Best Western PLUS Pastures Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
US$60
US$91
US$88
Stonecroft Hotel(Rotherham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubcar parkleisure centrebreakfast staffself servicebed was very comfortablethe ground floorsky sportslady on receptiontwo night staylarge tvexcellent breakfasthotel is lovelyplenty of parkinggood sizefull englishbuffet style
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my partner for the one night whilst at a wedding. we were able to check in early with ease which was a great bonus as meant we didn't have to worry about this during the day. the room itself was clean and ideal for our needs. was a good nights sleep despite not getting in the room until 2.30am whilst some of the party was still in the bar all staff were in great spirits. the breakfast was great and just what was needed after the night before. great stay and would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On arrival the two girls on reception were helpful and friendly, both full of chat and smiling. Always makes a difference. Second visit and wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and well aired It was a bit too warm, due to the weather, could do with air con, but it is Britain and can't expect too many hot days. Had a beer at the bar waiting to take me to a local curry house. The bar staff were a bit slow, even though there were no other customers! Breakfast was good and ample for me me, buffet service.
Good little hotel, Mexborough is a bit rough and ready went for a few pints on my own, some of the women were harder looking than the men.
On both occasions the staff have been great and the rooms adequate for a night away on business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A lovely comfortable hotel, staff very friendly and polite. The room did lack natural light but as I was only there for one nite it didnt bother me too much. Nice peaceful location with well kept grounds and ample parking. We did have dinner across from the hotel and was well presented. the breakfast was lovely and tasty. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Attended Reeds Fine Dining twice in one week as it was my birthday and we wanted to go somewhere nice to eat. The weekday menu was very good value for money at £5 for starter or dessert and £10 main. However our Saturday night visit was very disappointing.

We selected the three courses for twenty odd pounds option so needed to select three courses.
- starter ordered by my friend not available, had to choose another.
- orders taken but then two main courses not available. Fair point if isolated but ...
- ordered desserts, two of the four choices not available (again found out after ordering, not when menus were presented). We asked if there was anything alternative not on the menu as there were only two choices left but there wasn't anything other than mixed fruit.
- two of our four changed their order to rhubarb trifle. Looked lovely with it came but when they got to the fruit it was frozen. reported it staff who were very apologetic and said they'd replace them. Came back and said it'll be a few minutes as the chef is making them from scratch. Then she returned again to say that the others were all frozen! Great. No dessert for anyone.
- final disappointment, because we eat here on a regular basis we have a taste card. But when I presented this when asking for the bill I was told I couldn't use it to get the usual 50% discount because we hadn't had the three course deal! Seriously disappointed as we each ordered three courses but there was a main unavailable and two desserts so they weren't able to provide the 3 courses.
To be fair the girl serving was very apologetic and did deduct the cost of one main, but overall the experience was a huge disappointment for my birthday meal, will not be returning for some time. We ended up over the road at the pastures for ice cream for dessert, i think that says it all. :-(

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reeds restaurant is now a separate business from Pastures Lodge Hotel although it is owned by the the owners of the Pastures Lodge. I was unfortunate enough today to speak to Luke who is now in charge of Reeds restaurant, he lacks even the very basics of customer service and politeness. He speaks so fast as to be unintelligible, he is rude, abrupt and brusque. I can't comment on the food as I haven't eaten there, nor will I be doing because if the staff are pleasant and efficient, they will be so only in spite of the manager, not because of him. I wanted to pay for fine dining for 6 people for my forthcoming birthday and stay at the Pastures Lodge overnight - a booking of 3 rooms. I won't be doing either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends