“Fantastic Food & Service”
Review of La Nonna

La Nonna
Ranked #87 of 285 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Price range: US$29 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Food was excellent and the service was also top notch given that this was a very busy restaurant. An initial visit on spec led to a second and third visit. Particularly good if you enjoy good pasta and fish. Certyainly on my list to go back to on my next trip

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I don't generally have time to write reviews of restaurants, but we had two flawless meals here during our recent stay in Costa Adeje... and the fact that I am still thinking of the food, 6 weeks later, indicates that it was something special! :-) I especially loved the roasted chicken that I had on the first night, since it was such a surprise. It didn't sound that extraordinary on the menu--I mainly ordered it since I wanted a change from all the fish I had been eating--but it was so delicious!! Served on some sort of flaky pastry, with a side of roasted vegetables, it was like some kind of upscale chicken pie. Mmmm... And the pumpkin ravioli on our second night was also full of delightful twists in flavor. Our dishes were so good that I don't even remember what my husband ordered, since we were too busy greedily eating our own food to even taste each other's!

As for the children, they loved the cushy chairs on the outside balcony, the bread & cubes of cheese that came while we were waiting, and the half-portion dishes of pasta that they gobbled up! The staff spent time engaging with the children, and made the whole family feel most welcome. (Not something one gets everywhere, when accompanied by a 2, 5 & 7 year old!) We will definitely be returning here: I only wish this restaurant was in my hometown. :-)

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed Greek meatballs and mozzarella olive and anchovy tart tatin starters. Duck marco polo was fab - fusion French and Eastern with teriyaki. Seafood tagliatelle disappointed but I think I made a poor choice. Thin apple tart with caramel ice cream was very good. Everything was homemade. Wine choice - all Spanish - was good. Service faultless. Only thing is it was a tad pricey. 110 euros for two.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had wonderful romantic Italian meal. The setting and food were perfect.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Having previously always favoured la tore del mirador next door we thought we would try this place. What a fantastic surprise! Night and day between here and mirador. The food and service is way superior in every way. The French boss Sedrick was particularly pleasant and amusing with a great knowledge of wine too!! I would say the selection of reds could be alittle wider and for the decent stuff it should be decanter as a matter of course.

Overall, I would recommend this place and you just have to hope thatnthe singer downstairs in hogwarts isn't singing his favourite song "Song Tynes"!!!

1  Thank Paul C