Hotel Jardin Tropical
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Iberostar Sabila(Costa Adeje)
US$227
US$164
  • Pool
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Restaurant
US$611
US$204
  • Beachfront
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$186
US$626
US$564
HotelsClick
2,248 results
All reviewslas rocassea viewmoorish stylesea water poolon arrivalpool arealovely hotelsunset barbali bedsbed and breakfaststandard roompool staffhalf boardhotel groundsmain poolsun loungersbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are booking this hotel through secret escapes, do not get a junior suite inland view, which apparently is an "upgrade" If it is a sea view you will be fine.

When we arrived we were told that the hotel had upgraded us to a junior suite, however this is what we had already booked. When we were shown our room, myself and my partner could not believe how bad the interior was, we stayed in room #704. The curtains had many holes in them, the colours were a weird mix of white, brown and baby blue splashed throughout.

Our balcony was very very small overlooking the hotels bins and car park. I immediately phoned up the reception to move room (I have never had to do this before). The staff were very apologetic but informed me that all sea view and garden view rooms were fully booked that week. Hearing this me and my wife decided to try and make the most of our room. However, when the time came to sleep there was a massive industrial buzzing noise which did not stop all night! Having no sleep I went to reception at 7:30 in the morning to try my luck again in moving rooms.

I cannot remember the name of the hotel reception staff member I spoke to, he was quite a big guy with a shaven head who spoke very good English. At first he was very apologetic saying that he has made a note of our room number and will call if something comes up but he thought this to be doubtful. However this hotel is massive and I did not believe they had no rooms available. I decided to look on my iPad to see if rooms were available online, and low and behold there were 4 garden view rooms available and 1 sea view room. It turned out myself and my wife were being lied to directly.

I immediately went back to the gentleman I had spoke to showing him what I had found online. He again tried to convince me that these rooms were not available, saying the site was wrong, I made him check on his system and presto! Rooms were available. We were moved to a standard double with garden view. This room was perfect! One of the nicest we have stayed in, huge balcony, sea views, garden and pool views (what more could you ask for).

Myself and my wife felt let down we had been lied to by the reception staff but we decided to let it go. However, the gentleman behind reception was rude throughout our whole stay. I wish I could remember his name but you just don't bother with things like that when you are on holiday. We spoke to an English family and they had the exact same experience. They also found it very hard to move rooms,

The hotel itself is fantastic, the sea water pool is hands down the best pool I have ever been in. The breakfast is amazing with loads to offer and it is situated in such a lovely area.

My tip would be to get a garden view room as you also get sea view with this room as well as being close to everything the hotel has to offer.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again, it would have received an excellent had the reception staff not lied.

Room Tip: Garden view double standard is perfect, get one high up, these rooms also come with a sea view(not sure about all of them). Do not get an inland view room, you might as well stay at home if you do.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Danmurphy1988
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel several times and always found it excellent.
Staff are helpful and friendly, rooms are clean, pool is beautiful. Views are spectacular. Weather has always been amazing.
The hotel's design, in white and terracotta, leads you to meandering around and discovering hidden gardens and places to sit. It is right on the edge of the sea and you can wander down for a drink overlooking the ocean.
The best rooms have views of the garden and sea on the 5th, 6th and 7th floors but having stayed in all sorts of rooms, I found them all good and they all have balconies and good views.
Half board is really good value for money as the buffet meal in the evening is excellent with lots of choice and wonderful chefs cooking your selection of fish and/or meat. Pancakes at breakfast are a firm favourite.
Have stayed in this hotel when the children were little and now teenagers and it has always given us an amazing holiday.
The location of the hotel means you can easily go to swim or snorkel in the sea (and get black sand everywhere) or shop. Loads of other restaurants around (if you can work up the energy to leave the hotel, we never do!). Adeje is a very modern place not full of character but it is a good base for exploring the island and does have all you need in terms of dentists, doctors, hire cars, taxis and shopping.
Recent changes in the hotel have seen more bars on all the terraces (excellent), aqua aerobics in the pool (only for half an hour so perfect), bbq in the evening (really good) and purchase of chill out bed (25 euros a day but worth it if you like lying in the sun and you also get free drinks up to value of 25 euros), also have introduced a "hobby kitchen" evening when you can learn to cook with the chest - noone in our group did this but other guest reported a good evening.
Only irritation was the "department store" music played endlessly on the sun terrace and in the bars but that may by my age - I do like peace and quiet (!) - and on complaining, the staff were very helpful at turning it down and / or off (even better).
Fab hotel, lovely facilities, excellent weather. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cath t
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Writing this on my last morning after 2 weeks staying in this beautiful hotel. I wrote about this hotel back in 2012 and gave it the same rating this time.
All the essentials remain, beautiful architecture, cool airy spaces, planting that is both inside and outside the hotel, lovely views from the rooms, terraces, staircases, the ability to always find a quiet, cool place out of the heat of the day.
The positive new additions to this hotel are a result of a partnership of some kind with Pura Vida. This seems new and emerging but for the most is positive and not intrusive. There are now more small, pretty bars dotted around on existing terraces that mean poolside service is better and the choices of pre and post dinner drinks are wider. Live music provided is mostly unobtrusive, sax, guitar. The main lobby bar can have louder music but there is always the ability to go somewhere else very beautiful within the grounds if it's not your thing. Choice is a part of this hotel and the music is not every night.
Another new addition is the chill out beds and 4 poster beds which can be hired for the day. The price of the bed is free but you have to prepay 25€ credit which is used towards drinks, light snacks, ice cream etc. If you use the hotel bars for the day this is a good deal as the beds are beautiful. The sun beds have all been upgraded and there are beautiful white comfy chairs on all the terraces, bar areas and cool salons.
There is also a much better set of low key but good quality events provided by Pura Vida. The only one I took part in was aqua fitness which was effective, good fun and short. Perfect.
The only downside that I experienced was piped music on the sun terrace where I took the chill out beds and also down on the terrace closest to the ocean and near the beautiful salt pools. I found this unnecessary and at times intrusive. My and other guests comments were taken seriously by the wonderful hotel senior manager called Chefi and her team for guest relations and services. The music was turned down to a comfortable level, although for me personally I would have preferred no music at all. This is just personal taste. The Pura Vida Team should genuinely be interested in their customer comments and have a clear understanding of why guests return time and time again to this particular hotel.

For the vast majority the new additions are all good, high quality and serve to further enhance the beauty of the hotel.

The service, rooms, communal areas, pool is still immaculate and the hotel staff are all friendly and incredibly helpful. Check in is fast and informative. The food in the buffet restaurant is varied, fantastic quality and still interesting after 14 days. There is also a new BBQ restaurant 3 times a week that provides beautiful starters, then meat, fish ,vegetables that the guests can cook themselves and add salads, kebabs, sauces, fresh herbs. It is in the pool side cafe and is a beautiful venue in the evening. Other restaurants exist but I didn't visit them.

In summary, the hotel remains my favourite place to visit to just enjoy the sun and relax in a stunning environment. Thank you all and see you soon.

Room Tip: Email and ask! They are so helpful
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank OnwegoWales
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My first trip to the Jardin Tropical was in June this year & it's high standards really exceeded my expectations. Chefi and her team were so helpful and polite it made for a beautiful break. The food was exceptional and a great choice of activities available if you wanted variation to your day. The Hotel is well placed for beaches and nice restaurants and bars. Highly recommended & shall be back!! Thankyou….

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had an amazing stay here,
The staff are very polite and welcoming,
Had a room with gorgeous sea views,
This hotel certainly stands out from the rest in the area and I'm glad we chose it,
There are lots of amazing tropical plants and trees throughout the hotel,
Another thing I should mention too is that on our arrival to the hotel my friend left his wallet in taxi, we only realised once we had gone into the hotel,
The nice guy at reception picked up the phone, rang the taxi firm and had it delivered back to us within 20 minutes or so, very impressive I thought.
Very relaxing peaceful and beautiful hotel..

• Stayed: June 2014