We stayed at this hotel over Easter. We are a young family with two children (6 and 4). Whilst we had an enjoyable holiday, we would not return to this hotel and I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend it.
We have stayed in a number of good quality, similarly priced all inclusive hotels (four and five star) in Majorca and throughout the Greek islands and I have to say that this hotel compares particularly unfavourably.
I don't wish to be unduly pessimistic as there are some very good points about this accommodation.
The setting is fabulous and the views are stunning. The hotel was very clean generally very well kept.
The large, main swimming pool was very attractively laid out, surrounded by an abundant supply of very comfortable sun loungers. Whilst there is small splash pool beside the main pool, I do feel it necessary to point out that the main pool is very DEEP, in that it is 1.6m at the shallowest point so is not brilliant for children to play in or for inexperienced swimmers. There is another, shallower pool at Reception level, but this is a rather unattractive setting, more akin to what I would imagine a 2 star budget hotel pool to look like!
We stayed in a Junior Suite. Whilst the room was clean and very spacious and we had a large private terrace with amazing views, the room was tired and needed some updating and some money spending. To call the decor basic is something on an understatement!
The entertainment team worked really very hard under the direction of Domvinik, who was extremely cheerful. Our girls really enjoyed taking part in some of the day time activities and his staff were all very friendly. The foam party was a huge success!! NIght time entertainment was also pretty good with mini disco, balloons and face painting for the children followed by a show each night.
For us, the worst aspect of this hotel and an area in which it really does need to improve is the hospitality, food and drink. There is a real lack of direction in the main restaurant in that unusually there is no apparent head waiter or any one in charge. Unfortunately, we found some of the waiting staff in the main restaurant very rude and abrupt and not at all welcoming, not just to us but to others around us. I do feel that some training and supervision is urgently required in this regard. The food was ok but we have had better on most other holidays. The self service pool side snack bar is well located but rather limited in what it offers.
The alcoholic drinks at this hotel were the worst we have encountered at any all inclusive hotel. We are not big drinkers but do enjoy a drink on holiday. The cocktails here are awful, in fact undrinkable and the wines with the all inc package are poor.
I really don't want to be unduly harsh about this hotel as we did have a good week, but for us there was a negative to every positive aspect of our stay which regrettably does mean I would struggle to recommend this hotel to a friend.
The resort of Playa del Duque was lovely with a great beach and the hotel is well located for shops and restaurants.
In short, we had a good holiday here but, on the basis of what we have encountered at other hotels, we would not return to this one due to the overall lack of quality. This hotel is more average than very good, hence I have given it three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Priceline, Melia, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Costa Adeje, Tenerife