“Clean hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Pabisa Chico

Pabisa Chico
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Playa de Palma
London, United Kingdom
“Clean hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Me and my sister (19,17)arrived 13th april to the hotel. We were meant to stay in hotel delta in a different are of mallorca, however that closed down and we were re-directed to this hotel.
Straight away we were felt at ease, the staff were so kind and helpful! The manager made a real effort to talk to all the guests during meal times, and she clearly ran a great team of happy staff.

BEWARE this is a german community, so not great for the english!

CLEANLINESS: The hotel was very clean and very well styled. The cleaners were more than happy to help and spoke excellent english.

ALL INCLUSIVE: Me and my sister both agreed the only downside to the hotel was the food. We are quite fussy eaters, so mostly ate pasta and chips! The food was always well stocked up and monitored by staff, however the choice wasn't great. There was a high amount of fish every night. The snacks were very poor - just a few cakes in a cover at the pool bar. The drinks however were great! bar closed at 11pm. There wasn't any entertainment, so the hotel wasn't ideal for families and children.

The hotel is close to Beer Kernig - a huge club open all day long! Also close to another large club MegaPark. I would recommend going to marineland, the dolphin show is amazing!

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The friendliness of the staff, and the cleanliness of the hotel were brilliant attributes to the stay. It was very central too, which was great! There was no english channels on TV mind!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road were the best from my opinion as you could see the whole way down the road...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Mallorca is known for its four- and five-star all-inclusive hotels, and I've stayed in several of them. Mass tourism is a tricky business. Hotels have to save money where they can and still give the tourist a great deal. Our four-night stay at Pabisa Chico plus air fare was only 350 euros per person. This is a pretty good deal, so I'm not complaining about this at all.

Pabisa Chico looks great. The rooms are newly renovated to meet current expectations, and the facilities are satisfactory. There's a workout room, which we didn't use--but it looked adequate. The pool is small but nice--and the beach is just a few hundred meters down the road.

The staff is friendly and competent. The manager was eager to know why we weren't satisfied with the buffet. It wasn't that we were angry; we'd simply had better on the island at the four-star level. The salad bar was nothing to write home about, and the selection of dishes was not great. However, when I informed the manager of my gluten problem, she said I could have spoken to the chef about this and things would have gone better. This is great to know. I should have said something the first day. The service at Pabisa Chico is good. No worries there.

The beds, though, are cheap and very uncomfortable. They roll away from the wall when you try to sit up. I've slept on better beds in two-star hotels. I don't think I had one good night's sleep. The hotel must address this issue.

Room Tip: Unless the hotel has addressed the issue of the beds (or unless you like a very hard, cheap bed), I...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChristopherAllen
Linz
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was there with 7 buddies to have a great partytime.
Nearly everything was fine, accept, on our arrival. The hotel was "over-booked" and so they tried to save one room and stick us together with 3 people in one double room. But we stayed hard on our right for 4 double rooms. And so 2 persons had to sleep only one night in an other hotel, around the corner. Afterwards we all together in this hotel in double rooms. and the guys, who was sleeping on night in an other hotel they even get some money back.
Accept this happening everything was fine, like you can see in the headline.
I can hardly recommend this hotel which is only 500 meters away from the ballermann.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends