We have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and, as I have pointed out in previous reviews, and has been posted by other reviewers, it does not qualify as a five star hotel despite charging five star prices.
The hotel is in an excellent location and the pool and garden areas are first class. The staff are on the whole very friendly and helpful although the bar service tends to let them down on occasion. Again, as other reviewers have pointed out, the bedrooms are somewhat dated with the bathrooms in particular being in dire need of refurbishment – having to negotiate a shower curtain and clamber into a bath to have a shower is not the easiest of tasks when you are of advanced years.
Since our last visit the “bean counters” have swung into action with the soap and toiletries being replaced by “squeezy” bottles which are almost impossible to use if you have arthritic fingers which many of the hotel’s elderly guests will have – we had to buy cakes of soap at the local supermarket. The hotel has also responded to the many complaints made over the years regarding the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms but has done so by imposing swingeing charges for a kettle and tea bags. Finally, the drinks in the bar are now served by using measures – I can honestly say that this is the only hotel, bar or restaurant I have ever been in Spain where this practice applied.
While no doubt these changes will make some impact on the “bottom line” they are, in my view, petty and unworthy of an establishment claiming to be five star and frankly leave a bad taste.
On a positive note we have always enjoyed our holidays at the Jardines De Nivaria and will probably return in the future but its report card would have to read “could do better”.
Finally, as I have posted in previous reviews it is impossible, despite my best efforts, to get a really hot cup of coffee in the bar – lukewarm seems to be the best that can be achieved.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardines De Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles Hotel Costa Adeje
- Jardines De Nivaria Hotel
- Jardines De Nivaria Adeje
- Hotel Jardines De Nivaria
- Jardines Nivaria
- Jardines De Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles Costa Adeje, Tenerife