“A Genuine 5 star hotel.”

Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Costa Adeje
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Just returned after spending 2 weeks in the Jardines de Nivaria. From the moment you arrive to your point of departure you will not be disappointed with this hotel. It would be unfair to single any particular group for praise, because from the reception personnel to catering staff, cleaners to pool attendants, you are attended to with care and attention and nothing is too much trouble.

I was allocated a room in "Masca" building which overlooks the pool and garden area. Nice room, with a balcony with table and chairs and 2 sunbeds. Was a late arrival for me so ordered dinner by room service and the quality was good. (We also had a complimentary bowl of fruit and 1/2 bottle of red wine awaiting us when we arrived). Fridge in room is well stocked, and there is a free safe.

Being a late arrival I had a sleep in on the first morning, and although all the sunbeds directly beside the 2 pools were gone, there were plenty others available at 10am. (If you do want a bed at the pool, usually 8am -8.30am will suffice, but you are never more than 20yds from the pool regardless of position.

You are allocated 2 towels per person on your first day and you can change these as often as you wish every day. In the freshwater pool ( the colder of the 2 but very welcome in the searing heat) there is a waterfall feature. The temp in the heated saltwater pool was a little too warm for me ( but seemed to be appreciated by most). It is akin to a very tepid bath temp. The pools are never crowded, and provide a very relaxing area to stay cool. You can even have a poolside massage if you wish which is costed on time and is €30 for 15mins. If memory serves correctly, 55mins is the most expensive at €70. This facility seemed reasonably popular.

Rooms are cleaned very thoroughly daily, and the cleaner returns again in the evening and changes any wet towels if you have used them in the afternoon. Covers are turned down every evening and chocolates left on the bed. A very nice touch and typical of the quality in this hotel.

Breakfast? Never too busy, and absolutely everything you could wish for. We were B&B as we enjoy meals out in the evening. This was my only disappointment of the 2 weeks. Apart from the excellent Couer de Fillet, and the utterly fantastic Monte Christo (do not miss a visit to that restaurant), the quality of eating establishments in Costa Adeje was disappointing for us. In general, the resort could use a facelift and some quality bars and cafes.

Overall, the hotel WAS the holiday. If you appreciate quality, and enjoy long days at the pool, you'll love this Art Deco hotel. The hotel design is stunning, the gardens are manicured beautifully and the attention to detail and service is overwhelming.

The General Manager and his staff should be proud of what they are achieving.

Having rated the Algarve Casino and Sunrise Beach hotels in the Algarve and Cyprus respectively as 5 star, I would have to downgrade my assessment to 4* at best having seen the quality on offer here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JohnjoScotland
Jefe-de-reservas, Director General at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

Thank you for your nice words about your stay at Jardines de Nivaria Hotel, which you leave on Tripadvisor.com. We are very glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been submitted to our staff in order to motivate and encourage them to continue working on our customer service. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay. It will be a pleasure for us and we assure you our best attention at all time.
Kind regard.

The Management

There are newer reviews for Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles

Reviewed 16 August 2010

Our second visit to this hotel with our 8 yerar old grandaughter.

Fantastic location, facilities and choice of food.

Accommodation first class as you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Nothing was a problem for any of the staff and they could not do enough to ensure that your stay was most enjoyable. I have to say that having stayed in many 5 star hotels worldwide through both pleaure and business the freidliness of the staff was superb and they are a credit to the hotel for their professionalism and courtesies always shown to clients who sayed there.

I will most certainly return there for a future holiday and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for real quality.

Mr. Mrs. S Davis
Glasgow.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Jefe-de-reservas, Gerente at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

We would like to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to know that you enjoyed again your stay with us. All kind of criticsm is very important for us, because our goal is to grow up with your expectations. Hoping to welcome you again in ADRIÁN HOTELES, please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay. It will be a pleasure for us and we assure you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

We booked this hotel for a luxury family summer holiday having read other reviews and it lived up to its excellent billing. It is a beautiful hotel, and our rooms overlooking the garden (which were an upgrade from those we had booked) were lovely, cleaned immaculately and with a pleasant view. The two pools were excellent and service from almost all staff was very friendly (particularly when we tried a little Spanish to give our orders and say thank you !). We enjoyed the wide choice of breakfast but did not eat in the hotel for other meals - we found lunch was not needed after the size of the breakfast, and prefer to go out to different restaurants in the evening to eat. The a la carte restaurant looked a little formal for our kids ( 10 and 13) who prefer to relax with pizza.
The only grumble we would have is not the hotel's fault, but some guests do insist (despite notices asking them not to) on 'reserving' sunbeds with towels, books etc for hour after hour from the break of dawn and not using them - irritating for the rest of us, and as a family of four we fairly often had to find sunbeds apart from each other, which was not ideal.
This was a very relaxing holiday for us, and our kids were happy spending most of their time in the pools, but I would not imagine this is the ideal place to bring toddlers, as it is mainly adult guests with older children (if any), and ideal for a quiet break, no kids clubs or entertainment on site.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bjmanderm
Jefe-de-reservas, Gerente at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2010

We would like to thank you for leaving your comments on tripadvisor.com. It is really nice to read that you were happy with your stay and that we were able to reach your expectations. The opinion of our clients are very important for us to improve our services and installations. Thanking you again for your time, we would be very pleased to welcome you again ADRIÁN HOTELES.

The Management

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed at the Jardines De Nivaria with my wife. We travelled without our five year old who went on holiday with family so hopefully my opinions aren't too rose tinted. I could have been booked into the Hilton Kabul and enjoyed myself but this hotel was magnificent.
I have stayed in Adeje\Duque at least 10 times and have stayed in most of the top hotels. Thes include the Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque, Sheraton La Caleta and so on. This wipes the floor with most and more than matches any.
The hotel is spotless and very well run. Our room was immaculate and we stayed in one of the Presedential Suites. They have an outdoor jacuzzi which as amazing. They are not that more expensive and definitely worth it. The grounds are beautiful and the heated pool is amazing. The beds in the rooms are very comfortable and the TV has plenty of sky sports etc. The food at the hotel was very very good. The bfast buffet was spectacular and the posh restaurant was very very good. The staff were attentive, spoke very good english and nothing was too much trouble.
All in all I cannot fault. Its a good bit cheaper than the Bahia Del Duque but more than compares. The entertainment (three tenors, chinese acrobats etc.) was very good and I would go back tomorrow.

1  Thank JohnnyBoyMoore

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and for spending your time; your kind words encourage us a lot and show us the proper way forward. We will pass your positive comments to our staff. Hoping to welcome you again in ADRIÁN HOTELES, please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay. It will be a pleasure for us and we assure you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

Thank you so much to all the Staff at the hotel they made my honeymoon it was fantastic. On arrival at the airport we were collected by a private taxi, which was bliss as we did not have to travel all around the resort waiting for others to get off.
On arrival we were very impressed with the layout of the hotel it really is something special. Flora on reception greeted us and explained everything very clearly to us. A porter took our bags and showed us to our room.

We were on the ground floor in g block we had booked a Junior Suite whichw as layout with Champagne, Chocolates and flowers as well as fruit basket. We had a secluded garden area. the only thing i didnt like was we faced out towards the resturants and walkway but the trees did hide this i would of loved a view of the sea, however this was only a minor issue.
The standard of the room was very high there was everything you should need, shower gel, shampoo, tootbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc fresh towels and bed chang daily if you wished or every other day.
The pool area was peaceful this really is an adults hotel, althought there were children there they were well behaved and parents kept a close eye on them.
There is a note saying if towels are put out and not used within an hour they will be removed off the sun lounger, this is not the case, people were reserving beds as early as 6am and then not coming down till gone 3pm! However there are plenty of beds and it was mainly the ones by the heated pool which went first, but if you are sun lover like me then my tip is this. Secure a bed near the fresh water pool near the outdoor resturant, you have the sun for much longer amd it is not aas busy.
Food was lovley loads of choice. My other recommendation would be to eat in LaCapula this was outstanding and an experience which has to be taken.........
I really did enjoy my time at this hotel thankyou for the great service and lovley surrondings.
My last comment would be on the entertainment which is really the only thing that let the hotel down. The Sunshine band and Manhatten will drive you mad after one sitting. However the pianist they have playing each night was lovely. If you have the chance to see the 3 tenors during your stay you will be blown away they were amazing and made me cry, well done it was the best night out of the 10 nights entertainment.

1  Thank 5starandabove

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will inform our staff about your positive comments and it would be great, to welcome you again in ADRIÁN HOTELES.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

A beautiful hotel,spotlessly clean with all staff highly motivated to do their jobs.The gardens are so peaceful and well designed. 1 pool is heated to body temperature with a large jacuzzi the same.Breakfasts are good with healthy organic food served.F or 1/2 board clients evening meals are good and varied by having different theme nights and a choice of 2 hot main courses ,waiter served.We recently spent our 50th wedding anniversary here where the management and staff truly amazed us by making our day so special that we will always remember it. A truly 5 star hotel of excellence to which we shall return again and again.
Rod and Mary

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are very happy to know that we were able to reach your expectations, and you enjoyed your stay again. We need your opinion to keep standards and to improve services and installations. Hopping to welcome you again, please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay. It will be a pleasure for us and we assure you our best attention at all time.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

We were looking for plenty of sun and relaxtion in a 5 star hotel. I had read the previous reviews on this site and booked on the strength of those plus we were able to fly fom our local airport (Bouornemouth) result! We were collected from the airport by private minibus, heaven not having to be driven to other hotels first..we were met by porter who took our luggage for us and I knew that that it was going to be a good stay....The hotel is divided into 4/5 buildings we were in Tagana, if I were to stay again I think the best placed was Guaraja, we had requested seaview which were given but it was mostly across Playa de America, but a massive balcony with two chairs/table, parasol and two sun loungers made up for this. It was quite a walk from our room to reception for those less able a room near to the main building/recep would be better. The grounds were immaculate and very tastefully set out so you never had the impression of such a large hotel, the plants were amazing and very interesting. On entering the reception area it really does have the wow factor, the domed atrium is absolutely fantastic and as I love all things Art Deco the general interior was brilliant! The reception staff were fine, although always seemed very busy with phone constantly ringing and multi tasking, the resturaunt staff worked extremely hard to make sure tables were cleared quickly and that no-one was waiting for anything, you were able to sit on the terrace if a table was free which was a lovely start to the day (they do allow smoking outside) . People who had booked a suite were able to use the terrace outside La Cuppola (the al la carte resturaunt) whioch looked a lot more relaxing, although with a buffet breakfast arrangements you always get that canteen thing in the morning. We were only B & B so can't comment on the evening meal, it seemed very quiet in the evenings though and we never used La Cuppola as it was too quiet although previous reviews were v good and the daily menu display looked lovely. Pool arrangments were a ticket issued at check in that you present to a cabin near the pool in exchange for towels and chair covers. We always found sunbeds even if not going down till 10'ish, those sunbeds near the pool were usually taken up first, though there were plenty of nicer areas dotted around the pool. Nationality wise quite a mix, a lot more eastern europeans than I previously remember when visiting Tenerife 5 years ago, the hotel also seemed fairly popular with families although no kids club or disco was visible. I thought the evening entertainment was very good, usually followed format of pianist started 6.30 to 8.30 so you could here if dining outside on the terrace, then resident band till 9.30 followed by guest entertainer the evenings we watched we were very impressed and this seemed to be what people came back to the hotel for, there was a big seating area outside with waiter service. Would I came back to this hotel again, certainly. If you go out the back of hotel don't bother turing left into Playa (yuk) follow the prom around down to Playa del Duque, lovely beach, parasols and sunbeds about 17 euros for the day but boy you need the shade in that heat. Places to eat, highly reccommend La Nonna we ate there three times and were really pleased with it, helped by top maitre'd! (turn up right just before La Torr Mirado this has fab views though service rushed, food ok'ish, I wouldn't bother if you don't want to be rushed...We never went on any trips as we needed to relaxing, although off the beach there was the usual boating experiences. I visited the commercial centre nearby which I thought hugely expensive, some things were cheaper over here, again I think the markey maybe more aimed toward new eastern european money..I think I may be back at this hotel again, enjoy your stay! PS The spa looked lovely and you could have a massage by the pool in a lovely curtained cabin for about 30 euros. Drinks were pricey but what do you expect from a 5 star hotel, we also ate our lunch at the poolside bar which were very tasty

1  Thank MarsbarUk
Jefe-de-reservas, Gerente at Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2010

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We have noticed that you are very happy with your stay and we were able to fulfil your expectations, which makes us happy and helps us to motivate our staff to offer always our best service. The client's comments are very important for us to improve services and installations. Even positive criticism is very useful for us. Hoping to welcome you again in ADRIÁN HOTELES and thanking you for time you took to write about your holiday experience in Jardines de Nivaria Hotel, we remain asuring you always our best attention.