Lagos de Fanabe Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Yucca Park(Playa de Fanabe)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Princess(Costa Adeje)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstreet tradersexcellent locationlovely complexbedroom apartmentroyal sunsetnice apartmentlove tenerifelick of paintnice pool areawashing machinerestaurants and barsrelaxing weeksun all daypool viewsister hotelgreat holidayself catering
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I've just returned from a week at Lagos de Fanabe and I really enjoyed it. I was so nervous after reading the reviews and I needn't have been.

My partner and I were in room 2070 and it had been refurbished and it was lovely nice comfy new sofa, samsung flat screen tv with loads of channels including ITV. There was air con in the living room and bedroom.

We had no trouble checking in or out, you paid a deposit for the tv remote which you got back as well as the deposit for the safe. Yes you had to pay about 15euros for the safe for a week but that's no different to other apartments I've stayed in.

Our room had a lovely balcony view over the complex and out to the sea. However, our bedroom had a window that looked out on to the road and the Royal Sunset Beach so you could hear their entertainment on an evening and the binmen, but again it's not that bad.

The location is excellent there is everything you could want on your doorstep and there are so many restaurants you really are spolied for choice.

I couldn't fault the apartment, it had cockroach spray in the cupboard under the sink just in case. We found a teeny one on the first night, but we sprayed round the doors and windows every night and never saw another one.

We used to sunbathe on the upper terrace, hardly anyone went up there so we had a pick of sunbeds and parasols and you got the sun all day.

I would definitely go back and I think once all of the rooms are refurbished then there will be very little to fault in my opinion. They were refurbishing several rooms while we there which is proof that they are doing it.

Room Tip: Try and get a refurbished room in an upper floor apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shell_Burt86
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our apartment was not brilliant - the odd cockroach, a fridge door that didn't open fully due to narrowness of kitchen, rusty taps, shower fell off the wall and the beds were very uncomfortable with loose springs. Also you have to pay a deposit and a daily rate for use of the safe, and in our apartment there was only one (very slow) fan in the living room, nothing in the bedroom and again a fan would have required a deposit and a daily tariff which could work out pricey as there's 2 bedrooms. As it was we sweltered all night long. Having said all that, the layout of the resort was lovely; nice pool area, and instead of a balcony we had a sort of garden with trees etc. I think this would be a lovely place to stay as long as you get the right apartment; the guy on reception did say they were in the middle of modernising. The location is brilliant, but I wouldnt' like an apartment that overlooks the street, it would be very noisy.

Room Tip: make sure you get one in the middle of the resort, and get one of the newer ones.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JilEssex
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We arrived at this hotel after staying in the Parque Del Sol for a week which is a 5 minute walk along the road. When we arrived the reception staff told us the room which we had booked with our timeshare was not as big as the room they were going to give us. They took us all the way through the complex to Los Olivios which is the hotel next door. They were linked but Los Olivos was a different complex. When arriving in our room there was a damp, musty smell. The room was very big (2 bed, 2 bath) but there was not much furniture to fill it. It was also very dark. There was a manhole and a drain in the middle of the kitchen and in one bathroom we found a cockroach bigger than any we had EVER seen before. We have been to tenerife several times and seen them but they are usually no more than 1.5 inches. This was almost the size of my hand. We used up a few cans of bug spray and kept all plugs in the sink holes and all windows closed. The balcony was unuseable as there was cat droppings all over it. We spent one night there and the next day found the room with our timeshare where we were supposed to stay and found it was empty. After a lot of complaining and arguing with the staff we were given our rightful room. They would not have given it to us if it weren't for guests arriving in the lobby. We packed up straight away and instead of walking the long way around we dropped our cases over the balcony wall. The wall was waist height and lead to a quiet lane off the street. Not very safe as anyone could have broken in. We arrived at our new room and it was much nicer. Over looking the pool, everything was much brighter and cleaner. We couldnt use the balcony though as it was a groundfloor balcony and had a muddy looking garden on it. There was no room to sit out there and after seeing the size of the cockroach we did not feel comfortable sitting there. This room was FULL of small cockroaches. Mostly baby ones but they were still horrible. It was too scary to leave the windows open so it was very warm in there.
The pool area was not the best, it was all on a hill so sunbeds would not sit right and there wasn't a lot of sunbeds. The pool itself was murkey and shaded in parts.
Luckily it is in an excellent location for the beach and restaurants but unfortunately this is all it has going for it. I would never reccomend this place to anyone and you couldn't pay me to stay here again. There are lots of other apartments in the area. Parque Del Sol is lovely and only 5 minutes walk along the road. We have stayed there three times.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank rockandrose21
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The hotel-apartment Lagos de Fanabe is not easy to find when you arrive. You have to park the car while the entrance is in a small street only for pedestrian....that I couldn't find if I hadn't call the hotel to explain me where the entrance was...The apartment are very basic and and old furniture (in fact I know the hotel should be restructured in the next monts) and only after two days I could have an hairdryer.The worst thing is the cucarachas-cockroachs-scarafaggi in the apartment!!! We were at the first floor and during a night we found 3 cockroachs in the apartment and another one in the balcony. The day after we told the receptionist about this problem: she didn't seem to be surprised and they made a "supplementary" cleaning of the apartment but I was not very confident and my husband and I preferred to change hotel. Avoid this hotel because Costa Adeje is full of nicer and cleaner hotels!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank supersimmy
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Lagos de Fanabé is very well located, it has almost direct access to the beach, only separated by a "walking street". The beach is perfect, too. It is close to el Duque and its commercial centers, fancy restaurants and hotels. The administration and all staff make their best for you to have a perfect stay.

The peoplecleaning the rooms are very friendly and efficient and the rooms are really clean, although they are cleaned every two days. The pools in the hotel are beautiful and heated. The food is not the best, but if you book only the hotel there are many restaurants and cafes just around the corner. Although the food was not very good, the waiters were exceptional, no complain.

The green areas around the pools are not very clean, but it did not affect us as we were always at the beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family