of it.. more like gristle/fat. with pasta and chips and more pasta and chips ....

(The Ugly) The people who cant take there drink and cause a disturbance around the pool bar, whilst others just want to have a sociable night. There's no security at the hotel which i think there should be giving our last experience of loud mouth drunken groups whose aim it is too make a nuisance of themselves .

We will definitely not be going back to this hotel. Adios.. Blue Sea...F

2 Thank ManchesterIan98
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear clients,

Many thanks for having contributed to the amelioration of the services by expressing your feedback.

Concerning our food, we always try to improve, hence your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your trust, and best wishes.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

we stayed this november for 1 week, 5 of us age from18 to 60! all very happy with the accomodation clean and very spacious we had 2 bed apartment for 3 adults.breakfasts lovely best meal of the day evening meal wasnt to our taste but still never went hungry . the apartments are well situated but are uphill but taxis from main strip 4/5 euros well worth it.very quiet at night, lovely place would definately stay againx x x

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank beccy44
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear clients,

I am so pleased to know that you had a fabulous stay amongst us. I wish you will visit us again, and please write to us with your requests, we will try to fulfil your wishes.

Many thanks again and we remain looking forward to your next visit.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just got back after a weeks stay. Here are my comments:-

Good points: Clean, spacious, cheap and the reception staff are very helpful. I didn't eat or drink at the hotel so cannot comment on what it was like.

Bad points: Beds are not too comfortable, the décor and furniture could do with updating and the TV should be made free as should the safe deposit boxes in the room.

Overall: Good value for a week and if you don't mind the walk to the harbour or town down very steep roads then the location is ok but a little out of the way.

While there I hired a scooter to get around on which was great fun and only 60 Euros a week. Fuel only cost me 5 Euros in total so cheaper than taxis and a great way to get about.

Room Tip: I was in room 121 which was very close to reception but tucked away in the corner, very quite and no...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank neil7545
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Many thanks for your review. We are glad to know that you had a nice time in Lanzarote and you liked going through this marvelous island.

Looking forward to meeting you anew, please receive our best regards.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my partner stayed there for 11 days on an all inclusive and we ate there three three times, it was awful.what a waste of money the food was repetitive and bland and the bar served your drinks in plastic vending cups, the room had sockets hanging off the walls and you had to pay for the tv. Never again will we stay there beware.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with this one
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Georniki
Much-esteemed clients,

Thanks for your participation and for having narrated your experience. I am sorry about the socket hanging off the wall, which is something unforeseeable.

Regarding the plastic cups, only plastic can be used at pool areas, that is a general safety rule.

Best regards from Puerto del Carmen.

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

stevenage
Reviewed 11 November 2013

we have just returned November 2013 from a 7 night stay at los fiscos lanzarote,first of all the good points about the hotel.
good point number 1 its in a hot country,good point number two the menu is very easy to remember because its boiled fish chips and rice every day twice a day for the whole week,
and now the bad points,the hotel is very badly in need of a overhaul,the paint is peeling the electrics are from the 60s,on our 1st night we had no electric 5th 6th night no hot water, we only use hotels as a base so we can explore the country,but under no circumstances book all inclusive at the hotel unless you like boil fish chips and rice every night,we booked half board and threw the towel in after 3 meals of you guessed it boiled fish chips and rice and took off to the nearest steak house,as i said ealier we only use hotels as a base so would we use los fiscos again,not in a million years

Room Tip: book into another hotel
7 Thank gary t
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I am very grateful for your observations and explanations. I wish to add to your comments that we do not know the menu that you have mentioned (three times), but the one I have specified in my previous answer.

Many thanks again for your participation, and I send you my best wishes.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I travelled to Lanzarote on the 4th of October and stayed in the Blue Sea Los Fiscos for 6 of our 7 seven nights...
On arrival the hotel seemed nice, clean and basic. Check in took some time, we were to recieve a large room however, there were plumbing issues so we were given a small room and because of the hassle a free safe or if we wanted to switch the next day we could, a fair service from the offset.
The small room was not ideal as there was no access to a balcony/terrace with sunlight, it was basic but at least it was cleaned regularly.
Food and drinks were ok, before arrving we decided to eat out for dinner as we heard the Lanzarote restaurants were great, which they were. Breakfast was good, lunch was hit or miss but expected at the budget price we paid for all inclusive.
The pool was a decent size and depth, the only reason for dirt, I believe, is smokers using cups for ash trays and not binning them so ash goes everywhere.
The location is closer to the harbour down very large steep hills which could be a nightmare going up in the heat during the day.
Our main problem was when our room (no. 157) flooded on two occasions. The 1st time it was dealt with and cleaned, the 2nd time however sewage/blockages came up and into the room where we slept. This happened to our two neighbours either side also, it was unliveable so we were given another Blue Sea hotel to stay in for the night. The reception staff dealt with the problem well and politely, I did find it weird there was no manager or duty manager on shift.
The manager the next day offered us a free safe as compensation, which we already had, she then offered us all inclusive, we already had that too... My boyfriend asked for a new room and although we got it she seemed sceptical to change it. Although this was our only occassion dealing with managent (Lola Bueno) she did not seem to have the same customer service skills as her other staff. She didn't seem to care at all, she dealt with the issue briefly in 2 minutes, followed by a sarcastic "I'm sorry".
All in all we don't let little things ruin our trips and we have never complained anywhere before.
It was a great holiday and although the plumbing was an issue you can't fully blame the hotel. Its basic and clean, but we would book elsewhere next time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#28 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Terrazas
Terrazas
#81 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!