The Lancaster is a hub for german youth in the summermonths, so if you are not into silly drunkenness, noise and bad behavior you might want to skip this hotel. Out of season the hotel caters for Mundp Senior, spanish pensioners on their yearly government sponsor trip. German tourists, some french and a few english.
Hotel Lancaster is situated in El Arenal- a lively area in summertime, close to airport, beach and public transportation to palma city. The hotel is in the low end of a 3star hotel, very warn out, old colours and in badly need of some fresh paint, new furniture etc. receptionarea quite small, but big recreational areas which seems quite popular with the guests. Big bar with dancefloor and big pool area.
Rooms are quite dated with old furniture, dirty walls, lightning which requires sunglasses, aircondition which drags foodsmell from the restaurant- smelled like a take away for my 10 day stay. Cleaning staff were all very friendly and helpful and provided fresh towels every day. cleaning consisted of a quick wipe of floor and emptying trashcan. I did not have any linnechange or cleaning of toilet for 10 days. bring earplugs as doors slamming all the time. Telly has 3 german, 3 english, 1 french and lots of spanish channels. remotedeposit is EUR20.
Restaurant can be quite busy at peak hours, plenty of foods to choose from and very tasty indeed. Luckily they are quite relaxed about opening hours and take into account that germans eat early and the spanish late which is very good. Restaurant and bar staff were quite friendly and helpful, some even provided a smile and asking if everything was ok- a rare thing on a 3 start hotel in spain.
A note on all-inclusive: its my first year on all-inclusive which for me is a good choice. I am not sure I understand the attitude towards people with wristband. Headwaiter does not care to serve you at all, and plates on the table are not removed- the neighbour table was and they were not AI, Coffee is served in plastic cup and are from a machine, while non-AI gets real coffee in cups, it feels like you become like a second class guest- but I did pay for it all, so I dont really understand the attitude. I dont drink alcohol so I can not comment.
The lancaster earns its 3 stars on its staff which was indeed a nice experience, with a touch up on the decor it would be a very good 3 star choice in El Arenal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THIS HOTEL IS TO BE REFURBISHED DURING WINTER 2014/2015. ADULTS ONLY (+18) Enjoy Majorca to the fullest and in comfort; this is what we offer you in the smartline Lancaster in relaxing surroundings of Playa de Palma. An ideal place to enjoy yourself with your partner or with friends both in the surroundings of the hotel, in Playa de Palma, and taking advantage of all the offers of the capital - Palma de Majorca. The smartline Lancaster*** is located on the Playa de Palma only 300 metres from the beach, 6,5 km from the airport and 12 km from the centre of Palma. The hotel disposes of 318 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe (extra charge), bath, shower, toilet. The hotel also has 1 adults' pool and offers a varied program of entertainment for adults. Nearby the hotel, in the area of Playa de Palma, you will find a great range of additional water and sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Hotel El Arenal
- Smartline Lancaster Majorca/Playa De Palma