Stayed here weekend of 12th July with my partner for a relaxing break for two nights, including a spa treatment for us both.
Meal and breakfast's on both evenings/mornings was great, only negative would be that on the Friday it felt as though our food was rushed out as barely a few minutes between courses.. and on the second I asked for a medium Rib eye and it was quite well done to the point of it being ever so slightly burnt at the sides. Not really too much of a big a deal- but still, disappointing.
Service was faultless however, such lovely friendly faces! On the second night, whilst waiting n the bar area for our table we frequently had one waitress walking back and forth past us moaning about other customers to another waiter! I think it was during a wedding that was happening that evening, bad bad idea!!
Our spa treatments we amazing I had Charley for an Ocean top to toe radiance, who completely put me at ease as this was my very first spa treatment and was a little apprehensive. Got to say, coming out I felt on cloud nine- as did my partner! Unfortunately, I do have a slightly negative thing to say regarding the helpfulness of the staff at the spa reception- we 'signed in' and made it clear we had never done this sort of thing before.. and it actually felt like we were just being left to it!! We were given a locker key, and were a bit confused why other guests were coming out with robes and towels ect when there was nothing given to us- only when I went back out and asked a gentleman more interested in his phone gave us some which were already in a packet- so I did feel a little cheated on this front as by now other spa guests were coming out of the changing rooms with theirs on and I felt like a second rate guest. Secondly, when I finally did get my robe and went to get changed ready for my treatment, I went back out to reception with my partner expecting someone to direct us to where we were meant to be going as we had saw another girl doing the same for a couple before us.. NOTHING. We were left, (uniformed) and by this point a little embarrassed and annoyed that were were being treated a little differently to others, to roam to hotel to find some sort of room for a treatment- this went on for 10 minutes before I finally found the right door after following another friendly guest, after all the kerfuffle and aggravation I was so glad I enjoyed the actual treatment and the pool afterwards!
In all honesty, and especially on my part, I feel as though we were overlooked and not given the full service from the staff there as on many occasions I saw other guests being shown around beforehand and told where to go ect when all we received was a bill to be paid at the desk! It has kind of ruined the expectation of a relaxing stress free spa where you get totally looked after- and for that reason I'm sorry to say I won't be visiting again.. although kudos to Mikhael on reception for being helpful always and Charley doing my treatment for making me feel at ease- this is much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa in the heart of Shropshire, a golfer's paradise with two challenging courses to get your teeth into and a wonderful Spa with Rasul, rock sauna and eight treatment rooms for those who just want to lounge around and relax. Surrounded by peaceful grounds, it's amazing how accessible this hotel is in Whitchurch on the A49 and close to the major motorways; M53, M56, M6 and M54. Be inspired with plenty of local attractions on your doorstep including nearby Chester Zoo and the Ironbridge Museums and after a busy day, retire back to the hotel for a delicious meal produced using only the finest, quality ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Whitchurch
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel Country
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Whitchurch, Shropshire