“Fraud and corrup staff, poor management”

Dua Continental Hotel
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Nagpur
Indore, India
“Fraud and corrup staff, poor management”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I with my family was travelling to Nagpur for first time with my friends family to attend wedding function, and selected DUA Hotel as my friend booked it from justdial.com on last moment and was told they had a special discount for justdial customers.We stayed there for 2 days 13-14june13
They quote a very high rate and discount it almost 40-50% to fool people.
The experience we had was very very bad.
1)Location : ok but lots of automobile shops and very noisy road. Could hear the vehicle noise whole night. 2)The promised free WIFI is only at the reception and not in the rooms. They dont say that in the advertising or while booking the room . Not convenient bcos if you have to do internet online you have to go down stairs.
3) Room : Newly done but horrible. Stinky rooms, smells of cigarettes smoke.Towels stink. Dirty and stained bed sheets and blankets also smelly. The window cant be closed and locked. So the noise, dust, and also risk of mosquitoes to eat you all night Moisture/ water seeping from the bathroom to the bedroom. Smells dingy when you enter the room , then obviously you get used to it. No hot water in the shower.They tell you it will come after some water passes by , so we waited for long after wasting a lot of water we realized that there was no hot water.
4)They charge high rates for the very basic amenities and services.
5)Horrible behavior of the staff , RUDE AND DISGUSTING. You Have To Request And Beg Their Staff To Come & Do a job for you , like asking them to bring a simple toilet paper which you will get after a long wait. Seems they want money and tips for all little things they do.
6)So called complimentary breakfast is a joke, no quality and only 1 sandwich in breakfast with tea which was luckily good. Rather not have breakfast.
I will not pay more than 1500/- for such a hotel in my city Indore
Do not be fooled by reviews or photographs This hotel is NIGHTMARE
Chetan Vishwas-Indore
Date :24Jun2013

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ChetanVishwas

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Went on a official trip to Nagpur for 3 days and stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. Booked the standard Exec. Ac room via. MakemyTrip website..and "mark my words" It was a WIN WIN for me. I got a good hotel to stay at a very reasonable rate...which served my purpose. Hotel is at nice and convenient location...hardly 2-3 kms from railway station. The staff was co-operative and HONEST. There was a problem in my room allotted to me earlier...which one of the staff himself identified and asked to accommodate me in another room...though the problem looked negligible to me. Another thing that impressed me was the breakfast...whatever I ordered...always a fruit accompanied it..which of course made me feel happy and healthy...apart from that...I did found few very basic items in their menu which were far too expensive. So on an overall basis....I am a satisfied customer..and for sure gonna stay here next time I visit Nagpur...and last but not the least...I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dua Continental H, General Manager at Dua Continental Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time out to give us your feedback.

We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us & were satisfied with our services. It is very encouraging for our team that our customers return happy.

We look forward to serve you in future.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Hotel location is good, The staff is helpful in getting you taxis and local information. Rooms are small. Cleanliness is good. Rom service is OK. Restaurant starts only in the night. Othet times room service is available.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dua Continental H, Owner at Dua Continental Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Hello Mr. Prashant,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Hope to serve you again whenever you are in Nagpur.

Management
HDC
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Its well located in the heart the city - railway station and the shopping areas near by.
I had pre-booked an airport pickup and the man was there on time and called me the moment my flight landed. The vehicle was neat & clean.
The rooms were clean and just right for all ones basic needs. Staff were friendly. I had an upset stomach after eating some spicy food in Nagpur (outside the hotel) and had requested Room Service to send me some plain rice and simple easy-on-the stomach food and I got just that, in less than 10 minutes. Must say Room Service is very PROMPT. Food gets delivered in less than 5-10 minutes. Never had such quick service even in a 5 star hotel!!!
I had stayed in room 303. Just a slight traffic noise, which is actually not a bother. I wish the TV in my room was larger. My experience staying with the hotel was good - no complains at all.Neat, Clean and value for money. Don't expect great views from the hotel rooms. Its conveniently located in the city and worth your money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dua Continental H, Manager at Dua Continental Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Mariome,

Thank you for taking time out to give us your feedback.

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with our services. It is indeed encouraging for our Management staff too.

We look forward to host you in future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My impressions are very positive about this hotel! I will list a few points:
1. staff (at the Reception and servants) are very caring and responsive.
2. Any orders (transportation, food, etc.) provided very quickly - you do not have almost to wait
3. very clean linens
4. in the shower is really hot water - not warm
In similar hotels in New Delli I have not seen such quality.

Konstantin

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Konstantin111
Dua Continental H, Owner at Dua Continental Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to give us your feedback.

Hope to see you in the future soon.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed here during visits to Nagpur for some cases in Nagpur High court. My client booked this hotel because it was closer to Nagpur high court civil lines. My stay was just for a day but we were horrified by the room given to me by the hotel.It was not clean and the wash room had a bad odour probably some leakage in the plumbing system and the smell was un-bearable. There is no ventilation from where we could get some fresh air.
I asked them to change us to another room but they refused arrogantly. They just sprayed some room freshner which had the effect for a few hours and then the odour was just the same.
We were unable to change the hotel as my client had already paid for the room.
It was even disgusting when we got the breakfast after almost 45mins long wait. By the time we had the breakfast in the room it was time for us to leave for our work and we rushed out without a breakfast.
We paid nearly 2700-2800 for the room which was not worth the price paid.

Room Tip: Do not book the standard rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AdvocateShetty

Travellers are raving about these Nagpur hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here for 2days when i went to Nagpur for england vs india cricket match. I was booked here by an indian friend.I was not happy with the breakfasst they offered and when i asked just for fruits instead i was told i will be charged for it.I do not understand if complimentary breakfast is given why should i pay for it.
Also the room was small and not clean.The staff was ok but i felt not professional.They say it is complimentary wi-fi but it did not work.I was shifted by the officials to hotel pride being close to the cricket stadium, where i continued to stay later although not much happy with the hotels of this city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo