Restaurante Sebastian
Ranked #12 of 300 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Sebastian offers a fabulous range of freshly prepared food, varying from a huge range of tapas to beautiful fish and steak dishes. Fantastic food, great staff, wonderful atmosphere,available at the unique Restaurante Sebastian.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My Parents recently visited the restaurant and highly recommended that myself and my partner try it out. We opted for the bread starter with a selection of sauces, all very nice. Although the menu itself didn't particularly appeal to me it had a great selection of fish, steak, tapas, paella and many other authentic dishes. I had the fillet steak which I ordered m/r however I found it to be more on the rare side, when we mentioned this to the waiter he was extremely polite and very quickly put this right. My partner ordered the dorada fish which was very tasty and fresh. We then shared the creme brûlée which was faultless.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Pizza was gorgeous, staff were lovely. Not enough toppings other than that I couldn't fault anything.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Myself and my husband decided to try this resturant based on the TA reviews, we weren't dissapointed, we had a lovely meal! Especially the a Duck!
Only negatives were the menu choice could have been wider and we felt for the price we could have been in a resturant with sea lovely views as Sebastian's is in the lower level on way to apartments.
Besides these the service was really good, the girls were lovely and we probably would return again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After being "highly recommended" by the welcome meeting at sunset bay & being deemed "a touch of class & Al a carte dining" we were more than disappointed by the waitresses poor service, long wait for our drinks, our food and rather than the bottle of Rioja that we ordered we received a jug of Rioja sauce!
Not to mention the steaks which we ordered - I ordered well done, my boyfriend ordered medium well... When they arrived they were virtually still mooing!!! There was blood running on plate when it arrived, we tried as best we could to eat but to avoid making a scene in a fairly busy restaurant we left most of our meals and most of our drinks as the amount of blood on steak rather put us off our red wine (when it finally arrived!) paid the extortionate bill& left...
Overall it was an awful experience and fair to say we will NEVER revisit again.

7  Thank Bambamsmam
Lucashaw, Owner at Restaurante Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Bambamsmam, in respect of your review, I don’t know quite where to start. You visited Sebastian in July 2013, and you wrote this devastating review 350 days later? It’s not for me to say but people often question the motivation of someone opening a Trip Advisor account 50 weeks after your visit, only to write this damning review (plus the wonderful review of the restaurant next door, hmm). You have every right to create reviews, but we also have the right to reply to specific comments, which is not possible when 50 weeks have passed and over 12,000 guests have passed through Sebastian in the time which has elapsed since your visit. We employ 7 very conscientious and hard working young people in Sebastian whose jobs are jeopardised by reviews like this.

I will however try to address your main points:

1) You said you ordered a bottle of Rioja, and the person serving you brought a jug of Rioja sauce. Did it occur to you that perhaps the waiter, (all our waiters speak very good English but not as a first language), simply misunderstood you, and thought you wanted the Rioja sauce for your steaks?
2) You ordered 2 steaks, one well done and one medium well. You say (and I quote) “there was blood running onto the plate when they arrived”. However neither the person serving you, nor you, nor your partner immediately realised that these could not possibly be your well done / medium well done steaks? This being the case, would the normal thing not be to simply ask the person who served you to take the steaks back and cook them more or bring you new ones as they were not provided as ordered?
3) You describe our prices as extortionate and overpriced. The prices are displayed on our website, on a huge illuminated board outside the restaurant, and on the menus so there's no surprises, and our prices are anything but extortionate. The only things that you mentioned you had were the steaks and the bottle of Rioja, so perhaps we should look at the prices of these items.

The price if you had the 250g Fillet steak was 16.90 euros, and the price if you had the 250g Ribeye steak was 14.50 euros, both complete with a selection of potatoes and vegetables or salad. That equates to about 13.52 pounds for the Fillet Steak and 11.60 pounds for the Rib Eye Steak – is that really overpriced and extortionate? And the bottle of Rioja, would have been our House wine, a very nice Rioja, for which you would have been charged 12.95 euros (10.36 pounds). Is that really overpriced and extortionate?

There’s not much that can be done in respect of this review, the damage is done, but on behalf of other restaurant owners in Tenerife, if you visit their premises during your forthcoming holiday, and someone makes a little mistake, please cut them a bit of slack, don’t try to ruin their business by sending reviews like this. Thankfully Sebastian has plenty of resident customers and loyal tourist customers who come year after year, so we will survive your review, other less established businesses may not be so fortunate.

Alan Nicolson Partner

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my girlfriend quite late without a reservation and was really good tapas. Huge portions and struggled to finish 6 between us. Wasn't keen on the house white as thought it was a bit on the dry side.

3  Thank taffy_81