“Great apartment complex”

Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Great apartment complex”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from a week's stay at Acuario sol 1. Did venture briefly onto the larger complex but this closed on Thursday for refurbishment. Pool area is small but the little used roof top solarium has lots of sunbeds and a constant breeze to keep a lovely temperature. Booked with Thomas Cook who provide an excellent service at this accommodation. Their rep, Alice, made two visits a day and was always friendly, cheerful and full of local knowledge. Her recommendations for trips and excursions were very helpful and I only wished I had been staying longer to visit more of the island. Did go to the MHT music night which was brillliant. Also went on the Catlanza catamaran which is not to be missed and also thoroughly enjoyed the Rancho Texas evening. The apartment itself was clean and a very good size. Only limited facilities for cooking but there is so much choice in the resort that finding food and drink was never a problem! Just a short walk to the nearby beaches and a longer walk will take you into the old town and port. I would really recommend this complex.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Tracey V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We just enjoyed a great week in this hotel we were in hotel number 1 but had full use of the number 2 hotels facilities. The room was spacious plenty for my husband my son and I. They were very well kept with a housekeeper in regularly who we found really pleasant. The resturant was lovely nice food at good prices had breakfast there most mornings. Only cons were the amount of cats around the hotel far to many and our room had a joining door to the next room so lots of noise but overall we had a fab holiday.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank amy s
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

lovely accommodation for the money very friendly staff! very good weather to sit by the pool and enjoy happy hour at the bar which had amazing staff. just wish there was a taxi service from by hotel or phone number to ring as walk was a little far for mother who is disabled and also the little one with us

Room Tip: rooms by the bar have good sunshine all day if you do fancy chilling at your room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank larny1981
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was a last minute booking after an appalling couple of months of endless rain and storms, to an 'unknown quantity' at a time of the year I had never visited Lanzarote; as such for 3 weeks I was lucky to have a top floor apartment in the No 1 section, so it was sunny from 11ish till 6pm on my balcony, without having to go to the solarium. Although it was basic it was fine as a base to meet up with fellow travellers from Scotland and Spanish friends living in Lanzarote. It was very clean, and the maids friendly; the reception staff were helpful and I was lucky to have very pleasant and friendly 'neighbours'. it was central to the town and a bike hired from Fliston's [who collected me] 60 euros for 12 days took me to Tias, Playa Honda, Puerto Calero as well as the whole of the 'strip' from the airport to the harbour [in less than 20 minutes]. It was also a 'safety insurance' if I was returning alone at night. The little complex and pool was much more private than its big brother round the corner. It was not Club Los Pocillos where I spend a month in October/November, but at almost half the price, a very good value extra holiday.

Internet very iffy for the price. Skipped middle week. TV was an experience, but only used for news and to improve my Spanish. Had stocked up on Mac for any spell of poor weather. When I 'go Spanish' I like to eat Spanish. Although Rachel and her assistant in the pool bar were very pleasant, they were catering almost exclusively for 'English' tastes. I had booked B&B, ate out, or self-catered, and felt a little guilty on last day of 3 weeks, I had a burger and salad before a late-ish flight, and it was really rather good.
I would go again for another extra few weeks next February, but the really bitingly cold few days mid holiday was a lesson to take warmer clothes for early morning/evenings. I expected the same as November. Wrong!

Room Tip: Top floor in A S 1.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank marwils
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Upon arrival we had to collect our keys from the reception which was closed as it was late, around 10pm when we arrived. The lady turned up quickly with keys and we were pointed in the direction of our apartment. It was small and basic but as expected considering the amount we paid.

The best aspects of the apartment was the balcony and shower. We were on the top floor so actually had views out to the sea which was a bonus. Not so great was the lack of airflow through the small little ventilation hatches. We had a constant gale blowing though our apartment from back to front but this didn't nothing for the warm and muggy air inside. Thankfully our balcony was big and private and offered us a nice space to relax.

Walking distance of all attractions within the town and nice and secure with a locked gate.

Room Tip: Top floor apartments have a sea view but the sun beats down on the balcony all day. With this in min...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank euanacameron
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went to acuario sol 2 form 13th until 20th of March 2014, this was our second stay here. The apartments are situated close to the main strip and no big hills the climb to reach them!! The staff are friendly and helpful, I had to get tablets from the chemist and I couldn't read the instructions as they were in Spanish, so I asked the girl at reception to help me, she was very helpful and explained exactly how to take the tablets. The apartments are immaculate as is the pool. The pool bar is cheap and serves up lovely food. They do food at nite and have BBQ but I didn't eat there at nite. The maids do a great job here and change towels and bedding regularly. I haven't one bad thing to say about these lovely apartments. I will definitely return in September again. All these apartments face the pool and also have a wonderful sea view and a sunny balcony so you can't go wrong! I recommend a high apartment as you can get the sea view. Once again for me the acuario sol 2 gets my vote time and time again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria352
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed in sol 2 and was lovely and quiet we had a 2 bed apartment which was very spacious, only downside is its on top floor and had a push chair, but reception did offer to change
The location is good the restaurants only ten minutes walk away if even that, pool was always clean
Would definitely go back