“Thank you to the owners for such beautiful villas”

Review of Villa Esplendida

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Joy R
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Thank you to the owners for such beautiful villas”
Reviewed 4 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We have stayed at Villa Esplendid on a number of occasions and this time took a large party of friends for my husband's 50th Birthday.
We hired all four villas and it really worked. We were able to bring all sun beds onto the sunning area of our villa and the maids even brought up extra from the garages.
The two downstairs villas have BBQ areas and heated swimming pools. The upstairs villas still have a large balcony each and these get the sun in the late afternoons.
All fixtures and furnishings are of a really high standard. There is maid service Monday to Friday and we wish to thank Terri and Rosalea for looking after us all so well.
The villas are in a quiet area but just a short walk from the shopping centres, restaurants and the beach is only a 15 minute walk away. You don't really need to hire a car. We found the local taxis so easy and they knew the name Villa Esplendida in most cases.
These villas are your 5 star delux experience and are far better than staying at the Bahia del Duque hotel.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious villas and luxurious furnishings
Liked least: Only a couple of English tv channels - news only
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Mar 2015
Thxs for your time writen this review! It is a pleasure for us that you return every year!

K Regards
Traceya49
“Our perfect home from home”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Have stayed here three times and we love it. It was so nice to see that the place had recently been painted and refreshed. The villa is so well kept everything is beautiful. The agent is so helpful and the maintenance staff are so friendly and the place is kept spotless. The addition of a shopping trolley is a great help as it is a bit of a walk up hill with the shopping but the trolley makes it so easy. Location is great if you want to get out and about and if you want peace and quiet by the pool it's perfect. Cannot think of anything negative to say. We will be definitely booking next year.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Oct 2014
Thxs you are wellcome anytime !

B Regards
nikkiuk
Devon UK
“Beautiful Villa- Excellent service from Owner”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I am not really reviewing the actual Villa as due to illness we had to cancel our holiday here and we did not stay in May 2014 however if you are like me and and read all the reviews on every website before you book anything you will want to read what I have to say in this review.

I contact Ruth (the owner) in January 2014 and booked this Villa for May 2014. Ruth was extremely helpful and answered all my questions within 24 hours mostly quicker (same day).
Flights were booked and 2 days before departure we had to cancel our entire vacation. I was so upset but Ruth was amazing. She was extremely sympathetic, kind and caring in her replies to my emails and requests for help with documents that i required for my insurance company. She could not do enough for me.

When I contacted her again a few weeks later to re-arrange my holiday for August this villa was booked but Ruth has several other properties and she arranged a fantastic apartment for us and as you can see from my other review we had a great time in a lovely appartment but it was mainly thanks to Ruth and the service she provided.

So this review is not about the property but about the totally amazing service provided by the owners........although I can tell you from the outside this is a fantastic Villa in a great location we stayed round the corner in August so I can confirm this.

Liked best: The Service provided by the owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
1 Sep 2014
Hello Nikki,
Thxs so much for your words, it was a pleasure to meet a client like you.
You are always wellcome, anyhting you need pls let me know.
Regards
franklynl...
london
“Magnificent”
Reviewed 3 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

This villa is just heaven,

We arrived and it took our breath away, and we had maid service and they were so friendly,

The beds were such good quality, I slept better than I would at home, I was so impressed I had a huge bath which was so relaxing,

Our pool had problem with heating normally would have been upset but was so beautiful overall, we just relaxed and enjoyed rest,

Ruth was so friendly and was on hand for anything we needed, we couldn't work gas BBQ she came over with maids to help us, as was friends birthday BBQ,

Overall just the most spectacular villa and experience

Will definatley return

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful decor and so clean and comfy
Liked least: Would have liked swim in heated pool but small thing as rest so perfect
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
13 Jan 2013
Hi Sally,

It was a pleasure to have you in our villas and we are very happy that you and your partner had enjoyed it.
You and our partner are very wellcome anytime
Thanks.
Anthony S
Manchester
“Sour taste”
Reviewed 4 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

I need to break this review into 2 separate parts. Firstly the villa and accomodation were excellent. The quality of the rooms, garden, dining areas, and the fixtures and fittings were excellent. The two main bedrooms are very large with plenty of cupboard space and large bathrooms. The 3rd bedroom is more of a study and not really usable except for a child. it is the 2nd aspect of my review that will stop me from using this villa again and more specifically the letting agents. The agent requires cash for the villa upon arrival so be sure to bring plenty. This all seemed a little suspicious to me and not something I have ever come across before. You may want to be aware that the villa was also not the one in the photograph but the one next door to it but the facilities were the same. My major problem is with the after service. My son inadvertently left his new jacket in his wardrobe which we noticed notice an hour after leaving however we had checked in at the airport and it was too late to turn around for it. I immediately contacted Ruth at the letting agents and asked if this could be sent to me in the UK if I sent money for the packaging and shipping. There was a prompt reply to say this was not a problem much to the relief of my son as this jacket was only purchased a few days before the holiday. This relief has turned to dismay as my subsequent 4 emails to the letting agent to determine how much it would cost, where I should send the money, and how long it would take to despatch, have all been completely ignored.
I suspect this new jacket is being worn by somebody else now and I do not do business with people I cannot trust so I will not be using this agent again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The condition of the villa was excellent
Liked least: The service from the letting agent.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
10 Dec 2012
Dear customer,

We are very disappointed with everything that you are saying about our villas, nobody has complains anything in 2 years that we have been rented them,thats why 80% of our clients are regular customers,everybody is happy with the quality of the villas , the service, and the personal treatment that they received in their stay with us
Firsteable when you booked the villa we explained you that each one had 2 master bedrooms and a small office with a doble bed avaliable just for kids, thats the reason that our maximiun capacity for each villa is 4 adults and 2 childs,as everybody knows that they have been here is plenty of space for a child becouse althought the small bedroom is not a master bedroom like the others one, the beds are doble which is plenty space for sleep twoo kids.
Second: our payment method is 10% of the total amount as a deposit and the rest of the amount is paid on the arrival to the villa, I dont think there is nothing suspicios as you said, even as you will know if you have been rented before in holidaylettings most of the owners enquire the rest of the total amount few weeks before of the arrival,and if somebody is not happy with the villa that they have booked by internet they can not do anything about it, we dont do that.
Third: About your jackect I think is very unffair what you are saying about us becouse we havent send you your sons jacket, you left just a couple days ago, as I explained you in the emails that you said that i "didnt reply you", Ive been away for a couple of days and we havent had enough time to go to post office
If some customer forgett anything we always have return it whithouth even charge any money at all, this is our policy.
Sorry about all the inconvenience, we are very happy with all of our customers but for first time in 2 years we are no happy with customers like you that try to boycott our villas for a simple jacket
Regards
Ruth
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing