“So good we went twice!”
Review of Carlos

Carlos
Ranked #6 of 296 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited here twice during our weeks holiday, and it was definitely the best restaurant we went to this year in Tenerife, and not dissimilarly priced at all!

The first time we went we had the avocado starter (we would recommend!!) and I had the mussels. The waiter came back after we finished to tell us that there were not scallops in the avocado starter (we hadn't noticed!), and he apologised and said that he would take some money off the bill for this. When we returned my boyfriend ordered the same starter, and the waiter had my boyfriend had a laugh and a joke about there being or not being scallops in the starter this time! The second time, I had the mushrooms with bacon and cheese. These were lovely, but be warned it was a huge portion!

During our visits, we had the Portuguese fish (would highly recommend this!!), the seafood pasta, the duck with port and the pork.

We were always far too full to have puddings, but these also looked very good.

With the bill always came a chocolate each and a shot - I always love this at a restaurant. The food is very reasonable considering the quality, the staff were lovely and I would definitely come back or recommend here to a friend.

Also just a warning it's not open on a Sunday! So make sure you don't walk all the way up the hill to find it shut like we did!

1  Thank rhi_0890
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I can confidently say that Carlos is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food quality, portion quantity, service and value for money all scored very highly in my books. A lot of restaurants satisfy one or two of those criteria, but Carlos manages to hit all four.

This is probably not one for younger people looking to hit the clubs on the Costa Adeje strip, and the meal's are a few Euro more than other places to eat that you'll find around (I am hesitant to call most of them 'restaurants'), but the food is worth every cent. For comparison, I would expect to spend at least £35 - £40 for a similar three course meal and drinks in the UK, whereas it only cost a £24 (30 Euro) in Carlos.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good food at decent prices.

1  Thank ollie74656
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Fabulous food, fabulous place. Staff so attentive. Best dinner to date in comparison to other 5 star restaurants including where we are staying.

1  Thank Gorthaganny
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Booked this restaurant to celebrate our 60th and 65th birthdays with all our family. Had read the reviews on trip advisor prior to going and managed to find the restaurant with no problems. Booked a table for 9 of us sitting outside which was lovely. We were not disappointed.
The menu was interesting and varied and the prices were reasonable. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Will definitely go back next time we are in Tenerfife.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Haven't been to Tenerife for 3 years but it was nice to find that Carlos is still an excellent restaurant with great food, ambience and attentive staff. Lovely, wide-ranging menu with something for everyone so plenty of choice. Trio of meat with accompanying sauces was lovely - as was its portion size! - same for the sirloin steak. Will be visiting again before we depart these sunny climes.