Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
US$214
US$126
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
US$122
Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel(Nantwich)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,511 results
All reviewsrelaxation roommacdonald hill valleypro shoppatio doorsset menuafternoon teasauna and steam roomchanging roomslovely hotelblack puddingcooked breakfastbreakfast and dinnerrestaurant staffbirthday treatlovely settingrelaxing breakfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel 5 times and stayed for one or two nights.
This time we stayed for just the day on an Afternoon Tea package.
Cant fault it. Lovely staff. Lovely Spa. Nice and clean. Lovely massage and afternoon tea was very nice. The relaxation room is so relaxing that I nearly fell asleep. Give it a try you will be pleased.

• Stayed: May 2014
GMHV, General Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear wacka8

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, it's good to read such positive comments following your Spa Day.

We look forward to welcoming you for stay 6!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

What a great time we had at your hotel last Night "Swing Night with Alan Cross" Lovely welcoming staff !!! Lovely meal !!! Best night out we have had in a long while. If you are having another night of entertainment we will definitely be there !!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMHV, General Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Paulinep2

Thank you for posting such wonderful comments following the Tribute Swing Night at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel - we are delighted that you enjoyed your evening.

We have an exciting programme of Tribute Nights planned, if you contact me via email at gm.hillvalley@macdonald-hotels.co.uk i'll be more than happy to discuss them with you.

Once again, many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Swing night with Alan Cross was brilliant, he was excellant, all the staff were fabulous, a special mention to Christina who was superb, many more nights like this. Meal was very good. Here is to many more.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Covktail1

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your visit to Macdonald Hill Valley and Alans Swing Night. We are delighted you enjoyed your evening.

We have a full calender of Tribute Nights forthcoming and if you would like to contact me on gm.hillvalley@macdonald-hotels.co.uk I would be delighted to discuss them with you.

Once again, many thanks, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

A fantastic night, Alan's live show was entertaining with not only wonderful songs but humour. He sang all the greats with style. The 3 course meal finished off the evening in lovely surroundings. This is a new venture for the golf club and I think it was a huge success.

Room Tip: This was an event organised by the hotel. The function rooms were of a high standard. I would consider going to another event organised here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GMHV, General Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Jenspen59

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your visit to our Swing Night at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel. We are all delighted that you enjoyed the evening, Alan is fantastic and we have received rave reviews about the night.

I have been sat with my team today planning future Tribute Nights as this is something we will be promoting every month.

If you would like to email me on gm.hillvalley@macdonald-hotels.co.uk I will discuss the exciting acts we have coming very soon!

Once again, many thanks for your kind words and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind regards, Marc Smith

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hotel itself and staff were excellent. The bar prices we all felt were far too extortionate.

However there were not enough staff on in the morning to cope with the breakfasts. Only two staff to deal with all the guests. They were run off their feet and were not able to deal with the volume of guests efficiently. It was very unfair on them and this should be addressed immediately. Why wasn't it a buffet like all the other hotels we go to? I wouldn't recommend anyone using your hotel purely for that reason.

Room Tip: We were in room 202 and overlooked the golf course and was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sandra L

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent weekend at Macdonald Hill Valley. At the outset, would you please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your stay.

I have discussed your points raised with my Restaurant Manager and can assure you that they have been addressed. Like many Macdonald Hotels, we operate a plated breakfast, this allows our guests to order exactly what they would like before it is freshly prepared and served to your table. We receive many comments that congratulate our breakfast service, I'm sorry that this wasn't to your liking.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I do hope the breakfast experience won't put you off a return stay in the near future.

Many thanks, Marc Smith.