“Second Visit”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mexborough
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Second Visit”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On arrival the two girls on reception were helpful and friendly, both full of chat and smiling. Always makes a difference. Second visit and wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and well aired It was a bit too warm, due to the weather, could do with air con, but it is Britain and can't expect too many hot days. Had a beer at the bar waiting to take me to a local curry house. The bar staff were a bit slow, even though there were no other customers! Breakfast was good and ample for me me, buffet service.
Good little hotel, Mexborough is a bit rough and ready went for a few pints on my own, some of the women were harder looking than the men.
On both occasions the staff have been great and the rooms adequate for a night away on business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
devon
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A lovely comfortable hotel, staff very friendly and polite. The room did lack natural light but as I was only there for one nite it didnt bother me too much. Nice peaceful location with well kept grounds and ample parking. We did have dinner across from the hotel and was well presented. the breakfast was lovely and tasty. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Attended Reeds Fine Dining twice in one week as it was my birthday and we wanted to go somewhere nice to eat. The weekday menu was very good value for money at £5 for starter or dessert and £10 main. However our Saturday night visit was very disappointing.

We selected the three courses for twenty odd pounds option so needed to select three courses.
- starter ordered by my friend not available, had to choose another.
- orders taken but then two main courses not available. Fair point if isolated but ...
- ordered desserts, two of the four choices not available (again found out after ordering, not when menus were presented). We asked if there was anything alternative not on the menu as there were only two choices left but there wasn't anything other than mixed fruit.
- two of our four changed their order to rhubarb trifle. Looked lovely with it came but when they got to the fruit it was frozen. reported it staff who were very apologetic and said they'd replace them. Came back and said it'll be a few minutes as the chef is making them from scratch. Then she returned again to say that the others were all frozen! Great. No dessert for anyone.
- final disappointment, because we eat here on a regular basis we have a taste card. But when I presented this when asking for the bill I was told I couldn't use it to get the usual 50% discount because we hadn't had the three course deal! Seriously disappointed as we each ordered three courses but there was a main unavailable and two desserts so they weren't able to provide the 3 courses.
To be fair the girl serving was very apologetic and did deduct the cost of one main, but overall the experience was a huge disappointment for my birthday meal, will not be returning for some time. We ended up over the road at the pastures for ice cream for dessert, i think that says it all. :-(

• Stayed May 2014
Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reeds restaurant is now a separate business from Pastures Lodge Hotel although it is owned by the the owners of the Pastures Lodge. I was unfortunate enough today to speak to Luke who is now in charge of Reeds restaurant, he lacks even the very basics of customer service and politeness. He speaks so fast as to be unintelligible, he is rude, abrupt and brusque. I can't comment on the food as I haven't eaten there, nor will I be doing because if the staff are pleasant and efficient, they will be so only in spite of the manager, not because of him. I wanted to pay for fine dining for 6 people for my forthcoming birthday and stay at the Pastures Lodge overnight - a booking of 3 rooms. I won't be doing either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matilde_7
Surrey
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Sited between a part built housing estate and industrial units this hotel has a decent spacious car park. Rooms are clean but lack natural light. There is hardly any traffic noise. Breakfast was decent and the waitresses were efficient and friendly. Good choice for business stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Warrington
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Pastures hotel in Mexborough and was pleased overall with this hotel, I thought it was clean & comfortable and value for money. I would definitely stay here again. The staff were helpful. I ate in the bar and although it was by no means fine dining the food was ok for the money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent in all respects. Great welcome even though we arrived late in the evening. Lots of space to park. Comfy bed. Spotlessly clean room. My partner had breakfast included and I sat with him and was offered both breakfast and a hot drink. The morning staff were equally friendly and helpful and contributed to making our stay very pleasant. We were only there for one night but I would come back - especially if there were a special offer as the price was higher than I normally pay. Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VivienneLafferty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexborough
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster
Premier Inn Doncaster (Lakeside) Hotel
Premier Inn Barnsley (Dearne Valley) Hotel

Been to Best Western PLUS Pastures Hotel? Share your experiences!