This was the last lag to a girls Euro Trip. My best friend and I decided to end our Euro trip in a nice relaxing location and go home with a tan. I do not think we did not enough research as this is not what we were expecting at all. The title to this post is a quote from one of the many Germans we spoke to, though after researching I found that are already 16 states so is Mallorca the '17th'?!
In my opinion, the hotel deserves a 3 star rating. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I felt the hotel was trying to modernize but had only completed certain features. The bathroom in our room was newer, new pictures, and flat screen LG TV. However, the furniture and carpeting was old looking and made the room seem very dark without the curtains drawn open. We paid for half board, breakfast only. This is my recommendation so guests are able to venture outside and explore the Spanish eateries (in Palma). Breakfast was buffet style, and had a nice assortment for all cultures I believe.
If you are looking to go on a 'college spring break' type vacation and between the ages of 16-40+ and sing and dance native german songs all day & night, Playa de Palma is the place for you. I am all for country pride, however, being woken up at 2AM, 4AM, 5AM and yes even 8AM to drunk men singing german songs outside the hotel is by no means a place for a family with children or anyone looking for a relaxing quiet vacation.
African sellers on the beach BEWARE, as they are persistent and travelers know this, my friend got hit in the face by a fake LV bag after we told one we did not want to purchase.
The Chinese "massagey?" people on the beach may be annoying but 5 euros for a 10 minute massage is well worth it, if you bargain you may be able to get them down even further.
With all the craziness and drunken germans, Playa de Palma is overall safe - police are around and there is security in the hotel.
As beach lovers, my friend and I paid to sit on the beach for the 4 days we stayed, 16.05Euro for 2 chairs and an umbrella. Floats were inexpensive as well and sold at the local store for 4euros, well worth it to relax in the beautiful warm water.
Buy all water and drinks at the local euro store they even have snacks, very reasonably priced.
Bus station is one or two hotels over (about 1 block away). Bus ride into Palma is 1.50Euros each way and about 20 mins there and 30 mins back. Palma is a beautiful, historic city with many nice Tapas restaurants to eat at. Highly suggest going in every night and pay a visit to the Cathedral.
Airport is about 15 mins away, 15-20Euros each way depending on time of day.
As said in other reviews if this hotel was picked up and moved to another location I would probably visit again. However, if Mallorca is a destination of choice for the future, I will NOT be staying in Playa de Palma.
And to end on a german note: OLAY!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Playa Golf, in Playa de Palma, Mallorca, offers its clients all of the services necessary to make their stay as pleasant as possible.It has three swimming pools, one of which is heated, an aquatic toboggan, solarium terrace, fitness machines, Spa & Wellness, tennis courts, beach tennis, mini-golf surrounded by a pretty garden, cyclist centre, events and meetings centre, a Buffet restaurant where you can enjoy the best gastronomy of the island, and three cafeterias with different atmospheres.And above all, good service and familiar and cordial treatment are our priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Golf Hotel Playa De Palma
- Playa Hotel De Palma
- Playa Golf Majorca/Playa De Palma