Ulan-Ude Park Hotel
TripAdvisor
Ayan Hotel(Ulan-Ude)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squaretrain tripother reviewsplumbingtransbreakfastreceptiontaxishoweramenitiestea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I spent just one night here on a tour through the Trans-Siberian. Very decent hotel, very soviet- russian style, good location - very central ,free wifi everywhere and with a very helpful staff... ok, my room was not good! I heard good things on the new rooms of the hotel from my tour fellows...I was not the lucky one. The breakfast was also very good, and despite my room I really recommend Geser Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the room 328... It was my one!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We started our November Siberia trip in Ulan Ude and the Geser Hotel was the first stop. During two days in the hotel, I believe we were one of the handful of guests staying at this hotel. The room we stayed at reminded me of my old student house; a large water boiler and exposed plumbing in the bathroom, a squeaky bed and noisy minibar fridge. The water stains in the carpet finished the memory.
Nonetheless, the hotel, as noted in other reviews has much going for it; great location in Ulan Ude, free Wifi, friendly staff and breakfast is pretty good. I still rate this hotel 'very good'; after all, it's Ulan Ude you are at, not the Four Seasons in Moscow.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zandbak
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed here as part of our Trans-Manchurian train trip.
Close to the railway station (which is handy when you're trying to walk in snow and ice), and nice warm rooms that were comfortable and warm.
The staff were professional, and helpful.
I was very impressed with the room, it was a bit tired but perfectly adequate and clean with a lovely bed, I would definitely stay here again.
The hotel staff were very good with giving us tourist information about the local town, Ulan Ude and directions.
Breakfast was included in the price and was traditional Russian fare for breakfast, with some fruit, nice and filling and hearty... Just what you need when the temperature outside is -30c!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank David J
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is only a hop, step and jump from the railway station and is handy for Ulan-Ude town centre.
The hotel has a gym and the breakfasts are pretty good. The wifi works everywhere in the hotel (not something that always happens in Russia).
The staff are pretty clued up about helping tourists. All-in-all its a value for money place to stay.
I would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank brycephillips
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

This hotel was perfectly adequate with clean and bright rooms and free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2012