“Miss it already!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Whitchurch B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Miss it already!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was lucky enough to spend 3 nights for a wedding locally and I was desperate not to leave. I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere quite like this, Pam and Richard are possibly the most hospitable hosts. Rooms were gorgeous and cosy. Food all delicious. It really did feel like home, except it was far nicer than home. I really hope I can come back one day, even just for one of Pam's chocolate cupcakes which were some I the nicest I've ever had. It's really been an absolute treat, thank you both so much!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for long weekend with family and friends. Perfect accommodation, nothing too much trouble for Pamela & Richard from welcoming tea & cakes on our arrival to restaurant recommendations. Rooms beautifully appointed with fabulous bathrooms complete with Molton & Brown toiletries. As for the breakfasts, from the wonderful fresh fruit to the home cooked food, the only thing complaining was my waistline!!! Can't recommend one thing - all delicious.

Room Tip: Every room is delightful and well appointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Moreton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I were attending a wedding locally and were looking for a place to stay. We’d been given some ideas for places to stay but we eventually settled on this lodge from looking at the website.

The lodge itself is in a beautiful location, set back off the main road but close enough to get about locally. As you drive up it looks like someone’s mansion, not a B+B. A very classy place to look at outside. I travel quite a bit and am often put up in “faceless” hotels, travelodges, premier inn etc, you could be anywhere, in any city so when I am away for myself, I much prefer to go to places with a bit of personality and soul. The lodge is definitely that.

We arrived early and met the couple who owned the place, a lovely family couple who were chatty and helpful with their knowledge of the local area and were happy to help in any way possible. There had been a problem with our booking agent and Pam was apologetic at this, even though in no way was she responsible for the error, this didn’t stop them giving us a complimentary bottle of proscecco by way of an apology (again, it wasn’t her mistake but they did this anyway).

We were taken to our lodge which can only be described in one word “stunning”. Beautiful bed, complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, water, wifi, even a cupcake for a late night snack, wonderful personal touches. We had a spiral staircase in our room to lead to the bathroom upstairs with a wonderful free standing bath, walk in shower, twin sinks, complimentary toiletries (bed head, molton brown) and his and hers bathrobes. Again, personal touches you would not get in a branded hotel.

Again, when I am talking about personal services, anything you have forgotten they will do their level best to provide, of all things I had forgotten a bottle opener. Again, I asked at the lodge and even though they were eating their dinner at the time with the family, they were more than accommodating (I felt awful for disturbing them).

A word of warning to non animal lovers though (of which I am not one of them) but the lodge is in open land, so don’t be surprised to see peacocks, cats and the family dog while here. I love that touch as again its personal and I am a big animal lover but, if you are not so inclined this is a word of warning.

Food the next day was fabulous a real hearty breakfast with a massive choice of cereals, papers to read etc.

I really can’t fault this place at all, Pam and Richard really made our weekend stay wonderful and I can’t thank them enough. Would I stay here again? The only reason why we went to the area was the wedding so I would say we would probably have no need to but would I recommend this place to others? Absolutely.

This was in probably my top five places I have ever stayed in and I would say to anyone looking to stay in this area to head here first. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Garden Suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grawham1975
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to attend a wedding nearby. The rooms were finished to a high quality, with great furnishings and extras such as cake, toiletries etc.. Everything you would need and more. The welcome was top notch and the owners provided all the help and information we could need.

We would highly recommend Willington lodge and would go back again...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James S
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Willington Lodge over the bank holiday weekend in May. The location was absolutely idyllic. We stayed in the Walled Garden suite which was designed beautifully. The room and upstairs bathroom really impressed. We also got a massive private garden to ourselves (only shared with the resident peacocks and chickens which were a delight!). We received an extremely warm and personal welcome from the owners along with a drink and cake on arrival. We couldn't have asked for more. We had an amazing stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Xashyx
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the gorgeous Willington Lodge with some friends for one night. We were greeted by Pam & Richard a lovely, very hospitable couple, that made us feel right at home. I was in ore of their beautiful home and Pam's great eye for decour and interior. We were recommended a lovely place to eat and they kindly looked after our dog whilst we were out. I could'nt believe I hadn't found this special place already as I only live 20 minutes away. The breakfast... WOW!! We will 100% be returning!! Thankyou Pam & Richard!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chazzybe123
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We arrived at beautiful Willington Lodge. A lovely welcome from Pam and Richard. It was just so beautiful and they were just a lovely couple. They made us feel at ease so quickly. It is luxury at its best. Pick had a little dog Jessie and they looked after her while we went out to dinner. Recommending a very good eating house and arranging a taxi. The rooms were luxurious and we had connecting rooms with our other 2 friends and also a private garden area for us to sit in and let the dog run around. We woke in the morning to a wonderful 5 Star breakfast. Pam I thank you it was superb. We will be coming back. You're welcome was fantastic. Your home is a treat to stay in.

Room Tip: All wonderful. Could not fault it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank christine c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitchurch
Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Sweeney Hall Hotel
Sweeney Hall Hotel
#3 of 6 in Oswestry

Been to Willington Lodge? Share your experiences!