“Great value for money”

Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After reading the previous reviews I was worried about this hotel however I had no need to be. I don't normally add reviews however feel that the previous reviews were unfair.
The rooms were clean and spacious and the maid came every 2 days. The pool area was large and clean with plenty of sunbeds. Some people in previous reviews have complained about drinking from plastic cups but this is due to the bar being by the pool and glass would not be a good idea!
We stayed all inclusive and there was always a variety of food, although in previous reviews people were complaining about the food. The food was always cooked and warm and you would not go hungry. Breakfast was bacon/egg etc, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, bread, cheese. For lunch and dinner there was always different soups, salads, pastas, stews, bread and meat. Then things would change daily like burgers, spring rolls, tuna patties (which were lovely), hot dogs, fish fingers and lots of other things. Also usually a choice of about 5 desserts.
Location wise its at the top of a hill (so nice sea views) and its a nice walk down to the beach, harbour, bars and restaurants, and although the less mobile may struggle there are plenty of taxis about.
I would definitely go back to this hotel and would say to anyone looking at the bad reviews to ignore them!

Room Tip: 246, amazing sea view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vicki L
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear guests,

Many thanks for such a constructive, rewarding review. Please on your next visit email us specifying your room requests, and we will endeavour to meet your wishes.

Kindest regards.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here with my partner for a long weekend and have to say after reading some of the reviews on here I was pretty scared! However I can honestly say that for the money it is definitely a good valued place to stay! Don't get me wrong there are some areas for improvement but if you are looking for clean/ spacious and value for money then this is definitely it!

We stayed only having breakfast - and for the price the selection and variety is really good! I had heard from some of our neighbours that the full all inclusive option was not good, especially at dinner - however if you want to go all inclusive I think you need to be going to a 4 star resort at least! Plus there are so many gorgeous restaurants in the harbour - why eat in when you can go out?!

We didn't visit the pool however there seemed to be a lot of space and sun beds so I cant see how you would go wrong!

I do feel that some of the reviews on here about this place are very harsh. Everyone loves abit of luxury but we wanted a short budget break for some winter sun and this place ticked the boxes! We will definitely return for another short break to catch some sun here!

I will warn you...if you want to walk down to the harbour - prepare to work your leg muscles!! And avoid high heels!!

If you get chance, take a visit to the Marina - its absolutely beautiful and the restaurants are fantastic!

1 Thank rachey_b78
I am very grateful for your lovely review, but I am specially happy to know that you had a wonderful break at this hotel of Puerto del Carmen.

Looking forward to receiving you again for another sunny holiday.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I thought the hotel was very nice and people shouldn't put the entertainer down I think he trys his best and has a lot of responsibility and in my eyes does a brillant job the food was nice and had a different choice everyday which was great the rooms was clean and the cleaners came in and changed the towels every 2 days which was good and changed the bed/beds all in all the holiday was great will defernetlly be going back :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank natlie-jayne
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
My team and I are very grateful for your highly rewarding sentences, as we are very glad to know that you had a lovely holiday.

By the way, we have introduced a thematic dinner (usually on Fridays): Canarian food, and I hope you will like it when you taste it on your next visit.

Best regards.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A friend and I stayed at Los Fiscos for a week in March 2013. We had a lovely relaxed holiday and spent most of the time at the hotel. We went self catering but when we arrived we were offered a room upgrade to go all inclusive for free, however based on my past experiences with all inclusive at other hotels we decided to stay self catering, just to be safe! We were given our key, and shown our room, it didn't have much of a view and were on the ground floor so we had an open balcony, but this wasn't a problem. The self catering facilities were extremely basic.. I think we had a hob and a fridge, a few random pots and pans a couple of glasses and plates. No bottle opener or the other little things that you don't realise you need until you need to use them! But we got by with what we were given and to be honest the local restaurants were so cheap we ate out most meal times or nipped the to local 'El Spario' for some nibbles. The pool was very clean and cold! Plenty of places to relax on loungers by the pool or up on the sun terrace with a lovely view of the sea and mountains. It is about a 20 minute walk down to the beach and shops but we didn't mind that, it was just a very steep walk down a very windy hill. A friend of mine stayed a few months after us and they too had a lovely time.
The hotel entertainment is mainly meant for children and finishes very early and the alcoholic drinks are watered down as you would expect!

So, in a nut shell..

Things we liked..
*Pool and sunbathing area
*Quiet hotel
*Good for a cheap holiday
*Rooms big and spacious
*Cheap taxi ride to and from the town (Approx 3.20Euro)
*Brilliant for a relaxation holiday

Things we didn't like so much..
*Dated décor and mismatched furniture
*Heard the food was poor - not much variety but this isn't from personal experience
*Evening entertainment could have been better being as it is a small quiet area
*If you haven't been to Lanzarote before, take something warm for the night time as it got a little chilly

Overall I would stay here again. Pleasant hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stacey C
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and above all we are very glad that you had a nice experience at this complex of Puerto del Carmen.

Kindest regards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I found the staff unhelpful, the food very bland no flavour (Breakfast only), sun loungers were under lock and key only available at 10am each day, mattress for lounger charged at 4euro each deposit 10euros. Kettle 8euros per week 10 euros deposit, hair dryer 8 euros 10 euros deposit. I've stayed in many places the only extra charge was for safe in room nothing was charged. Very disappointed with this hotel will not be returning or recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: Just don't book it!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mary S

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel is situated about a 15 mins maximum taxi ride from the airport, it is up a hill from a very tired looking town, but there are a couple of nice bars and restaurants within walking distance.

If you are looking for a clean no frills hotel then the los fiscos would tick the boxes, the room we stayed in (147) was clean and very spacious upon opening the apartment you could smell the bleach and the rooms were clean but we found that the beds were hard and they had a rubber sheet between the bed sheets and the mattress.

As opposed to all inclusive I would say that this hotel was more of full board with limited drinks, the breakfast and the lunch seemed to be better than the dinner but we always found something to eat, the food was always well prepared and hot but the only drinks you could get with lunch / dinner was wine, sangria or water or machine fruit juice hence no carbonated soft drinks or more to the point no beer.

In fact on the very subject of no beer, upon entering the hotel after 2000hrs on the sat night the 1 and only bar in the hotel with the one and only beer pump was a pub with no beer unless that is you want a can or bottle of beer then the barman could SELL you a beer (in this day and age 1 beer pump to serve a full hotel is not acceptable) and there was no beer until Sunday afternoon when the pump was mended, then when I went to the bar there was no white wine but hereafter there was no problem getting drinks from the bar.

I have stated in my heading it is what it is and here goes for what you don't get included in your 3* stay beer or cola with your meals, snacks at anytime but you can hire a safe 20 euros a week, kettle & toaster 20euros, the telly in the room was also pay per view 20 euros for a week as was the wifi. In fact the only time it wasn't 20 euros was when you wanted a late check out of after 1500 it then jumped to 40 euros. Needless to say I booked the shower room and headed for the local bar to purchase a beer with my lunch.

Even although we checked out at 12 the receptionist cut off our all inclusive bands (first time ever) bearing in mind we couldn't get beer till more than halfway through day 2 of our stay I thought this showed the hotel up to be what it is.

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN but it is what it is and if you can see past the points that annoyed me then you will should enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: one away from the walkway as you can hear luggage being wheeled along through the night
1 Thank Fowsky
Dear clients,

Thanks for your participation and your feedback. Firstly, I apologise for the inconvenience of the beer pump. Secondly, I wish to explain that the kettle and toaster do not cost €20 a week, but €8 (the deposit is refunded at check-out).

I am glad that you found the food suitable, and I send you my best wishes.

manchester
Reviewed 19 November 2013

(The Good)..Second time for us here. We wanted a cheap all inclusive chilled break, which is what we got last time. so we knew what to expect. Found the staff very friendly and the rooms although could do with updating were clean and spacious The drinks in little plastic cups, we were used too so didn't bother us, as the only bar there is situated by the pool area.....

The Bad).. the food has definitely gone worse since our last visit..( Feb 2012) . its very bland and although there's meat advertised, there's not a lot of it.. more like gristle/fat. with pasta and chips and more pasta and chips ....

(The Ugly) The people who cant take there drink and cause a disturbance around the pool bar, whilst others just want to have a sociable night. There's no security at the hotel which i think there should be giving our last experience of loud mouth drunken groups whose aim it is too make a nuisance of themselves .

We will definitely not be going back to this hotel. Adios.. Blue Sea...F

2 Thank ManchesterIan98
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear clients,

Many thanks for having contributed to the amelioration of the services by expressing your feedback.

Concerning our food, we always try to improve, hence your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your trust, and best wishes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#45 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen
Los Pueblos Apartments
Los Pueblos Apartments
#59 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!