We were expecting a lot more of this hotel after reading all the reviews . We have stayed in many 4* and 5* hotels. This would rate a 3* in my opinion. Ok welcome from reception on arrival , not the friendliest I have to say .
Our room was a disappointment, dated , tired furniture, bath was cracked around plug hole and hairdryer had bare wires coming out of the wall having by-passed the plug !! Cant remember last time I visited a hotel and all the hot water ran out, there was only one night when we had to use the cold tap . Whilst costing €2 a day is cheap , most hotels these days have security coded safe deposit boxes that are free . not here .
Restaurant is definetly like a canteen , and although there is a good choice the presentation was scrappy , food itself not the best and it got very busy, would hate to try it in peak season.Most staff were polite in restaurant but a few were very grumpy and unhelpful.
Hotel is very clean and attractve inside and out but bar was poorly manned and the snack bar area by the pool was often scruffy , with uncleared tables and the hot food best avoided .
Overall we had a decent enough stay but spent most days on the beach and evenings away from the hotel , our choice not because of the hotel .Beware it is a good 10-15 minute walk to the nearest beach all down hill , coming back is very different !! Would not stay here again though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. Adults-only The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 adult swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Ebookers, Melia, TravelUp, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Costa Adeje, Tenerife