My first impression of the hotel was one of disappointment on entering the reception. I had viewed the hotel a couple of years ago, and it was definitely more faded this time round. I expected Hercule Poirot art deco, but the hotel was much more lack lustre than I anticipated.
Need a little updating. Beds comfortable and rooms well furnished. Bathroom a bit 80's, and the white plastic footstool and laundry bin (I think!) took up far too much space in the toilet. We had a ground floor room overlooking the mini golf, and because it was unseasonably humid during our stay it wasn't very pleasant to sit on the balcony as it was very enclosed.
Pool area and gardens
These were lovely, although a bit crowded. There is a large terrace a little was from the pool area and overlooking the sea, which was lovely. The sun-beds were really comfortable and are provided with towels and a mattress cover which you are able to change daily. The pool temperature was amazing - it was like stepping into a warm bath. There is also a colder pool, if you need to cool down.
I only had bed and breakfast and this was fairly mediocre. I was really disappointed as standards were more akin to an average 4 star rather than a 5 star. There's a nice terraced area to enjoy the outdoors, although this tended to get busy during peak times. Pool bars are also disappointing; the best of the bunch is the pool bar overlooking the sea for pizza or salad for lunch.
This hotel is clearly popular with the older crowd and there is the predictable night time entertainment which is difficult to get away from as the electric keyboard starts playing around 6pm. I found the hotel lacking in atmosphere and slightly pretentious.
The surrounding area
In my view Costa Adeje has gone downhilll - until of course you experience the "delights" of Playa de las Americas. Then I felt relieved to be where I was. Coeur de fillet is a nice restaurant, which is about 10 mins walk away.
We were unable to keep our room on the last day, despite offering to pay. The hotel was full so we were offered a courtesy room. My advice if you are offered this is: don't bother. The facilities are appalling. They were hot, dirty, and full of cigarette ends and other peoples' debris. We decided to shower in the facilities near the pool area. For a hotel clearly concerned with its presentation, this has to be bad for its brand.
Overall the hotel has 5 star intentions, but 4 star appeal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardines De Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles Hotel Costa Adeje
- Jardines De Nivaria Hotel
- Jardines De Nivaria Adeje
- Hotel Jardines De Nivaria
- Jardines Nivaria
- Jardines De Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles Costa Adeje, Tenerife