We just returned from this hotel and we had a lovely stay. 9 nights a family of 7. I am the slightly disabled passenger I hope this review helps from that point of view! I emailed hotel in advance to ask for disability friendly room and had a quick and helpful response a brilliant start they recommended floor 5 which was spot on for me. I use crutches but occasionally wheelchair. They also sent champagne and chocolates to my daughter and husbands rooms on their birthdays with a handwritten note which was touching and a nice surprise - champagne tasted good too! Good clean reception area and bars, staff constantly remove glasses and rubbish so always looks neat and tidy. Modern comfortable furniture in all areas with cushions so you can support your back this was much appreciated by me! Rooms are very large and comfortable with sofa and comfy grandad style chair in our standard room. Beds however were too hard for me and my husband. Wifi in our room 516 only worked sitting on the chair at the patio doors and I only worked this out on day 5! You also need to keep logging in so keep your wifi ticket! They work for 1 or 2 days then you will need a new one. Ladies no need to lug your hair dryer along the bathrooms all have them and they are really good! Fast strong speed and hot or cold settings to set your style best hair dryer I experienced. Bathroom also very nice. Sun loungers also fantastic!! they are multi adjustable. I have a back condition and found the under knee adjustment (that takes the strain off your back) a real treat, the back upper section also has 3 different adjust settings so you will be super comfortable. Towels are good quality for the pool again leave yours at home no need to waste your luggage allowance. Bathroom towels also changed daily abit scratchy but you can't really complain as they are immaculate and changed daily. Now the beds! I'm obviously a bit fussy and react badly to a change of bed as my back condition doesn't adjust well, these beds were too hard for me and my husband. I really struggled with them but put the thick blanket from the wardrobe on mine to help, I got used to it after 4 days but not very comfortable - the pillows are good 1 hard 1 soft and I ordered extra to put under my legs and again it was no problem for the staff, they were immediately delivered. Cleaning staff in rooms very courtesious alway saying hello and fold your clothes if left strewn over your bed as I left it one morning which was much appreciated. There are a lot of steps but As I'd emailed in advance they happily allocated me a ground floor - which is level 5 as it's built into a hill- room where reception and the restaurant and bar are all located - also the smaller pool (perfect for young children as shallow mostly little kids used it) is on this level, but we preferred the bigger beautiful -1 level pool as the bar is more accessible from there and the snacks and food service also more selection from here - try the toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, it isn't obvious they are available in English as there is a full constant buffet in front of you and they are in a glass cabinet but once you ask they are cooked on a griddle right in front of you and are lovely, the snack bar to us was just as good as the main lunchtime restaurant to us and we happily stayed down at the pool all day and eat lunch there. There is tea and coffee fizzy drinks and ice creams / lollies all self service so immediately accessible which is good. 2 lots of toilets and a changing room so no need to go back your to your room. The main evening buffets they provide is ok selection of food not the best we have had though, my husband didn't like the selections, we've had a lot better in costa adeje hotels before. Also the all inclusive wine is a bit weak I missed the 12.5/13% we have in the UK it's 11/11.5% and a bit bland. You can upgrade though for 15euro for better drinks stronger wines and fresh orange juice at breakfast if wanted. The entrainment for the hotel is a mixed bag - the children's looked fabulous lots of fun - watching the kids attempting the huge inflatable pool assault course was great fun as was the running pool mat game, they also played pirates around the pool and the kids looked really happy as did the energetic staff! The adult entertainment however was not great, it's badly advertised with the only way of knowing what's going on being a smallish TV screen at the level 5 lifts. We went to watch grease the musical but it was mimed which I hate! It could have done with some karaoke or something real to watch! There was a good magic show that my nephew watched but I'd given up by then. Access to other amenities at the resort was easy with a gate at the main -1 level pool to a short walk away upmarket shopping centre, prada, dior, gucci, Burberry as well as mango, high street brands, a chemists and supermarket, there is a local market also Wednesdays and Saturdays which is good for gifts and tat that you buy on holidays. There is a beautiful walkable distance beach here that is georgous! Overall good hotel, beautiful views! Perfect for families with young children, if just me and hubby I'd go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. Adults-only The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 adult swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Melia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Costa Adeje, Tenerife