“Will come back, no doubt” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Melia Jardines del Teide
Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Will come back, no doubt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed in January 2013 and hope to go back soon. Staff extremly friendly. Arrived late at night, the receptionist did all to make us feel welcome. When we got lost on the way to the room, he actually appeared from nowhere to show us the way to our room.Room was much bigger then expected.

The views were spectacular, we could see the whole coastline of the south of Tenerife from our terrace. Service and food are good value for money.

Beach is just down the hill, walking distance. Nice sandy beach.

Would recomend the hotel to anybody looking for a relaxing holiday on this beatifull island.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mirza P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
stockport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I will keep this short....... food lovely, wide variety, drinks plentiful and branded, pools clean, in fact everywhere was kept spotless. Staff friendly and very hard working. My 6 year old daughter loved everything, food, drink, snacks, entertainment, kids club. Room was huge (we had a junior suite). Bus to beach 3 times a day (but we walked as its only 10 mins). Beach was beautiful. No complaints. An all inclusive must!!

Room Tip: High floor with a sea view.
7 Thank mollyStockport
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Went for a week all inclusive, staff very friendly but the hotel employs a minimal number. The food is average, choices are not wide compared to Turkish hotels for example . Drinks are OK, cocktails are good. Coffee is excellent, alcohol is mostly average brands but drinkable . Children activities are very limited, mostly mini disco at night, adult entertainment is average.Swimming pools are average, the beach is very far away and no hotel services at the beach. Shopping centres near the hotel are nice but pricy, be ware not everything is genuine. Tenerife is beautiful , Las Americas is a must visit, but again be aware of the SMSA gift shops, everything is made in China. On the whole average hotel could be potentially excellent if more staff are employed. It took us 45 minutes to check in.

Room Tip: Avoid invitations to join Melia club, you need to be a millionaire , however they are pushy like tim...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Having just returned on the 4th June i have to say we were disapointed with the Hotel.
The staff were friendly but not enough of them. Although the rooms and pool area were clean the bar areas were not floors dirty and tables dirty. Food well what can i say yes there is a good choice if your a meat lover as they put meat in everything including vegatables so if you a vegetarian this hotel is not for you it the firt time my husband and i have struggled to eat having been on all inclucive holidays befor but usual find a good choice. we were also invited to join club Melia when we were there so glad we didnt it sounds good but please read the reviews about the club membership befor you go just in case you get invited.

Room Tip: Dont have a room above the restraunt you can hear them preparing food from early hours and then clea...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monty320
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

My girlfriend and I (in our 20's) were greeted at reception with some confusion about the room that we were to be given. We were given a room under the restaurant - not recommended. If you are given one of these, request a change as you will be woken at 7am every morning with scraping chairs and tables that also goes on until 2am at night. Considering the hotel was quite quiet when we were there, it appears the staff were well aware of what room they were putting us in.

Aside from this, we were highly impressed with the rest of our stay.

Pools - Bottom pool is much more lively than the top pool although a lot colder and 2m deep. I would advise the top pool for a quiet swim in much warmer water.
Entertainment - The animation staff were very friendly and lively, good variety of languages! At night, the children appeared to enjoy the mini-disco, however the "entertainment" provided for the adults could be heavily improved. What is provided is all good fun - a parrot show, Motown singers etc - just avoid the Elvis impersonator who struggles to sing, let alone impersonate.
Staff - The majority of the staff were friendly and helpful, obviously the usual language barriers but that can't be helped. On one occasion, the maintenance man came to fix our safe and said he would return in 5 minutes; an hour later I asked at reception to his whereabouts to find out he had went home. It would appear they do not go out of their way to make sure you have the best stay ever, however they point you in the right direction if needed. The cleaner comes in every morning and she does a great job, leaving the room spotless! Just be careful however, our cleaner left our balcony open on two occasions and being on the ground floor, I was duly concerned.
Food - Breakfast cannot be faulted. Very varied selection and something for everyone! The only thing I would prefer is if the desserts provided at breakfast could be offered at dinner also, as they were so tasty! Lunch at the pool bar is ideal, plenty to go around (toasties, pizza, chips, burgers, chicken, fruit etc!). Dinner itself has a very wide selection - my girlfriend and I are very fussy eaters, however we had no issues at all finding something to eat every night. The only thing that seemed to be missing is a children's section, however it feels the hotel is aimed at more mature clients. Make sure the food "cooked" by the chefs in front of you is actually cooked. On several occasions, the chefs seemed rushed and just gave us chicken, turkey and pork that was undercooked, so keep your eyes on it!

Overall - Our room itself was great. Don't pay extra for a sea view as we managed to get one without requesting it (albeit along with restaurant noise pollution). The room was flawlessly clean and comfortable and some nice touches such as complimentary dental/shaving/sewing kits provided. The grounds also are spectacular and very well maintained and the hotel as a whole is an amazing sight sitting up on the hill looking over El Duque.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age - families and couples. You won't be disappointed. Quality and comfort is 5* however some things need to be improved before all niggles are removed. Go to Siam Park and Loro Parque! Great days out and amongst our highlights of the holiday!

Room Tip: If you are given a room under the restaurant - ask for a change immediately! Don't pay extra for...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank th0615
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Have just returned today from a week's break at the Melia and overall I have to say excellent. As a long standing customer of an adjacent hotel (Costa Adeje Gran) which we love I was a bit sceptical to say the least as to what to expect. We could not get into the Gran this week as this was a bit last minute but having stayed there many times, I know the area and was aware of the hotel.

First impressions were good and although it is not to the star standard or the finishing of the Gran, it was not to bad at all. Great sized rooms, food was pretty good in all, just a couple of hit or misses mostly in the evening, but very edible.

I was travelling as a lone parent with my kids so AI was definitely the way to go and the kids entertainment was top notch, I also thought the animation team were really good, very energetic but not to pushy like some can be.

I have to single out Ramon the Socorista (lifeguard) what a nice guy, never a hassle to get a towel and constantly mucked about with my 7 year old son who really liked him.

Breakfast was great and pretty busy, but lots of nice fresh fruit and freshly cooked eggs and pancakes, cannot ask for much more really.

We ate at the pool bar all week at lunch, didn't even venture into the restaurant, the pool bar had enough and was open more or less all day.

Evening meal was also pretty good, as said one or two off nights but on the whole great and the wine was not to bad, I had the white which was palatable enough for a few glasses.

We also liked the bar, what great views, this certainly had the Gran beat, just wish I could have stayed for a few more!

Interesting to hear of Louise D's experience and really sorry to hear about it, I was actually stood near you when you came to report the incident and only caught a few bits and pieces, but you clearly looked shocked I didn't want to intervene so had hoped it was not a big deal but clearly it was. I don't know what to make of it, we were in 627 so not far from you and did not have any issues, but having read about someone else with a similar incident we had anything of value either on us or in the safe ( a no brainer at 2 Euros a day). We actually moved room, to a junior suite as it was my birthday and I managed to get a great discount when we were there, and I did not have any problems there either.

Sadly these things do happen in Tenerife and Spain, I lived in Southern Spain for a few years and incidences like this were common in apartments, but one would hope that Hotels would be a bit more secure. The Gran has a couple of security guards on constant patrol, I cannot help but think that this would be a good idea as it is a very open hotel, anybody could walk in.

My only other gripe was the hot water, or lack of it, it was very intermittent indeed. One day boiling the other day luke warm, this isn't an old hotel and it was not full so I cannot understand what the problem was.

On the whole though great break, my kids also very sceptical about trying another hotel were also singing it's praises when we left and want to return as would I and that for me is the sign of a hotel doing it right.

Room Tip: Join Melia rewards for Free WiFi. Try an upgrade when you are there to a junior suite, we got a gr...
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

we have just come back on 30th may 2013 from this hotel and our stay started well but i am writing to make people aware of our experience in room 622. On our last day we came back from breakfast and finished packing and my partner and daughter took the suitcases to the room by reception leaving me in the room. They had not been away long when a woman entered our room i froze in shock, she had a melia white towel round her neck and prompty left when she saw me. Our door was definitely shut and our key card in the light pocket and she was NOT a member of staff. When i told reception there was 2 reception staff, melia rep, manager, head of cleaning and security talking about it in spanish and looking at screens but they could not offer me an explanation by this time the shock had taken hold and i was shaking and in tears i told them it was just aswell that we were going home as i could not have stopped in that room or the hotel another night when they could not guarantee our safety. She had not forced the lock so had to have a key card to get in was it just for our room or was it a universal one? when we had been out of the room on other days had she accessed our room then? this was a holiday i booked as a suprise for my partners 60th birthday present and hoped to have fond memories of but we now remember it for all the wrong reasons? it would be interesting to know how many others have had people entering their rooms and which room numbers are the ones that have had the problems

Room Tip: avoid the rooms on the ground and first floor on block to the left as you enter main building
10 Thank louise d
#29 of 57 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,129 reviews
Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa

Been to Melia Jardines del Teide? Share your experiences!