“Spacious and comfortable”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JohnHog23
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Spacious and comfortable”
Reviewed 29 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Santa Monica is a big villa with plenty of space. In the main it is well presented. The location is good and the price was right. The villa met our needs perfectly.
An earlier poster reported concerns about the pool. Its true that there are a lot of small mosaic tiles that need to be replaced but we had no issues at all with the quality of the water. The pool "boy" came 2 or 3 times during our week. The water was clean and warm.

Gina B
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“"Gordeous" indeed!!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Absolutely stunning villa, immaculately clean with lovely views from the main balcony. Contact with Sergy was quick and easy. Could not fault anything about this place we really didn't want to come home. Walk into town is about 20 mins all down hill but would definitely recommend getting a taxi back up as it is very steep the, taxi only costs 4 euros. So quiet and peaceful at night yet only a short taxi ride away into neighbouring Las Americas for party atomosphere and noise...cost 10 euros.The pool was lovely and refreshing and is kept in good condition by the pool man. Plenty of towels so no need to bring your own. Would not hesitate to recommend this villa to anyone and would definitely return myself!!!!!

Management Response
3 Dec 2017
Thanks a lot for a good response! We wait for the visit of you many times! Good-bye! Sergey!
Melissa T
“Good value for money and ample space”
Reviewed 3 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Good value for money and ample space for our party of seven. The Area was nice and peacefull. Sergey was very pleasant, very punctual, and informative upon arrival and departure.

John D
“Nightmare pool!”
Reviewed 1 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

I knew this villa before I booked it as my sister in law owns the villa behind in the same street and has been resident on the island for many years. We are not strangers to the area having been there many, many times in the last forty years and this visit was to attend a family wedding at Hotel Anthelia in Adeje and also my wife's 60th birthday. I had seen the photos on trip advisor and had looked at the villa from the outside on previous visits. It is very similar to my sister in law's home in size and facilities with some geographical differences as the villas are built on the slope one behind the other. So I was pretty sure what I was getting for my £2600 for the 2 weeks. Our party consisted of my wife and myself, my son and daughter and their spouses and my 2 grandchildren aged 2 and 3.
On arrival we had a bit of a problem with communication it was around 10 at night and we were met by the mother of the owners rep, who had no English. She gave me the keys and left and I pretty much found my way around easy enough as I have said the property is very similar to my sister in law's.
There is plenty space, there was ample bed linen and towels, great kitchen and dining room and excellent laundry area with 2 washing machines. The lounge had only 2 small sofas and for 8 people could do with more but this wasn't a big issue as most of our time was spent outside. The pergola at the pool was a nice touch as it provides a lovely shaded area for the kids. The barbeque area at the garden level wasn't the greatest- pretty dirty and the fridge there was unusable and full of junk like old trainers and stuff. The table tennis table had no net and the pool table was very worn. Needless to say we weren't down there much. The back gate which provides access to the gardens and a good shortcut downhill was on a combination padlock and it took me 3 days of texting the owners rep to get the number so we could use it. She did appear on our second day to show me how to change the gas bottle for the hot water. She had very little English either.
While a bit disconcerting, we were still fairly happy with things.
The big problem was the pool. On our first morning when I seen it there were many, probably hundreds of mosaic tiles missing from the bottom of the pool, the edges and the surrounds. It was in a sad state of repair and didn't look that clean. We were wary of putting our feet on the bottom in case of sharp edges. I pointed it out to the rep but I'm not sure how much she was understanding but enough that the pool guy was there at 7 the next morning. He seemed to go through the process of cleaning it but obviously could do nothing about the missing tiles during our stay.
I'm not a stranger to pools either and you can, believe it or not replace mosaic tiles with a special adhesive without draining the pool using a snorkel. I've actually done this for my sister in law as with this type of pool it's common for some tiles to dislodge and you have to keep on top of it replacing them when you notice any missing. Sadly this pool has hundreds missing.
After 3 days or so I noticed green algae gathering around the bottom edges of the pool and didn't like the look of it. The owners clearly knew there was an issue as the pool guy was turning up 3 mornings the first week and once at night. Communication with him was non-existent he had no English either. The owner even turned up late one night and was messing around testing chlorine levels. My sister in law's pool is attended once a week, they knew there was a problem but were not communicating it to us.
The algae seemed to be getting worse and worse and then in the second week my grandchildren got I'll. Sickness and diarrhea and then the adults all got it, culminating in my daughter in law being hospitalised the day before we were due to fly home, eventually diagnosed with gastroenteritis. The pool had been unusable for some days anyway, there had been an overnight storm it was filthy, full of dust and leaves and the algae was thick at the bottom. My sister in law's pool was however perfectly fine with a bit of attention from her pool guy.
My wife couldn't fly home, she had to stay as my daughter in law was hospitalised and we were lucky she could stay with her sister whilst making hospital visits.
The owner appeared at 8 the morning we were leaving to do a property check. "Yeah your reading this right" and my wife was trying to convey to him all that had happened but she's not sure how much he was getting. He certainly made no offer to help or compensate us in any way and spent most of the time on his phone, probably trying to arrange to get the pool passable for the next occupiers. As I say we were fortunate to know the island and have family close by to help. My wife and daughter in law flew home 3 days after us but the owner showed no interest in our plight.
I can't say for sure the state of the pool caused the illness but they certainly shouldn't be letting this property out with the pool in the state it's in and not for £2600 for the 2 weeks. There is clearly a problem maintaining the cleanliness of the pool due to the amount of missing mosaic tiles. The owner also has to get himself a rep who speaks English as we found it impossible to communicate our problems.
Don't rent this property unless they can prove the pool has been repaired because the photos we seen prior to renting showed a perfect pool.
M

Brian A
“Very good value”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Really big Villa... plenty of Space, WiFi works fine. Couldn't work the TV but didn't want it on anyway! Pool was cleaned a few times during our stay and the inflatables were very welcome!the downstairs area however let it down. The BBQ area wasn't clean... had paint in the fridge which was filthy. Pool table had 3 balls missing and no tips on the cues,table tennis net was also broken.however the villa inside was lovely...very clean and well laid out, everything you need for your stay. The location was perfect...a 20 mins stroll down to the beach and only 3 or 4 euros in a taxi back up. We noticed a supermarket just to the left of the Villa 2 mins walk away on our last day!! All in all would recommend this as as a holiday Villa for the great price!!

chrissyde...
Llangynidr, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay for all ages”
Reviewed 6 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Really enjoyed our stay at Villa Santa Monica.8 Family members stayed here ages 6-70 and there was plenty of room for us all to have our own space.The pool table was a great success .The walk down to the town/beach/bars etc took about 20 mins but Quite a pull back up so mostly took a taxi,cost about 4 euros which was fine.We paid extra for the pool to be heated but think it could have been a lot warmer than it was.Villa Santa Monica was a great place to stay and would definitely go back.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing