Myself & my girlfriend (19 & 20 years of age) both stayed here from the 15th - 22nd of June & thoroughly enjoyed are stay. Prior to going i had a look at alot of reviews on TripAdvisor & can tell you now that alot of the negatives are people expecting too much for what they pay.
The hotel is immaculate, rooms cleaned daily including fresh beds, towels & bottle of water.
Pool area is cleaned every morning as is the hotel its self.
The food is a fend fo yourself/buffet type & although nearer the end of the week we found the food a bit repetitive it is all of very good standard, there is various meats, fish, freshly baked pizza, paella & various other foods. Deserts are limited but what is there is of decent quality. There is a separate dining area which you can visit twice a week which hold a spanish tapas night & a mexican night - these i highly recommend, the service was great & food was amazing.
The rooms themselfs are limited in storage but there is enough room for all clothes.
We did have to pay 20euros deposit for the safe & 15 euros each for towels (towels you can swap for fresh ones 3 times a week). There is a tv which you can work manually using the buttons (no need for a remote). There is a fridge is the room which is free & very handy. Prior to leaving for our holiday we requested a room on the 4th floor with seaviews which we got.
The entertainment is okay but nothing to rave about, drinks in the bar are very good with a wide selection of cocktails, spirirts & Amstel Beer on tap. Yes at night there is a slight queue for the bar but i never had to wait more than 3 - 4 mins (not the end of the world). I did not have a problem at all with the pool bar, did not have a problem with any queues.
The only complaints i do have is as mentioned below we did have room trouble & had to check out by 12 noon & were roomless till we left (9:00pm), we did book the complimentary room for half an hour which isnt enough time but we managed. You do get to keep your all inclusive wristbands so meals/drinks were still available. Also PLEASE do not make the same mistake we done & book any excursions with the hotel reps, its way more expensive that the local agents along the beach front or at the other shops located around Costa adeje, the reps will lie about the other places having no insurance or longer bus journeys etc etc this is all lies, they use the same bus company as Thomson & have all correct insurances as we later found out after booking the Loro Parque/Siam Park twin ticket with thomson (both trips were amazing - highly recommended)!!
All in all we loved our week at Hotel Luabay, yes its not the most amazing hotel in the world but for what you pay for i thought it was brilliant, do not let the negative reviews put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje invites you to enjoy your holidays in an exclusive hotel in Playa Fañabé with a full range of services. The Hotel is located next to the beach, in the most beautiful and peaceful area of Costa Adeje. Discover our All Inclusive service as well as our high class rooms which are ideal for sophisticated guests with great expectations. Relaxation and comfort is what you can expect from your stay at HOVIMA Costa Adeje in Playa Fañabé. Enjoy the wonderful surroundings and the nature at a one of a kind location. HOVIMA Costa Adeje is exclusive for adults, minimum 16 years old (accompanied at least by an adult with more than 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your HOVIMA Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Adeje Hotel Costa Adeje
- Esmeralda Hotel Tenerife
- HOVIMA Costa Adeje Tenerife