THB El Cid
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodes(Can Pastilla)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Roc Leo(Can Pastilla)
Hotel Playa(Can Pastilla)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Hotel Helios Mallorca(Can Pastilla)
Very Good 4/5
Sunprime Palma Beach(Can Pastilla)
  • Pool
Hotel Amic Miraflores(Can Pastilla)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Amic Gala(Can Pastilla)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Hotel Java(Playa de Palma)
Balear(Can Pastilla)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewscan pastillasea viewquick transferfree sunbedshalf boardclose to the airportperfect locationplenty of storage spacebus stopsuperior roomrooms overlookingplenty of bars and restaurantseach morningplenty of choicebreakfast dinnerspent nightsthe dining room staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week and I have chosen it because it was 4 star rated. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the overall service.

First of all, at our arrival, the person at the reception told us there was a mistake and they didn't book the room for us for the first night. The solution was to go to another hotel and come back the next day, to check in. We refused, because we had received the confirmation that everything was OK with our booking. After 1 hour of negotiations, we were finally given a room ( I guess they sent someone else to another hotel for that night). But again surprise: it was not with view to the sea, which we had specifically asked for. Going again to the reception, we were told that the view was not specified in the booking confirmation, so they didn't take commit for it. It is not a big deal, anyway we stayed for very little time in the room, but I wished I knew everything from the beginning, so that I set the right expectations.

Further, during our stay, we got dirty or torn sheets which I found really unacceptable for this hotel. In addition, you get a soap and a small bottle of shampoo only at the beginning of your stay. During one week, nobody provided us anything else for the bathroom. Lucky us we did bring it from home.... The room is OK, there is a balcony, as well, but pay attention, because it is very close to the other room's one, so your neighbours can see what you are doing in the room :) .

If you chose as well lunch / dinner at this hotel, please pay attention at the fact that the drinks are not included. You will need to buy it every time, even if it regards only a bottle of water.

As a location, it is by the sea, so it is really convenient to go to the beach every day. Please note it is in C'en Pastilla, which is really really quiet. It worths going for families only or for people who just want a very quiet holiday. Another disadvantage would be that restaurants open late in the morning and get closed by 12 in the night, so you may have some problems if you don't eat at the hotel.

Finally, I wished the hotel reception gave us a map or some tips on what to do on the island or other trips they organize to the main points of attraction. It is something commom for all hotels that value their customers.

All in all, I didn't feel comfortable here and I think that for a 4 star hotel te service is very poor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Kris_kris7
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My roommate and I enjoyed the food, shows and the beautiful view from our balcony. It was so nice to simply walk across to the beach during our 7 day stay. The staff was always helpful and attentive to our request. I have nothing negative to say. I had a great time and I will definitely return to EL CID.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank Zsadj
Reviewed 30 July 2011

It is an OK hotel. I expect a beautiful room but it was not. The location is very nice hotel two steps from the beach. The food is good and the belsig both morning and evening. In terms of cleanliness is impeccable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AndreiGovoreanu
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Just back from a 3 day break at this hotel and generally found it to be a good holiday hotel and would definitely use it again. It is 5 minutes from the airport on the 21 bus forjust over a Euro and the stop you need is helpfully called 'Hotel El Cid'. It is right on the beach and this end of Playa De Palma is probably the nicest end being more geared to families and the over 35s and had a nice feeling of being used by the local Spanish population. Everyone came out on Saturday night for a promenade along the sea front and the beach and hotel were used by local familes on the Sunday. We used the 25 bus to get into Palma for the same minimal fare and can highly recommend a day or evening in this truly beautiful city.

The hotel food was perfectly adequate, not haute cuisine, but plentiful with lots of choice though could have done with a little more in the salad selection but then I do like a bit of cucumber with my salad. Drinks were all at a reasonable price and the pool food was also good value. Two swimmining pools which meant neither got too busy and plenty of sunbeds. Hotel staff all charming and helpful and any requests we made were dealt with efficiently.

Our only real fault with the hotel is that the beds are incredibly hard, probably the hardest beds I have ever encountered and this is the reason I gave the hotel 4 stars and not 5.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Fliss1963
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I actually stayed in a hotel down the road (Hotel Roc Leo, which I would recommend) but most of the group I was traveling with was in this hotel. While the rooms were nice and my friends had a nice view of the ocean plus a large balcony, the night manager was utterly ridiculous. Our group does our best to respect other guests and my friends even went out of there way to talk to their neighbors in the hotel to let them know they'd have guests over and if we were too loud to just let us know. The first night we got there we met at one of the rooms and hung out for about 20 minutes before heading out to dinner. Right around the time we were getting ready to leave the night manager came to the room and literally, yes LITERALLY, chased us from the hotel...we actually went down the fire escape just to get away from him. There was no warning, we just opened the door, told the manager we were getting ready to leave and before we even had a chance to gather everyone and put on our shoes we all got chased out. My friends talked to the day manager the next day and asked him what the issue was and if they had any complaints about us...but he had no clue what happened and apologized for the mix up.

However it did not end there...the second night we went to pick them up for dinner and the manager was standing in the hallway waiting for us and wouldn't even let us knock on their door to tell them that we were there and ready to go. Finally, on the third night they actually locked the paying guests out of the hotel and made them stand outside for 15 minutes supposedly checking the reservation system. After watching the night manager sit at the desk staring at them, they knocked on the door again and he acted like he was doing some sort of favor for letting their paying, perfectly calm guests into the hotel...literally, they were just trying to go to bed.

Not our cup of tea, but I suppose some may like this type of security...just be careful about staying here if you ever plan to stay up past 9 pm.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends