“Nothing terrible, nothing impressive. I guess you can find something better for the price paid.”
Review of Hotel Palma Playa

Hotel Palma Playa
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Playa de Palma
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2013

On the positive side, the hotel offers varied and good food, with friendly and helpful staff, and comprehensive services (bar, swimming pool, luggage weighing scale, WiFi in lobby, luggage storage).

On the negative side, the hotel is very noisy in the summer. We had trouble sleeping every night. A large percentage of tourists are high school students or college students (mostly Germans). Usually they are accommodated in low floors .. but anyway ... it is very very noisy. Also negative is that the soap and shampoo was not replaced.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emilia_traveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Caernarfon
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The hotel was very cheap to stay at and for 3 nights, we only paid around £5 extra for breakfast for both of us. Breakfast was really catered for German visitors (most of the guests). There was pate, salami, salad, cheese, bread, boiled egg ans three hot things a day. There were potato croquettes (not spanish ones), some kind of scrambled egg with tomato in it, bacon, some sort of sausage and beans (3 different ones daily). There was also some yoghurt, fruit, cakes and cereal. The thing that we enjoyed most (and the only spanish breakfast item there) were the chololate con churros. I can't believe that no one else were eating them! They're fried donut finger things that you dip into a melted chocolate sauce. Really naughty but it doesn't matter when you'r on holiday! The coffee machine wasn't the best and the hot chocolate was awful. I'd only recommend the orange juice out of the machine. Not sure what the pineapple juice tasted of! However, we were satisfied every morning and we didn't need to stand in line for any of it.
The room was very basic. Why do they always put us in a twin? One bed was too small to share and the beds were on wheels so not very easy to stay in the centre. The room was clean and housekeeping gave us clean towels daily and made up our beds. The shower head was dodgy but it was easier for me to use it rather than complain. The hotel is a short walk from the beach but a 2.5 hours walk from Palma along the front (we did it). Bus to airport (no 21 was 2.50 Euro and back and forth to Palma wad 1.50 Euro on the 15 and 25 bus. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus from anywhere. If I cam beck to Mallorca, I would stay closer to the city to get proper spanish food. Most of the food at Playa de Palma were aimed at Germans and we wanted traditional food so ate in Palma every night. Not much to do in April on the resort but we came here to go to Palma.
So all in all, yes, you get what you pay for. No real complaints but don't expect luxury here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
BC Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is part of the Playa Group which offers basis, clean, no frill rooms at bargain prices with a European breakfast included. The location is in an excellent and quiet area, only 10 minute walk from the 'party' zone. Many good restaurants near the beach and loungers on the beach for daily rental. We were cautioned about street robberies late at night, carry only a small amount of cash and no credit cards or passport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RonBCCanada
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Read a few comments here, and yes, it's very much aimed at German tourists, but I found no problems with that. Well the whole area's aimed at Germans, most of the bars and cafes speaks German and there are a lot of them about, but hey ho, we are tourists too and I found no problems with anybody at the hotel or any of the bars around just because I spoke English and not German, and to be fair most of the people there speak at least German and English, as well as French and a few other languages, hell after all, they’re there to make money whatever languages you speak :)

The staff and service I found very helpful and friendly. I had asked for a double room, but found when I got there I got two singles pushed together. This is not usually a problem, but here they were defo 2 singles, each with its own blankets tucked in, on super smooth rollers so the slightest movements made them separate and roll to the opposite end of the room at speed, which made for an interesting first nap. But went downstairs, and we were swiftly relocated to a proper double room. I had a problem in the new room with the shower, downstairs again and they sent a bloke up pretty much straight away and showed me there was nothing wrong with the shower, just my ignorance in operating it. All done with no fuss and complete easy going atmosphere.

The bar was great, well happy hour (8-10pm) was good and cheap, music there very 80s-90s and agreeable. Didn’t go for the disco night, stayed outside enjoying the warm evening and drinks whilst bingo?? was on (in 2 languages) one night.

The food was interesting, and yes some mornings there was no beans but heck, there was hot and cold buffet, usual cereals and fruits. Evening meal was also good, plenty of food, nothing amazing but all edible. Only had 2 dinners there cause was out most nights trying other cafes and bars, which were nice without maybe, being amazing, but guess if wanted to spend more could have gone to proper foodie restaurants.

The hotel had just had a make over just before we went there, all white washed and coloured balconies, very clean and nice. Didn’t try the pool myself but some of the Germans did and from their reactions I guess it was cold, it was early March after all.

I would def recommend this hotel, for me after all it is a place to rest and change and sleep, and the showers were hot and strong, which is good. Usual room cleaned every day and towels changed as you would expect. Don’t get a cab from the airport, get a 21 bus instead, and 2.5 E per person, as opposed to about 25 E for a cab to Playa, which I did the 1st time I went to Playa.

To sum up found the hotel suited my needs, been to Playa 3 times in the last year, and this hotel I am going back to in September. Remember it’s a 3 star hotel, food not as good as a 4 star I stayed at before, but why just eat in when there are so many other places to try?

Room Tip: Get the 21 bus from the airport, no need for a cab. Ask the driver for the hotel and he'll drop...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OzT
dundee, scotland, united kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

if we were german, the service would be phenomenal, we would be made to feel welcome, we would be able to eat, (bread rolls for tea last night) was so excited to see beans this morning at breakfast.
The food is awful, thank goodness for cheese, bread and water.
THE FOOD NEEDS TO BE LABELLED!!!!
Its basically a lucky dip, you've no idea what your eating!!!
The room is clean and basic, maids are in daily.
Tv in the room would be great if you spoke german or spanish, however the only english channel is bbc world news, there is only so much news you can watch, even just a basic music channel would be great.
The best part of the hotel is between 8 pm and 10 pm, happy hour, the barman is the nicest and friendliest member of staff!!! (With the exception of the chef lady who always was pleasant, nice and always spoke) Would be great if they played current music in the bar and not just german music and as for the football, barcelona and real madrid playing and they wouldn't play the game on telly because there was a local german match on!!!
The location of the hotel is great, the bus stop is just outside and they run frequently into palma and are cheap, I would probably highly recommend the hotel if we were made to feel welcome by the staff and if we were to be catered for food wise. (when I use the word we I mean anyone not german)
I don't expect hilton standards but I do expect common courtesy and a level of standards given to each guest no matter what the nationality, our money is just as good as theres!!
So bottom line is, if you want a holiday where your surrounded by a nice hotel filled with rude people(staff and guests), if you like to be ignored, where nothing you say matters then this is certainly the place to go!!!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank tracey_west121012

Travellers are raving about these Playa de Palma hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

spent 5 days here and i would never go again
only one member of staff was friendly and that was the barman
the food was really bad lived on chips and icecream the whole time i was there at one point the bar was shut in the afternoon and could not get a drink had to use a vending machine

Room Tip: dont ask for pool view as you will not get any sun on your balcany at all
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Not much to say about this hotel, it's old dirty and noisy. We had a late flight in so decided to take this hotel as it is close to the airport.... we were only staying for about 6 hours and this hotel sounded just fine for that. We were given a very basic small room full of student dorm style furniture, everything bolted down and in need of a very good scrub. Stains on the walls and ceiling tells the story of the previous summer's fun away from the folks. Hardly slept a wink because of the yelling and noise in the corridors. I thought twice about using the bathroom but tried to imagine I was 16 again and it was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple