“Great Barbequed Food”

Can Torrat
Price range: US$25 - US$37
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Don't go to this restaurant if you don't like meat. No fish on the menu! Really good quality bbq food cooked over a huge wood burning oven. Service was efficient and friendly although it was very busy.
Chips are great. This is wholesome comfort food. Don't go if a sophisticated night out is required. 40euros a head with sangria and beer.
Full of local people, so book just in case.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great atmosphere top notch food excellent value. There lamb chops are to die for. It's true veggies are doomed. I will definitely recommend this.100% overall.

1  Thank Fooooooooooooooody
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the restaurant yesterday after discovering it by accident (we went in to Portixol first - don't go there unless you've re mortgaged your house).

First impressions were great, lovely setting, great smells and a huge open BBQ for the meat. But we were pretty much ignored as we stood waiting for someone to acknowledge us. We were eventually impatiently ushered to a table and forgotten about for about 15 mins. I eventually had to ask for a menu, then had to ask to order drinks, then had to ask to order food. Our waiter was literally the worst waiter in the entire world. Ever. It was actually comical. It is the only time I've ever been to a restaurant and I've not tipped.

Luckily the food is superb, despite the waiter getting the order back to front (I got a medium-well T bone and the wife got a rare entrecôte that we had to send back), the steak was fantastic and the chips and salad were amazing. The menu is very basic - no sides to choose from, but what you get is reasonably priced and very good, and the steaks are huge.

Bottom line is, if you don't care about service and you want a great steak, go here.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are into meat, this is your place. They have a huge wooden grill, and they slow cook all different types of meat. It is pricey, but the quality is great. They also serve a delicious combination of peppers and french fries. However, if you are not in the mood for meat, you are doomed. They have almost no alternatives. I ended up paying 9€ for a regular salad. Not too many options for kids. Service were nice, not overwhelming (they seemed forced or not expressively happy to have us there).

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have been going to Mallorca for 25 years and this is the best place to have a meal as a treat. We go every year and have never been disappointed. The steaks are superb and always cooked to your liking. My husband is a great meat eater and he thinks these are the best steaks he has ever eaten - unfortunately can no longer manage the T-Bone!!! I have fillet and it is twice the size of the usual British portion so extras are not really needed!!! You can also get a half bottle of good quality wine which is not always the case in many restaurants. The puddings - if you can manage one - are also fantastic and a variety of choices. We would recommend this for everyone who likes meat.