“All-round good place to stay”

Palma Bay Club Resort
Ranked #67 of 77 Hotels in Playa de Palma
London, United Kingdom
“All-round good place to stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel had nice pools, decent enough rooms & the food was not bad with plenty of healthy options to choose from. The atmosphere was lively without being too full on. The location just up from the main beach is perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex W
bayhotels15, Gerente at Palma Bay Club Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear customer
Thanks you very much for your comments , all the Palma Bay Club team work every day to deliver the best quality and service for our guest .

We are delighted you have enjoyed your holiday experience with us I would like to see you soon .

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

It's a 3 star resort with better than average amenities and food. There's enough to do all day for kids and families alike as the kiddy club staff are amazing and work tirelessly all day to take your kids off your hands without being too pushy. Food is great with a choice of junk and healthy eating which is on a week long loop so if you stay for 2 weeks you'll be eating the same stuff again. It's 15 minutes from the airport and taxis are cheap. We loved it as I've said there is as much or as little as you want to do and the weather was fab all week. My negatives were the room, which was tiny for 2 adults and 2 kids but we only slept in it anyway. If you don't get on with other nationalities do not go as the British are a minority with loads of Spanish and German 20 somethings making a little to much noise in the early hours but would be far worse if there were more British.
Over all its good value, clean and easy to get to and you'll struggle to find better on a budget. The beer comes in tiny cups but stopped me drinking too much so didn't really mind that either.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Paul0314
Dear customer

Spanish law forbid the use of any glass outside the hotel , that is the reason why we must serve the drinks outside in plastic .

The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were hesitant through all the negative reviews beforehand. Our arrival in the middle of the night was not very promising, long incheck-row with unfriendly reception staff and our key did not work (4 times for 10 days.).

Our familyroom in building Habana was big and everything you need was there. We haven't seen a cockroach in the complex. Every day the beds were made and we had clean towels.

We had so much fun with the waiter, senor Juan, in the restaurant and found the food was more than enough. Every day different meat, fish and vegetarian, rice, potatoes, pasta and chips, salads, fruit and an extensive dessert buffet. At noon unlimited pizza and BBQ, and fried snacks throughout the day.

Location is perfect, near the beach. Pools, playground, carousel and children's disco. Beautifully Mallorca, lovely weather. Our girls enjoyed loved is, and so did we.

People who complain about a bit of dirt or long queues, should remember that it is a 3 * acco. Then pay € 1000, - extra and go to RUI.

2 Thank Inge J
Dear customer

We do apologize for the room key malfunction inconvenience , cards sometimes become wrong being near of mobile phones or other electronically devices .

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have just returned from Palma Bay Club Resort. We stayed in the Acapulko building which was basic but clean. Air conditioning worked well. We were a little worried when we arrived as our room was directly above the main bar area. However, since the bar shut at 11pm we weren't disturbed by any noise.
Our boys, aged 6 and 4 had a brilliant time. It was big enough to keep them entertained, with a choice of 4 pools. Lots of other children of different nationalities for them to play with. The kids club looked great but our children didn't attend.
The food was great. Lots of choice, very fresh and tasty. We booked the Oriental restaurant on the complex for the last night. Nice surroundings, the food was ok.
Around the area there isn't much nice to look at, a bit run down. The beach was really nice and within easy reach. Went to Aqualand which was amazing.
All in all, we had a great time. It is a 3 star and some parts are a bit tired but we thought it was good value for money.

2 Thank Fiona M
bayhotels15, Gerente at Palma Bay Club Resort, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear customer,
On behalf of the Palma Bay Club team , I would liker to thank for your comments .

We dedeliver a great product with services and facilities for all , trying to pleased a large variety of ages, nationalities , tastes etc which it is ver hard , but we are delighted you have enjoy your holidays with us , making a good time of it.

best regards
Moreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This review is primarily designed to clear up a point of confusion between what is the main hotel complex and the additional annex's that the hotel owns.

The Sahara, Gobi and Nubia buildings are 'around the corner' from the main hotel complex and are officially two star rated. They appear to be formerly derelict building and have obviously been added as an additional capacity to the hotels primary complex.
The holiday company I booked with advertised this deal as three star even though they knew exactly where they had booked for us. The hotel are up front though, they say the main buildings are three star and the annex's two star. As far as two starts go though, they are pretty decent. Air conditioning, daily maid service, balcony and television all included.

The main complex of the Palma Bay Club Resort includes several pools, bars and restaurants and is accessible to all guests despite your wristband category. The pools (whilst crowded in high season) are fine, the bars (whilst restrictive with alcohol - two beers or spirits per visit) operate well with unlimited soft drinks/tea, coffee etc available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served at set times everyday with plenty to choose from and food of good quality. In between meals times the hotel run a snack bar with chips/burgers and a BBQ/Pizza stand - all decent.

Staff are mostly friendly working in difficult circumstances providing for a huge number of guests.

The resort itself is what I would describe as 'the German Magaluf' with lots of bars/clubs on the main promenade area. Having said that, I found the German youth's respectful but they are obviously there for a good time so it can get quite loud and I wouldnt say this is a particulary good hotel for families overall.

In summary, the Sahara building was fine and I can only assume the negative reviewers expected a miracle for their money or were unfortunate with personal experiences.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank rigby44
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a good value for money place stay. We had 4 children, 3 x 11 year old boys and 1 x 15 year old. They had lots of fun in the pools and could move around freely from pool to pool. The beach is an easy 5 minute walk away, which was great.
The food was plentiful and different choices each night. we certainly had our money's worth with all the food the boys ate.
The staff were all friendly despite being very busy, the bar staff were particularly happy people, despite serving drinks for hours and hours.
I would recommend the aqua gym, it was really good fun
The rooms are basic but you only sleep in them so no need for anything more.
Couple of downsides, there was never enough seating at the outside bar in the evening and the evening entertainment was inside rather than on the outside stage. The outside stage wasn't used at all, so not sure why it was there.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the main complex and not in one of the hotels across the road
3 Thank JM2502
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from a last minute get away and to be honest wont be going back.arrived Monday morning very tired early flight to be told problems with room so they had to put us in another hotel till nxt day( Mediterranean bay) which was fantastic wish we cud of stayed there because if id have known what sort of place I was going to end up staying in I wud have got on a plane straight back home. When we got back to reception the nxt day having been told to be out the room by 11am.they told us we could not be in our room till 2pm so they put wrists bands on us and told us we wud be staying in the acapulco building so we dragged our luggage down the hill left our stuff in a room and took a look round, well I did my partner didnt want no he wanted to cum home there and then, we was told it was a quite resorts and it would be ideal for us, as we just wanted to relax and have a quite break, omg that was far from it, screaming kids, loads of young groups of lad (Germans mainly) and groups of young girls, couldn't get by the pool for young kids teenaged kids, I got woken up every morning from banging doors and kids shouting and singing, bathroom was a joke because the toliet was behind the door and the shelf was cut funny very dangerous tbh I catch my side on it a number of times. Food was .... got very boring.no reception in our block so had to keep walkin up to main building, small hole in ceiling by shower, dont think sheets or towel's were every changed just made to look like had been.nothing for couples just a kids club, so it was dinner and then up to our room because didnt want to keep walking down hill to beach due to partner suffers with swollen ankles thats why we wanted a relaxing holiday.had to pay €15 each for wifi.which tbh was a waste of money, when 2pm came I had to go bk to reception and told I was staying in the habana block so had to change my wrist band again , but then had to go bk to get my partner to get hes changed, finally got to our room to find 3 beds so I walked bk up to reception to ask why a couple wud want 3 beds in which I was basically told stop moaning cus u should really be in the either the nubia, sahara, gobi.so I said ok if ive got 3 beds and paid for a 2 dont care ive had enough now just wanted to get in a room, I did ask if I cud go bk to the other hotel and stay there I was told no they need the room, its like wen i asked if they knew wat time i was going to get my shuttle to take us to airport I was told dont no departure book is over there look in there, I did and my name wasnt in there so wen I asked how to use there pay fone nobody seem to show a interest and at one point left me standing at the desk on my own, then trying to do it myself, I managed to get help off one of them wen I asked wat code do I put in to use pay fone. I finally sorted my pick up out with no thanks to anyone at the reception. So all in all worst holiday, just felt that the staff thought more important to keep there german guess happy then any of the others and the fact we havent had a holiday in 13 years and it was a bit of rush rush due to waiting for passports and my fixed holidays, but for paying over a grand for 2 adults all inclusive I would have loved a better holiday and not been lied to by teletext holidays wen I made the booking, yes yes u will love it its quite and ideal for u, yeah right hope he got he's bonus. Defo wont be returning, wudnt recommend it to couples who want a quite and relaxing holiday. It's a place just for young kids to get drunk and mess about.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

#7 of 77 in Playa de Palma
Blue Bay Hotel
Blue Bay Hotel
#4 of 5 in Cala Major

Been to Palma Bay Club Resort? Share your experiences!