After booking this hotel for a last minute holiday, we didn't really know exactly what to expect. However, everything was lovely! Check in was simple, although advised not to by others on here, we signed up for Club Melia for the free wifi. We were invited to collect a 'free gift' which we're glad we didn't collect, as it is chocolates and it is to get you there to try and sell you something I believe..
The buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner was brilliant - everything was replenished frequently, certain things like fresh fish were cooked in front of you and there is a large, varying selection of food changing from day to day, as well as fruits, salads, desserts, etc.
As we're not big alcohol drinkers, we were happy with the water, soft drinks and coffees which were self serve at the bars to reduce queues, however in the evenings when we did fancy a drink, we were put off by the large queues for the bar with only 1 person serving!
We opted for a standard room and didn't pay for sea view, however we did have a sea view and the room, 304, was in a great position - half was between the restaurant/bar and the bottom pool, which is also lovely.
It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach, but I did read that there is a free bus which runs 3 times a day down to the beach in the morning and then back up in the afternoon.
We were hoping for a late check out 32euro for 3pm and 54euro for 6pm, but as the hotel was full we couldnt, however the hotel does offer a courtesy room for half an hour to shower and change before going to the airport - make sure you book that early in the morning and for earlier than you wish to leave as we booked it for 4.45 and didnt get in until 5.15 as others had overrun, having a knock on effect.
Overall a lovely stay, and in my opinion, good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Melia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Costa Adeje, Tenerife