My sister and I spent two night at the hotel – a bit of a sunshine break!
We caught the No.21 bus from the airport (opposite arrivals at the far side of the car park), which was only €2.50 each, and took less than ten minutes. You need to get off at the Kontiki hotel stop (which is next door), a couple of stops after the aquarium.
We arrived at the hotel early (11am), and our room wasn't ready but we were given our all-inclusive wristbands, told where we could change (there are two large changing rooms with showers, toilets and mirrors near reception) and we left our bags in the luggage room.
An hour or so later the room was ready, and was great. I think all the rooms have a sea-view and a balcony, some have a pool view too. Safe keys were €7 for the two days, €3 of which we got back. Also, towels are €10 each deposit from reception.
The food was great - varied on the three days. All inclusive drinks include about six of the cocktails as well as the usual local spirits, San Miguel on draught and sangria, of course. There's no room service at the hotel.
Most of the visitors in the hotel were German, and I don't believe there were many other British people staying there, which makes a nice change to some other parts of Majorca. The hotel Kontiki, which is next door can be loud at times, with younger visitors, but it wasn't too intrusive.
There's a lovely boulevard of shops and cafés on the beach, which is right next to the hotel. Also, for anyone that likes late night partying we went to the Riu Palace hotel (a ten minute walk) to a club that was open till at least 3am. It had two different rooms, one with R&B and one dance music - and was really busy. Our €18 entrance fee included two drinks and a t-shirt on the Friday night!
On one of the days we caught the bus into Palma (nos.15 or 25), picked up across the road from the back of the hotel. This took about 20 minutes. Palma is lovely – narrow streets, a beautiful marina and an ancient cathedral. Well worth a visit.
I'll definitely return for a short trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The HM Gran Fiesta is a 4 star hotel open all year round that offers its clients a pleasant stay by the sea, thanks to its superb location on the beach front of the Playa de Palma. Our restaurant offers breakfast and dinner to our clients. In the evening, you can enjoy live music and professional shows.As well as its 241 fully equipped rooms, all with sea views, the hotel has 2 swimming pools, one of which is indoor and heated, a restaurant in which guests can enjoy buffet style dining, and a snack bar for those who prefer something quick to eat by the pool. The indoor heated pool has a Jacuzzi and sauna. A new conference hall has recently (2010) been opened, which has the capacity to hold up to 50 people and is equipped with the latest in audiovisual technology. AccomodationThere are 241 rooms all with balcony and sea view. All are double altough there is a special price for single occupancy. The check-in is from 14.00 and the check-out 12.00.All are equipped with:- full bathroom- telephone- satellite TV- air conditioning- heating- minibar- safeHM Gran Fiesta a 4* hotel, opened all year situated just in front of the beach and very closed to the airport ( 4 km), is a great option for your holidays to combine beach and city life with Palma just 10 away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HM Gran Fiesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hm Gran Fiesta Hotel Playa De Palma
- HM Gran Fiesta Majorca/Playa De Palma