“Great Value and WONDERFUL service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Terrace Bay
The Coach House Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Terrace Bay
Reviewed 16 August 2013

So often as a family you look for the best deal. I was a little skeptical in regards to the cost/benefit of staying at a roadside motel, but this place was IMMACULATE!!! I was VERY impressed at how clean everything was (especially the bathroom - no trace of mold ANYWHERE, fresh paint and great smelling little shampoo). The outside had a homey feel and I corresponded with the owners regularly. We even got delayed with construction and they left our room ready for us with lights on and key waiting! We didn't stay for the breakfast, but when going into the office for check out it smelled DEVINE!
If I had to make one criticism it would be that the beds were very hard. I am pregnant and found it to be a very hard sleep.

2  Thank Ranee N

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Dennis and Patti have set up a motel the way it should be done. Flowers all around and immaculate rooms. While they only provide two double beds per room, they were the most comfortable we slept on after three weeks of travel in Canada. They have kept their rates affordable, especially when you compare to what's available for a higher price either way down the road. The food was home-made, served with a smile and friendly conversation. The lake is beautiful for a quiet lunch and taking pictures at sunset, just across the road. So glad we waited until we found this place...we stayed an extra night!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own Wifi. Much appreciated!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George P
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Dennis and Patty own and operate this cozy little motel about 15min east outside of Terrace Bay. Dont be fooled by GPS, this motel is not in Terrace Bay itself, and is conveniently right on the highway. Its a popular little place so call early because their office closes at 10pm. They have satelite tv and free wifi. The owners do everything themselves and you can tell a lot of love and attention goes into the details. The owners really help make the experience. There is a nice view and decent rooms for the price paid. Dont bother asking for a discount - realistically its already dirt cheap when you compare it to a lot of other places. They have a tasty breakfast menu available until 10am (perfect for a sleep in day!). They have dehumidifiers and heaters in all the rooms and fun fact, Terry Fox stayed in room 10 right before he was forced to stop his run. Yes its a little out of the way but its a lovely little place and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it. Their TVs are old classics but they work.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Over the years, we have stayed in a number of motels between Marathon and Nipigon, on the north shore of Lake Superior. Until you pull up and check in, you never really know what you are going to get.

Not so with Coach House Motel. It is a lovely motel run by wonderful people. The room was extremely clean (a rarity in some of these places). Our only challenge was that the beds were just doubles, not queens. It presented a real sleeping challenge for our three-person group. Other than that, I have nothing but good to say about this spot.

We did not get a chance to try the restaurant (in at 9:30 PM, out at 6:15 AM), but it looked nice when we checked in.

I'd recommend Coach House in a second, as long as double beds aren't a challenge for your group.

1  Thank slansky
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I didn't actually stay at this property, but my parents did. They happened to be there for my mother's birthday, so last minute I called the Motel and spoke to Dennis. I asked him if they could sing, or put a candle in her breakfast or just wish her a happy birthday.

Not only did they give her a chocolate lava bunt cake with a candle, but Dennis called me back so that I could speak with her and wish her a happy birthday myself!

So kudos to the Coach House Motel for providing excellent service, even to those that are indirect customers. Not only did they make my mothers day, they also made mine. Thank you Dennis!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

The host was very accomodating and the rooms were nice and clean. We didn't eat there only because the menu was very limited and although the items on it were commonly enjoyed by most they were not what we wanted. The motel is just off the highway, but there is very little traffic after 11:00 pm so it isn't an issue. Very nice path into the woods behind the motel. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MetisDawn
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We discovered the Coach House while travelling. It is very nice - as per the other reviewers, the owners are super friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. We had a light supper in the Wilderness Cafe which was yummy. Dennis and Patti made us feel right at home. The scenery around is spectacular. All in all, two thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gvparsons

Been to The Coach House Motel? Share your experiences!