“Had a great stay”

Blue Sea Los Fiscos
Ranked #78 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went here for a girls trip before my daughters wedding, after reading the reviews we were a bit worried as we thought it might be a mistake, We had a great time the bedrooms were basic and could do with a makeover but they were clean, we had all inclusive and it was really good.The staff were good some better than others but you make your own holliday..The food was fine we know what all inclusive can be like and it was good we had a mix of girls in our group and they all enjoyed the food Vegetarians found it great with all the fruit, veg and pasta ..We all enjoyed it and might return for another trip so cant be as bad as the reviews say as we would not even think about going back if it was....Basic but clean so all happy.

Room Tip: there are some nice sea view rooms but are near the pool bar area and could be noisey at times durin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank theroadtoparadise
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

We are delighted to know that you had a great time amongst us, and we are looking forward to your return.

Many thanks and best wishes for you all.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel just minutes after the restuarant closed, to be given a dried up sandwich of ham and cheese or cheese and ham which appeared to have been on the sun bed all day. Staff were generally not good and let the hotel down, Swimming pool has no shallow end, so dont take your kids there its dangerous. no kids club although advertised, one guy on his own who didnt work every day. Just bingo in the evenings and the odd karaoke. Other shows lasted no more than 10 minutes and never arrived before 10.30pm. Disgruntled swimming pool area man who would jet wash all the mess and rubbish back into the pool because he didnt sweep the floor first. He did this on a regular basis after the pool had been hoovered by another man. He would not open the lock on the sun beds and sometimes it was 11am almost before you could get a bed, no parasols allowed in the hotel so nowhere to get out of sun. The restuarant was not good, one or two staff ok but the food terrible, unless you want rice or pasta, or beef which was tough and all fat. On occasions you would get pork, pork, and more pork. Breakfast was the only meal we could eat comfortably and that was exactly the same every day because you knew you were going to get rubbish at lunch and dinner. Many people went out to eat as they also did during the day the hotel would be fairly quiet because people could not use the pool or get out of the sun. One life guard sat in a room on many a day, occasionally coming out. The cleaner we had was very pleasant and told us that she could not clean, just look into the room and leave towels and sheets if we needed them, she had one colleague working with her and had over 40 rooms to do. On this particular day she should have finished work at 4pm and was still working after 6.15. She said she was not allowed to go home until she had finished. The bar was a joke, often running out of some things, milk one day, said he couldnt get any from the restuarant as it was a different department. Plastic cups, very small like kids ones were used for all drinks, even hot ones, only 2 drinks per person. The bar opened at 10.30am and closed by 11pm each night. The rooms are very tired, cooker didnt work, no kettle, no hair dryer as advertised on the internet. When asked at reception, the manager told my husband you get what you pay for Im afraid. We were with great friends and enjoyed our holiday by doing our own thing and tried not to let it spoil it. We would never go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Please do not use this hotel, but if you do, make sure you do not go the other side of the road from...
5  Thank Jean R

We appreciate, dear customers, your participation and the time you have taken to writing these comments. It seems very strange that the maid told you "she was not allowed to go home until she had finished", as our maids do not speak English. We shall consider all your comments and remarks, so as to improve our service.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and we regret that your holiday was not the one you expected. Thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently stayed at Los Fiscos with my family and after reading previous reviews I was a little apprehensive, however in fairness I was pleasantly surprised. The food was adequate with a varied choice and there was plenty of it. The room was cleaned every other day and there was no problem if you wanted additional towels inbetween times. There were always sunbeds available and they were locked up of an evening to prevent the reserving of beds etc., the drinks were fine no restriction on amount apart from only being allowed 2 at any one visit which is fair enough. The night time around the pool and bar area was very sociable and the entertainment was good, providing for a good atmosphere and mix of people both adults and children. The bar closed at 11 as did the entertainment which was good for people sleeping near to this area.
The staff were extremely helpfull throughout our stay.
I appreciate that life is all about expectation and peoples expectations vary, however I expected a three star accomodation and that's what I got. I agree that some areas may need updating but to be fair they were painting walls whilst I was there.
All in all it was a good holiday, good food, decent accomodation and hard working staff. Plus free wifi downstairs which was helpfull :)

Room Tip: There are a few steps around the hotel so if you are a little unsteady you need to be aware. I had a...
8  Thank wolves5Wolverhampton

Many thanks, dear clients, for the sending of your remarks and your valuation. We are very happy to know that you spent a nice holiday and that you liked our food.

Best wishes from this complex of Puerto del Carmen .

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Well it's true...you get what you pay for.....this was a pretty cheap weeks holiday and that's exactly what we got. No saying it was a bad hotel as it wasn't but it certainly wasn't the best.

Room - looks smaller that it was. Beds very uncomfy. No airconditioning and having two kids with u their beds were the sofa and a pull out drawer on legs...pretty poor

Reception - couldn't ask for more
Pool - plenty of sun loungers and pretty clean
pool bar - Basic but no complaints
Food - reasonable choice but very bland and not very tasty (was all inc) but ate out most of time

Certanly going back to Peurto Del Carmen but not to this hotel

2  Thank pedr01972

Dear customers,

We appreciate your feedback and your stay at this complex, and we take note of all your remarks.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

APARTMENT:
- Mold above shower
- Rust all over the kitchen area
- Filthy mattresses
- Irregular maids (will be lucky if they come once during the week)
- The chain on the toilet left a horrendous smell
- The sofa bed is just horrendously uncomfortable
- Please don't be fooled by the managers replies, there was NOT an ashtray attached to the apartments, we had to use plastic cups with water in them!

SWIMMING POOL
- Negligent lifeguard who sat around texting most days
- No chlorine, so dirty and horrible, you could also tell it was not cleaned properly
- Only was opened up when it suited the Los Fiscos staff! So if you're one for an early swim, don't bother! On average, sun loungers were put out at 11am
- Many of the sun loungers broken or on the verge of breaking! I fell back many times on the sun lounger and nearly fell through it!
- No shade unless you're willing to pay for it?! Another money-grabbing scheme
- Again, there are NOT any ashtrays fixed around the pool, we were all using plastic cups again that unfortunately weren't suitable for an ashtray! May as well just use the swimming pool

BAR
- Shuts down completely at 11pm, at 5 to 11 one evening the rude, rude member of staff slammed down the shutter! We had been queuing to get a last drink and we had to argue to keep it open
- Only served two drinks per person! One night my sister had sunstroke and couldn't come up to the bar to get her drinks and they wouldn't let us take water down to her! We had to drop off drinks and come back even after we had explained the situation
- Again... At an outside bar no ashtray provided... Unless liquid in a plastic cup counts
- Sandwiches on offer were just ... Well there is just no words for how awful the sandwiches were! No butter to stick the stodgy ingredients together, stale bread from the day before, you only get half a sandwich and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT listen to the managements' responses there was NOT an 'assortment' of sandwiches when my mum asked for a vegetarian option we got the response no it's ham and cheese or cheese and ham!
- Bar understaffed at night! If they're going to have a two drink per person rule, then expect longer queues
- If you saw the plastic cups used to serve drinks at a child's 5th birthday party you'd probably query it!

WI-FI
- Paid for a week's worth of wifi as I was told that the free wifi room was unreliable
- I was then cut off from my paid for wifi service TWO days too soon and when I went to the reception to ask they said that the wifi came from an outside company and that they couldn't guarantee a reply! So I had to pay for an extra two days and no apology or compensation was offered! This has also happened to other people
- Not ONLY was the service cut off it really was a poor wifi signal
- Also, wifi payment is per device not per room! So if you're a family of 4 with 4 devices, it will cost you 100 euros for the week

EXTRA ADD ONS
- No air conditioning in any rooms so you therefore have to pay 15 euros per fan so if you have two rooms that's 30 euros for the week for really crap air conditioning you then have to pay an extra ten euros deposit! On top of that you then have to lug both fans up and down copious amounts of stairs!
- Self-catering apartments do not have kettles or toasters in rooms so you have to pay for those! Not included in your initial hotel price
- No basic TV channels provided unless you're willing to pay!
- Safe key was also 30 euros for the week plus 10euro deposit! Considered very bad practice considering that within the 7 days we were there, there were 3 burglaries!! One of which people were asleep in their room whilst being burgled with a grand's worth of money stolen
- Also one night six cats fell through a guests window at 230am

RESTAURANT
- Food was edible
- What you have for lunch expect for dinner
- Not allowed air con on in the restaurant PLEASE don't listen to managers responses if a guest switched on the air con a member of staff would switch it straight off
- Heat was unbearable in there sometimes
- If you love chips, rice and pasta then this is the restaurant for you!
- Deserts were shabby, no effort made at all
- An average selection of fish for vegetarians
- Salads are not suitable for vegetarians as they stick loads of ham in it, so was unsuitable for my mum all week
- A male member of staff picked a fight with a lady over moving two tables together so that the family could sit all together! I quote that the member of staff said to the lady 'lets take this outside' and was trying to grab her plate from her
- When reported to management they didn't seem interested
- Don't expect a pleasant long-winded meal with your family as the waiters remove your plate the second you have finished your meal
- I went up twice to get a drink and I had come back to find my half-eaten dinner gone! So would have to go up and start again
- On a positive note the breakfast was good
- Biggest piece of advice to diners make sure that you are there at the restaurant for opening times otherwise you are left with the drabs

STAFF - I could go on for hours
- Rudest staff I have ever encountered in my entire life
- When we arrived at to the Los Fiscos reception the receptionist (when she looked up from her mobile phone) said 'hurry up or you won't get dinner' so we had to rush dinner down in 10 minutes after travelling all day!
- We went to our apartment for the first time there were no bedsheets for the sofa bed so we called reception and she told us to 'come and get it'
- No one showed us to our apartment on arrival either so we were lugging huge suitcases up and down stairs trying to find our place of stay!
- Bar and restaurant staff really are appalling

ENTERTAINMENT
- The only real entertainment was bingo which you paid for
- No entertainers other than the guy who did bingo and karaoke... and that lasted all of 10 minutes! Although the guy who ran these two events was lovely and he should be commended on being the most polite member of staff there! Well done
- There was not a kids disco as it was advertised!
- Entertainment started extremely late on and most of the time it was like being at a 5 year old's birthday party... I.e The reptile show that lasted 10 minutes

Lanzarote is such a gorgeous place and really is family orientated! Do not waste your trip by being miserable about this hotel

Room Tip: No room will suit you unless they sort it out!
5  Thank Alanna M

Dear guest,

Thanks for your long review and the long time you have devoted to describing this complex services from your personal, subjective point of view.

- Wifi: there is wifi at the reception hall downstairs, many clients enjoy it there. I do not know who told that it was unreliable, but the staff did not.
- Air conditioning: We do not publish air conditioning at the rooms on our website.
- Air conditioning at the restaurant: guests are not allowed to turn on or off the air conditioning devices; when it is hot, before the starting of the service, we turn it on and close the windows and doors. Some guests do not like air conditioning and open the windows, and then the air conditioning does not work.
- Ashtrays: There are glass ashtrays at the room terrace (of course, smoking inside rooms is forbidden, out of respect towards the next clients), and there are also at the pool area fixed to the wall.
- Bar: it closes at 11 p.m.: there is a sign at the bar, and we also announce it before the closing.

I could continue and fill in many pages with thousands of words, but, out of professionality, I prefer to respect my guests, whom I hold in high esteem. I would request you not to force readers to believe what you say, because human beings are born with free will, and therefore, are free to read and to believe.

Many thanks, and I send you my best wishes.

Lola Bueno,
Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014

On arrival we were greeted with a friendly member of staff. We were told that our rooms weren't going to be ready for another hour and a half. This was at 12 in the afternoon. One room took 3 hours to be ready. To the people out there who have restricted mobility avoid this hotel. It's like an assault course to get to your room. Steep stairs all over the complex. Carrying our suitcases up and down them was not fun.

Our room had thee most uncomfortable beds in. The sofa bed had to be out on the floor as there are wooden ends to the sofa one of our party is 6ft 3 so so couldn't fit on it. I'm not a one for caring about what's on the walls but our bedroom was half painted. The kitchen area was dated and the fridge did not shut properly. If you want a plug point check in the cupboard. Our view from the room we could not fault. There is no air conditioning. You have to rent a fan. Bring your own towels because their ones are like extended tea towels.

The pool was opened when they could be bothered to open it. Once they did they proceeded to clean around you the area of fag buts on the floor with a hose. Beware of splashes. For people who smoke they have no ashtrays. There are no sunshades at all. If you want one you have to rent them. Please do not be fooled by the term snack bar. You only get a half sandwich that consists of a luncheon meat with olives. The pool itself is lovely bit cold bit it's hot so it's nice to cool down. They have music round the pool which isn't too loud. I hope you like Rihanna.

Breakfast was the best meal of the day they had everything. Including chips. Although they can't cope with seating more than four people in a group at a time. They cover over the tea machine at breakfast so you can't have one. Which coincides with you have to rent a kettle.

Lunch was very basic. If you like chips. GREAT! Dinner was nice their chicken is cooked really well. If you like salad then get used to the taste of brine as well. They did do vegetables.

There was no entertainment of an evening on the board was karaoke and a quiz we saw neither. There is an only two drink per customer at a time. Which is fine because it saves unnecessary waste. However they come in plastic cups that are a little bit smaller than your palm.

A taxi into the old town will cost you about 3 euros and one to the main town around 4. The surrounding restaurants are lovely and very good value. We ate out a lot. The little shop around the corner great value on tobacco between 16€-30€ for 200.

I'm sorry to say what a waste of money and that I will not be returning. Try the Santa Rosa instead.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank AliceC84x
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We appreciate, dear guests, the writing of the review and your comments. Concerning ashtrays, there are ashtrays fixed to the wall at the pool area; regarding sandwiches, we serve assorted sandwiches every day (of different sausage).

Best wishes.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have just come back from a week in this establishment. I paid extra for a room with a view & ended up with a blank white wall approx 10 foot away, underneath the pool area so no natural sunlight getting through. There was a constant sound of running water due to the pump room being nearby. We complained & did eventually get moved to a slightly better but certainly quieter room. The whole place is a desperate need of updating & maintenance. Areas of the grate around the outside of the pool were broken or missing.
The toilets by the pool/bar area (1 for each) were not cleaned nearly enough, especially when you are requested to place toilet paper in the bin & not flush it down the toilet, you can only imagine the smell in high temperatures. Often very wet & slippery due to people being wet from the pool.
All drinks were served in plastic cups that:
1) were not very large.
2) not very heavy or strong, so often ended up being blown over or in the pool.
3) hot drinks served in 3 of them to protect from the heat.
The food was adequate although lacked much variety, lunch & dinner often consisted of the same thing with only the meat changing. If you like pasta, rice, chips & salad you will be happy. If you are a vegetarian then your options very limited. Restaurant closed between meal times.
The only evidence of snacks l saw available on the All inclusive option were the little tubs of ice - cream which consisted of vanilla/strawberry or vanilla/chocolate only available to 6.30 and they were regularly out of my son's favourite chocolate.
Entertainment,awful the highlight of the night bingo
!!! Sunday night entertainment consisted of a reptile show due it being Lee's day off. I would recommend you take a pack of cards or something else to amuse yourself. Every other night consisted of karaoke. The night we stayed out for it, four songs only. Other entertainment: birds of prey show (3 or 4 birds), reptile show, parrot show (best of the lot) & a quiz.
It was the other guests that made it for us, especially around the poolside.
Staff in the reception area were helpful enough but others could be extremely rude at times. Bar shut dead on 23.00 regardless of whether you had been queueing for 5 minutes or more the shutters came down.
Would we go back again? Definitely not to Los Fiscos

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Purpleheart1

Dear guests,

We thank you for your comments and the time you have devoted to writing this review. We have taken note of your remark about the glasses, so as to improve them.

Best regards.

#39 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Terrazas
Terrazas
#82 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!